The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i think i got lucky, my parents didnt really drink, but they didnt mind if i did, only rule i had was no drinking outside of the house. of course i broke that rule a few times, but i kept the drinking at home, which wasnt much fun because i wasnt impressing anyone. the rest of my family loved drinking at parties, of course everyone would drink, even us kids got small shots of whiskey. i think my aunts and uncles got a kick out of watching us kids get all loopy. fun times.
Explains a lot.

/j

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm a few weeks late to the discussion, but i grew up just south of milwaukee... mike drinking like that is totally a normal thing around those parts. last time i checked, wisconsin had the highest bars per capita of anywhere else in america.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Rich has to be in a weird position being around a heavy drinker as he's a teetotaler
you just sort of get used to it. i never drink. it's more uncomfortable, i find for the people who DO drink. i can't tell you how many times i've been told "i don't trust people who don't drink" like it's supposed to be an insult.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
you just sort of get used to it. i never drink. it's more uncomfortable, i find for the people who DO drink. i can't tell you how many times i've been told "i don't trust people who don't drink" like it's supposed to be an insult.
I rarely drink, and I don't have an issue being around drinkers. Ones that drink heavily can be weird to be around for me, though. It's like they get possessed by a different version of themselves and it's like talking to a stranger. They won't remember the majority of what occurs so it feels pointless in trying to interact with them.

In Rich's case, Mike is not just his friend, but also his boss.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
having been on both sides of the coin as a drinker and non drinker, its no big deal. when i say non drinker i mean a few beers in an evening, which is literally nothing. you dont even get a good buzz on. i did the drinker thing in my 20s, friend of mine and i would split a 30 pk suitcase to watch the ball game and we would kill the whole thing. no biggie, the really hardcore drunks get so sloshed you have to carry them around or hear their sob stories or they get all agitated or weepy. then it gets embarrassing, long as that doesnt happen, then its no biggie. a female friend of mine was a complete drunk and one time we are in the Village (NYC) and some bum asks her for some money and she tells him "fuck off N-word", that put me in a hell of a problem if this guy tried to hit her or got buddies or others heard her. luckily he shuffled off and we didnt have to throw down because of this bitch. thats the most extreme example other thn one friend who thought people were talking shit about him and he wanted to fight them. it was up to me to keep his ass out of fights/jail. when i wasnt around thats what happened. Mike looks like a silly/sad drunk so he's harmless. if he was all beer rage then they would ditch his ass quicklike.

• 1Like

j00t

i mean... i hate being that guy but...
i mean a few beers in an evening, which is literally nothing.
no. that's literally something.

who am i kidding, i love being that guy

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean... i hate being that guy but...

no. that's literally something.

who am i kidding, i love being that guy
hey i'm just keepin it 100. having a beer or 3 with friends in an evening is just what happens in reality. if Rich isnt drinking with the other guys, it might just be he's a former hard drinker himself or he had bad experience with someone who was. its understandable, but there is nothing wrong with nursing a few beers for an evening, its only just a tasty beverage at that point.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Don't drink myself, and while I don't go out with people who are drinking (to the point of actual inebriation) very often, when I do I tend to find it more entertaining than anything. I get to be in a state of mind to enjoy the comedy of the stupid shit people do when they're plastered, and it's always fun being the one guy who remembers exactly what happened that night.

Chris

Potato del Grande
hey i'm just keepin it 100. having a beer or 3 with friends in an evening is just what happens in reality. if Rich isnt drinking with the other guys, it might just be he's a former hard drinker himself or he had bad experience with someone who was. its understandable, but there is nothing wrong with nursing a few beers for an evening, its only just a tasty beverage at that point.
OK but you can't call yourself a non drinker if you drink.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
OK but you can't call yourself a non drinker if you drink.
sure i can, i just did! :)
i would consider a drinker as somebody who drinks several times a week and not just socially. somebody like me who has maybe 6-12 beers in a year, i wouldnt consider a drinker.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
sure i can, i just did! :)
i would consider a drinker as somebody who drinks several times a week and not just socially. somebody like me who has maybe 6-12 beers in a year, i wouldnt consider a drinker.
You have to count the wine you drink and brush your teeth with too, astro. Italians, man :D

• 1Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
By definition, having drinks makes you a drinker. Having too many drinks way too often makes you a drunk.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i'm a few weeks late to the discussion, but i grew up just south of milwaukee... mike drinking like that is totally a normal thing around those parts. last time i checked, wisconsin had the highest bars per capita of anywhere else in america.
I do not know about now, but back when I was college age in the late 80s, the town of Beaver Dam has the highest per capita of alcoholics of any city in the world (the next four on the list were all in USSR). Can confirm that Wisconsinites drink at a level unlike anyone else.