The Revenant (2015)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The-Great-Gatsby7.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought the film was beautiful. Leo and Hardy were great but the writing/ending just fell flat for me .

Column_sl

shitlord
I am so confused by the Golden Globes.

* Matt Damon, "The Martian" wins for best actor in a musical or comedy?? is my list wrong...

How exactly is that a Comedy

Anyway Revenant seems to be sweeping

Also Mr Robot won over last years season of GOT, that shit was epic.

Going to have to check out that TV series now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

You really should, its excellent. Btw, Revenant wins Globe for Best Movie. Not the strongest movie year by any means (they hardly get it right anyways).

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The reaction you posted of his response to Gaga winning was better

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
revenant wasn't even better than creed, hateful eight, the martian, concussion etc. it's totally mediocre.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked how, even if with comedy, they acknowledged the importance of how good the bear scene was in this movie. If not for that scene, the movie would have really been mediocre.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched it at the theater this weekend, and I agree that it was a little long and drawn out. However, I'd rather let the director do that if it is his intent instead of the constant editing we hear about because some studio execs think a longer movie isn't going to sell as many tickets. Now in this case I don't think it improved the movie really, but it didn't really detract from it for me either. I wouldn't have minded if every 30 second scene had been cut to 15 seconds though, and shaved 20-30 minutes off the movie.

I loved the movie, but other than the bear scene and the ending fight, I doubt that I'd watch it again for another 10+ years, at least.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am so confused by the Golden Globes.

* Matt Damon, "The Martian" wins for best actor in a musical or comedy?? is my list wrong...

How exactly is that a Comedy

Anyway Revenant seems to be sweeping

They figured it had a better shot to win in the comedy category. Apparently, you can do that.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Was Tom Hardy a Cajun man in this movie ? Was trying to figure out that accent ? I remember they said back to Texas or heading to Texas, but he sounded strangely Southern

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Revenant was indeed pretty awesome and is probably my favorite movie of 2015.

It's a shame The Big Short wasn't nominated for anything, that was a great flick too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Was Tom Hardy a Cajun man in this movie ? Was trying to figure out that accent ? I remember they said back to Texas or heading to Texas, but he sounded strangely Southern
Sounded like a modern day maryland/delaware/pennsylvania accent to me

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Revenant was indeed pretty awesome and is probably my favorite movie of 2015.

It's a shame The Big Short wasn't nominated for anything, that was a great flick too.
Uhh, "The Big Short" was nominated for best picture, best director, best supporting actor, and best adapted screenplay.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Just came back from it. I thought it was pretty ok, like 6.5/10. I felt like it was too long. All the scenes with the Chief guy could have been cut, he didn't matter at all. Tom Hardy again is doing weird accents, that guy just can't stop. Great footage etc, but the writing was pretty bad. Bear CGI sucked but I'm not sure if it could have been better. Could have replaced the indian boy with an autistic kid and it would have been exactly the same lol.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
This is the grittiest, manliest movie I have ever seen in my life. I can't think of any scene in any movie that stressed me out as much as that bear mauling scene did.