The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved that movie as a kid. Was constantly on HBO in the 80s. Forgot Ernie Hudson was in it.
its weird, i know ive seen that movie, all those scenes look familiar, but i'll be damned if i can remember actually sitting down to watch it. i know i watched the fuck out of Megaforce. which is a similar film.
iu

man, now i want to watch it again.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
its weird, i know ive seen that movie, all those scenes look familiar, but i'll be damned if i can remember actually sitting down to watch it. i know i watched the fuck out of Megaforce. which is a similar film.
iu

man, now i want to watch it again.
Yeah, that's another childhood classic. Even had a matchbox car of the dune buggy, except it was olive drab, and not the desert sand color.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For shame, Chuk, for not Worfing that post.

I laughed pretty hard at "is that the one with Scott Bakula."

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm glad they're stepping outside of the box and doing other goofier stuff. My money is that they'll do a second version of this episode, where Mike ends up battling Rich, with Jay being the announcer. Then we can see just how nerdy both of them are about Star Trek.

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty embarrassed by how many of those I knew, but it was heavily weighted towards TNG and DS9 (aka good Star Trek).

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Damn, Zack Snyder really is a hack. he managed to blatantly rip off an entire movie and borrow heavily from several others. creativity is dead.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Their story of Mike and Rich being extras and Mike hiving to ride an amusement show ride for hours until feeling sick, reminded me of something from a friend from years ago.

My friend did work as an extra when he could, a local theme park had build a new rollercoaster. He spent all day there filming with a bunch of people riding it multiple times. Two pretty young girls who were sitting in the front seats got sick and had to get out at the end of the run, walk off a short distance and throw up. Everyone else was sitting in the rollercoaster, had to look away and 'Oh God that's gross!' kinda stuff. This was only early in the day too. Then they had to keep riding the thing again and again, he said the whole day was terrible.

A few weeks later and the ad comes on TV. Over 50% of the ad was those 2 girls riding in the front seats. Slow-mo kinda shots of them screaming and long hair flying. Due to the way the filming was done, cameras had been attached to the nose of the coaster for the first several runs, filming the girls. Then during a break the cameras were removed and the coaster was run again and again with nothing on its nose to look clean, and film it from multiple positions from the ground. With everyone riding it again and again. But the ad was mostly those 2 girls in the front seats. He was angry.

• 2Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
A lot of people consider that a bad movje, I can't imagine why. Oldman is so, so good. For sure the best Dracula, and one of the best vampire movies period.

Of course I haven't seen it in like 20 years, this may be an Event Horizon situation where I revisit and find out yet again that younger me liked a lot of dumb things.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Review was really positive; it was mostly the acting of the younger actors that they sort of complained about, but everything else was great.

Sterling

El Presidente
They're mostly right. Keanu and Rider are miscast in an otherwise really interesting and well made movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking RLM. Now I want to go back and watch it.

I remember liking it when I was young, so much so that I tried reading the book. Could never get through it though as reading letters and shit was just super boring. Plus the book was incredibly long.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
been a while since I saw it. and I got to tell you. I had totally forgotten the "mina was the reincarnation of his lost love" thing was made up for the movie. That shit is like core to the mythos now. EVERY Dracula story has that as part of it nowadays.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user