The Revenant (2015)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was reading today about the attempted assassination of Andrew Jackson. Though no where near as brutal as this, I really think Hollywood needs to turn to making a lot more historical movies. Sometimes the truth is a lot more amazing than what could be written.

Andrew Jackson was looking down the barrels of two Derringer pistols. Both misfired. The pistols later tested by the Smithsonian and they fired first shot. Some math ran and both pistols misfiring was 1 in 125,000. To top things off, Davy Crockett helped wrestle the man down. And he hated Jackson.
If it wasn't for the whole genocide thing, Andrew Jackson would be my favorite president bar none. Dude was so hardcore guns were scared to shoot him. Among a number of other ludicrous things about his life. The biography of him by Jon Meachum is well worth the read if anyone likes historical biographies. Follow up with the Polk biography by Walter Borneman for bonus points.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I was pretty excited when the wife presented me with the screener of this today. And then I remembered they only ever send out DVD's for some dumb fucking reason. Get it together, Hollywood.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
She's studying to be a nurse but works for a consulting firm that has a side business of hosting PO boxes for Hollywoood types. So over the last 18 months she's made buddies with some people's wives and such that give us swag from time to time.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
...and it kicks the shit out of S(J)W Disney princess. This is up there with MMFR.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna save my viewing for the big screen. Will make sure I bring my flask while watching, so I can feel 1/100th as manly as Hugh.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
...and it kicks the shit out of S(J)W Disney princess. This is up there with MMFR.
It's good, but I enjoyed both Star Wars and Mad Max more than this. It's not up there with Mad Max IMHO(MM still my favorite movie of the year)

I honestly didn't like it as much as Dicaprios last film, Wolf of Wall Street. I thought Dicaprio did a better acting job in that, than this.

Don't get me wrong, this is a really good movie, and it may get some Oscar nominations but I don't think it deserves to win much. Maybe some awards like Cinematography and score but none of the big ones.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Put it on late last night, was a bit boring and halfway through I decided bed was more appealing than another 90 minutes of Di Caprio crawling through the snow

koljec_sl

shitlord
Good film. Breathtaking scenes and camera work. Hardy is pretty good.

True Grit remake was a better story and all-around movie.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the story, but everything else was pretty good.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What is the true story? Just curious.

I had a very hard time believing a lot of the movie, even though I knew it was based on a true story. It wasn't so much...

the surviving the initial bear attack, but the days and weeks spent in the freezing cold snow without any adverse effects on the main character. Dude should have died from hypothermia on about Day #3.