The Revenant (2015)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just saw this trailer, looked dope as fuck.

lol "To prevent gangrene, Glass laid his wounded back on a rotting log and let the maggots eat the dead flesh."
Am I even qualified to watch this? Jesus, men were different back then...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This and Star Wars are the two movies that I HAVE to see this year. Period.

SekaiX_sl

shitlord
Still, some crewmembers believe a lot of misery could have been avoided - and money saved - if at least some parts of the movie had been conceived with computer-generated effects. "That's exactly what I didn't want," counters Inarritu. "If we ended up in greenscreen with coffee and everybody having a good time, everybody will be happy, but most likely the film would be a piece of shit." Revenant is about survival, he says, and the actors and crew benefited from having to make it in nature.
If only more directors were like this...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree to a point but some artists take their shit way too far and it becomes a real hindrance.
It only becomes a money problem, production costs wise. It doesn't have anything to do with actors since if they ever walk out of some film they both won't get paid and get bad rep. There's a lot of movies that went full hell during shooting (Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, Jaws, some early Scorsese work, etc) and it's all about money. Most film crew have union contracts, if the movie shooting is expanded they get paid. Everyone gets paid at the end, it's all about strongarming the studios / exec producers.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If only more directors were like this...
george-lucas-600cs051612.jpg

Eheh

Siliconemelons

From the trailer it looks like they made the abandonment more..purposeful and evil hearted than what the historical accounts represent, at least on the wiki etc. On those readings it looked like the 2 dudes left him because they legit thought he was dead / dead soon...

Still this looks awesome :)

Brad2770

I was reading today about the attempted assassination of Andrew Jackson. Though no where near as brutal as this, I really think Hollywood needs to turn to making a lot more historical movies. Sometimes the truth is a lot more amazing than what could be written.

Andrew Jackson was looking down the barrels of two Derringer pistols. Both misfired. The pistols later tested by the Smithsonian and they fired first shot. Some math ran and both pistols misfiring was 1 in 125,000. To top things off, Davy Crockett helped wrestle the man down. And he hated Jackson.

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL Dicaprio gets raped by that bear. Twice.

Drudge_sl said:
DICAPRIO RAPED BY BEAR IN FOX MOVIE!

The new movie 'REVENANT' features a shocking scene of a wild bear raping Leo DiCaprio!

The explicit moment from Oscar winning director Alejandro Inarritu has caused maximum controversy in early screenings. Some in the audience escaped to the exits when the Wolf of Wall Street met the Grizzly of Yellowstone.

The story of rural survivalism and revenge reaches new violent levels for a mainstream film.

The bear flips Leo over and thrusts and thrusts during the explicit mauling.

"He is raped -- twice!"

Not to be outdone, DiCaprio rips open a horse and sleeps naked in its carcass!

For director Inarritu, 'BIRDMAN' was just the appetizer.

FOX has given the movie an award-qualifying release on Christmas Day.
Day one.