gak

<Gold Donor>
rlm.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 2Great Review
Reactions: 9 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Even that 2003 picture of Jay looks better than his look in some of their early videos.

His forward combed flat straw looking hair was not a good look.

spronk

FPS noob
six lights prisoners dilemma: i wanna watch the RLM picard videos, but i kinda need to watch picard s2 first. but i don't really want to

Fadaar

That guy
nobody encapsulates "hollywood is raping my childhood" quite like Mike and Rich talking about nu-Trek

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I thought this was a pretty good episode.

When they brought up the Chinese pandering, made me remember the stupid arks that the CCP was building in the 2012 movie. I'd be curious to go back and look at his other films to see how much was tied to that market.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I thought this was a pretty good episode.

When they brought up the Chinese pandering, made me remember the stupid arks that the CCP was building in the 2012 movie. I'd be curious to go back and look at his other films to see how much was tied to that market.
There's an endless amount of this shit in movies made between 2010 and 2020.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was one of the better BotWs recently I think. Would love to have that guest on again as well.

• 3Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Is new Jack going to replace old Jack? I was a bit iffy on The Boys guy at first but it ended up being a great episode. He was probably the most reserved of all of their guests and seemed to fit in with the discussion much more naturally than any of the others.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Lol'd pretty hard at the 'everyone gives Jack a Script' running gag.

They should follow it up with some fake trailers for the scripts: "From the acclaimed director of The Dark Knight and Inception comes a masterpiece for a new generation of film lovers! Presenting: Christopher Nolan's "Top Hat Monkey Goes West"! Filmed in IMAX!"

• 3Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Lol'd pretty hard at the 'everyone gives Jack a Script' running gag.

They should follow it up with some fake trailers for the scripts: "From the acclaimed director of The Dark Knight and Inception comes a masterpiece for a new generation of film lovers! Presenting: Christopher Nolan's "Top Hat Monkey Goes West"! Filmed in IMAX!"
See to me that was my least favorite part of the show. At least with Mack it felt like he was riding high on coke and just wanted to be there. With Jack it felt like a guest shot on the Murray show. They had to talk about what he was up to and keep bringing up that he was working with Nolan. And this giving him a script thing felt like how they decided to do it. It felt like a gag on a late night talk show which isn't RLM, to me.

Don't get me wrong, Jack was good and the show was good, I lol'ed. It was just the first time it felt so blatantly...commercial, for lack of a better term, and I don't like that as much, but it's all subjective.

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
See to me that was my least favorite part of the show. At least with Mack it felt like he was riding high on coke and just wanted to be there. With Jack it felt like a guest shot on the Murray show. They had to talk about what he was up to and keep bringing up that he was working with Nolan. And this giving him a script thing felt like how they decided to do it. It felt like a gag on a late night talk show which isn't RLM, to me.

Don't get me wrong, Jack was good and the show was good, I lol'ed. It was just the first time it felt so blatantly...commercial, for lack of a better term, and I don't like that as much, but it's all subjective.
I got the exact opposite of that out of it. Total mockery of all involved, including Quaid and Nolan. Ya, it was a scripted gag rather than something 'spontaneous', but who cares if it's funny? Unlike the Mac stuff which was mostly cringe. Plus, Jay doing that totally deadpan near-idiot voice that he uses (mostly) during the Nerd Crew episodes just slays me.

Although if they had continued the 'guest kowtows to the shining celebrity of Rich Evans' bit, that would have been pretty funny too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Fuck I gotta see that Stone Cold film. I immediately checked if it's on any of the streaming services I got and nope, damn it.

Also new Jack was good, I got to say that I don't recognize him, either by name, or his face looking familiar, I will do a IMDB look soon.

I figured he'd be a good fit with them when he said that he'd been president of the 'Bad Movie Club' back in high school. He's got a history of doing this, not just playing along to fit in.

• 2Like