The Rookie

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Episode 2: Right...I almost turned it off. Ending kinda made up for it but holy shit...
Episode 3: It is getting worse, the focus doesn't even seem to be on Nolan anymore. You know the reason we watch this show.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Episode 2: Right...I almost turned it off. Ending kinda made up for it but holy shit...
Episode 3: It is getting worse, the focus doesn't even seem to be on Nolan anymore. You know the reason we watch this show.
That black rookie apparently was gonna quit the show after the Floyd shit. They apparently told him that they were going to be addressing all that BLM shit this season so he stayed. This is the new normal for the show and it's pretty irritating. I don't mind an episode here or there, but if this shit is every episode I'm done.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The rest of the viewers are hating this pandering bullshit as well it seems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Now they suddenly made the black cop afraid of cops, and the other white guy being remorseful for his actions from season 1? I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't such a huge departure for their established personalities. Not to mention his mom is written to be the most unlikeable person ever, so now we have almost an entire cast of unlikeable characters. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didn't think much about it at the time, but when the latest episode came out (hulu puts it out on the day of or day after, i'm not sure) i looked at it, moused over it, then just shrugged and decided to cut my losses and move on. I'm going to pretend the show ended with the cops working hand in hand with the people in the ghetto to make it a better place from the ground up.

it's a nice spot where people on both sides sort of had moments of realization that everyone can work together in harmony regardless of race or social standing.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Now they suddenly made the black cop afraid of cops, and the other white guy being remorseful for his actions from season 1? I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't such a huge departure for their established personalities. Not to mention his mom is written to be the most unlikeable person ever, so now we have almost an entire cast of unlikeable characters. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I mean, he was afraid of confrontations and gunfire in previous seasons. That’s not out of character for him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I mean, he was afraid of confrontations and gunfire in previous seasons. That’s not out of character for him. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Took him 1 episode to find his balls, now suddenly he is jumpy black man out for a jog? Not buying it.
Not to mention he grew up around cops his whole life, it is all he wants to be. Wants to impress dad etc. No fucking way he suddenly has PTSD when he sees a police vehicle.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Was two or three, and he’s shown he’s sorta a wuss and scared or nervous with a lot of things so I don’t see why you think this would be out of character for him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In FoH words, West has always been a pussy. So why would that change now?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im not making excuses for anything the shows done. I am however saying west has always been a bitch. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I award you a silver medal for the mental gymnastics necessary to use West generally being a pussy to justify West being scared of cops despite being raised by a cop and wanting to be a cop his entire life.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I award you a silver medal for the mental gymnastics necessary to use West generally being a pussy to justify West being scared of cops despite being raised by a cop and wanting to be a cop his entire life.
Unless I get an official forum medal, it’s all meaningless.

j00t

the only fear west has in regards to cops is whether or not he'll be a good enough cop to make his dad proud.

and it's not that west is a pussy. it was set up pretty well that he absolutely aces the paperwork aspect of policing. he was like best in class at the academy. we've heard the saying that all your plans change as soon as you get punched in the face. in west's situation, all his training fell apart the first time he was getting shot at. you can't really blame the guy even if you don't like him.

but yeah, if he's all of a sudden afraid of police because he's black... well... that's nonsense. that is an absolute left turn for his character that had NOTHING to do with anything they've shown from him prior to this season.

i haven't watched the episode yet and probably never will, but it sounds like it's about as sutble as endgame's "A-Force" shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I had never seen this show before.. Watched all 2 and a bit seasons of it in the last few weeks. Great show, most of the characters are likeable. Officer Smitty is the best obviously.

Season 3 has definitely taken a heavy turn into recent cultural issues as everyone has noticed. I don't have too much of a problem with it as long as this is not the new normal. It's a storyline with Brandon Routh which will probably go half the season, and once it's done hopefully it will be in the rear review mirror. Obviously in reality there are cops like him, and given the last couple of years of noise in this area I don't blame the show for addressing it. The only part I really didn't like is West acting terrified when the patrol car rolled up on him. That was a step too far.

• 1Like

j00t

From what I heard it was the opposite... Well not about pissing someone off... But he was initially very vocal about having a hard time reconciling playing a cop nowadays. So, you instead of addressing it like an adult he just told people he wasn't coming back after season 3. The showrunner was like, listen I would have liked to have done something more than hire a stand in to face away from the camera so we could shoot him in the back, but he made it clear he wasn't coming back at all so there wasn't much we could do.

Anyway, has anyone watched any of this lately? I checked out pretty early last season but if it's stopped being about "cops are bad, mmmkay" then I might just skip season 3