The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This whole situation is fantastic.

What's next, Patrick Stewart leaving Mike a voice mail calling him a horse's ass?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Stewart is too busy suckling on Ian McKellens shriveled old dick while somehow simultaneously fellating himself over his own self importance to care about anything like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its pretty comical that Shat somehow convinced himself that 2 innocuous tweets from RLM a year ago and them telling their fans not to bother him is clear proof that they are indeed out to get him. he should probably be happy that anyone still has interest in him decades after his career ended. twitter is some kind of mind sickness to current and washed up celebrities. its ruined any positive images i ever had of these people. am i the only one who cant watch old movies the same anymore after seeing how these people behave in real life?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, if it hurt mikes feeling that Shatner called him silly that essay must have straight gutted him!

Good lord. That was awful. And i didn't read more than 2 paragraphs of it. That was already too much.

At least Mike can now claim to have been in a pissing contest with Captain Kirk.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, if it hurt mikes feeling that Shatner called him silly that essay must have straight gutted him!

Good lord. That was awful. And i didn't read more than 2 paragraphs of it. That was already too much.

At least Mike can now claim to have been in a pissing contest with Captain Kirk.
the RLM fans must really have gotten under his skin. i guess repeatedly asking the guy to do a show he clearly doesnt want to do can be annoying, but have a little humility. dont come gunning for the fans. i guess if they had offered him a cut of that fat internet money he might have changed his tune. its prettty funny how he tried to smear those guys as greedy grifters. if they really make only 1200 dollars per video, thats not even minimum wage spread across 4 guys. fucking shame on this guy.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Mike must be feeling kinda fucked up by this. A man that you've been a fan of since childhood has just written a 2500 word essay calling you a dickwad.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a good thing they've spent the last decade destroying his childhood anyway, probably relatively desensitized by now.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taking Shatner's side here because I understand his confusion. Before watching the Picard Re:Views, I didn't know what RLM was. And still haven't really watched much of their videos. They would still be a non-entity for me if I hadn't wandered into this thread. Which was a pretty cool find, btw.

Shatner has been around a very long time while dealing with Trek nerds who have no life. From his point of view RLM is just another of the same type of losers trying to tag him for rep points. And he's correct.

Still like RLM, but Shatner is The Captain and fuck all the rest.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Taking Shatner's side here because I understand his confusion. Before watching the Picard Re:Views, I didn't know what RLM was. And still haven't really watched much of their videos. They would still be a non-entity for me if I hadn't wandered into this thread. Which was a pretty cool find, btw.

Shatner has been around a very long time while dealing with Trek nerds who have no life. From his point of view RLM is just another of the same type of losers trying to tag him for rep points. And he's correct.

Still like RLM, but Shatner is The Captain and fuck all the rest.
The point was at no time did RLM contact him to be on their show. I dunno if they ever have contacted anyone to do their show. From what I gathered they get contacted first. Those guys make hardly any money when all is said and done. They can't afford to pay guests too. So for The Shat to shit on them for the actions of others it's pretty fucking low.

• 4Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
RLM is usually pretty good about ignoring nonsense and doing their thing.

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
The point was at no time did RLM contact him to be on their show. I dunno if they ever have contacted anyone to do their show. From what I gathered they get contacted first. Those guys make hardly any money when all is said and done. They can't afford to pay guests too. So for The Shat to shit on them for the actions of others it's pretty fucking low.

It's really just a situation where Shatner doesn't know what's going on, he's created a story in his mind about what is going on, and he's not willing to spend 30 minutes to correct his own misinterpretation.

It's not RLM at fault. It's the twitter brigade that decided to start harassing William Shatner that instigated Captain Kirk's profound and deeply self serving ire.

It's 100% perfectly ok if Shatner doesn't like RLM. Good lord, if what he saw was 3 minutes of a nerd crew clip he's right to have that opinion. Even if he saw something more widely targeted, like a Re:View of The Motion Picture he still may not like it. And that's fine too. The issue is not that Shatner doesn't like them. It's that he's spouting off about something that he has no idea about or, really, even any interest in.

And that's the twitter mob just poking him. Mike had to make a video asking fans to please stop taunting the old man. Maybe it came from a good place but as soon as Shatner said no, that's where it needed to stop.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's really just a situation where Shatner doesn't know what's going on, he's created a story in his mind about what is going on, and he's not willing to spend 30 minutes to correct his own misinterpretation.

It's not RLM at fault. It's the twitter brigade that decided to start harassing William Shatner that instigated Captain Kirk's profound and deeply self serving ire.

It's 100% perfectly ok if Shatner doesn't like RLM. Good lord, if what he saw was 3 minutes of a nerd crew clip he's right to have that opinion. Even if he saw something more widely targeted, like a Re:View of The Motion Picture he still may not like it. And that's fine too. The issue is not that Shatner doesn't like them. It's that he's spouting off about something that he has no idea about or, really, even any interest in.

And that's the twitter mob just poking him. Mike had to make a video asking fans to please stop taunting the old man. Maybe it came from a good place but as soon as Shatner said no, that's where it needed to stop.
sure, i dont think anyone blames him for being annoyed, if you or I was getting hounded nonstop, we would be pissed too. but he gets hounded all the time by everyone. he spends his entire day trolling and dealing with trolls. its not clear why he picked out RLM to focus his anger on. even then, if he had just kept it to "your fans are assholes" it would be no big deal. he went after them personally. even insinuating that they were grifters raking in those fat internet stacks off their fans. it was all just very mean and misplaced.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Shatner is in a very unique position when it comes to fanboys so I can see him immediately hating everyone

• 3Like