The Rookie

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
To be fair... how long did they think they could keep him a "rookie"? As for the FBI chick who is now getting her own show... THAT is FBI material??

joz123

Potato del Grande
To be fair... how long did they think they could keep him a "rookie"? As for the FBI chick who is now getting her own show... THAT is FBI material??
level GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Season 3. Wtf, blacks have it rough, don't arrest us, fixing a playground, black lives matter cup - what is this sjw bs? I see the tmdb ratings on plex for the whole season is markedly lower than the other 4. Tell me this sjw bs ends? So many other shows for that.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 3. Wtf, blacks have it rough, don't arrest us, fixing a playground, black lives matter cup - what is this sjw bs? I see the tmdb ratings on plex for the whole season is markedly lower than the other 4. Tell me this sjw bs ends? So many other shows for that.
I am not sure. I stopped watching it with the Black FBI agent that was so unrealistic it was stupid.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Season 3 is the "worst" for it. It's still around some, but not as strong as it was in season 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I am not sure. I stopped watching it with the Black FBI agent that was so unrealistic it was stupid.
None of the show before or after the FBI lady was realistic other than the most basic premise of "we're cops that arrest people".

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Benny Hill What GIF

Unabomber episode. And now there's a black old fbi trainee as main. Everybody having babies or going on vacation? Meh.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit this show is terrible, think I watched the pilot years ago and just watched an episode tonight I think was new? Such trash and it now has a spin off for the FBI wtf

Szlia

I was looking for a light show to binge watch so I went through all 5 seasons of this. Weird show. The first two seasons are not unpleasant, but they suffer from two things. First, the premise of the show, a guy in his late 40s becoming a rookie, goes nowhere fast. It's mainly fodder for a couple jokes here and there and giving the opportunity to hire a seasoned and well liked actor for the part. Amusingly, this is seemingly based on the life of a friend of the producer. The second problem is that it is totally tone deaf. It's a cop show where every cop is great in a LA without gangs. It's insane. Then you have the 3rd season that overcorrects with the subtlety of an elephant in a china shop. Season 4 and 5 find a better balance on that front, it also has a cast of characters that allows to see cases from different angles (patrol, detectives, fire fighters, lawyers, attorneys, metropolitan police). The show does not do some great sociological analysis à la The Wire, but still it adds something. In these later seasons the two main problems are case-flation and a very unfortunate character.

Case-flation is the fact that the show starts with the up and downs of the mundane lives of rookie cops and then in the later seasons it's wall to wall serial killers and gang bosses and covert ops in Guatemala... It's a bit too much and not necessarily more interesting. I mean the last episode of season 5 goes to 11 in the WTF department. The unfortunate character has been mentioned, it's the rookie FBI agent which is apparently the main character of a spin-off? I have a hard time imagining that considering it's one of the most insufferable character to ever grace a TV screen. Luckily, that character only ruins two episodes and then is limited to a couple brief appearances (probably just nods at the other show).

I would only recommend to bored people who are big Nathan Fillon fans (even though they will complain there is not enough Fillion).