The RPG Thread

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm liking Tales of Zestiria so far. I've only played through basically the intro, but it certainly grabbed me much more than Xilia 1 did on PS3, which I played about 5 minutes of and never touched again
Xillia got better, but the setting and world are bland as fuck. Still, I'll give ToX2 a try. Still mostly playing the utterly fantastic Disgaea 5, but the post-game grind has truly set in, so I'm taking breaks as I progress.

My Thief and my Sage are max level and have about 10-15 million stats each, Metallia about 20 mil. I think Metallia is just about capped on innate stats from stored levels and reincarnation, so I need to start farming extracts and shards, which I will do once I catch up a few more characters. Then LoC item world basically forever.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Zestiria is pretty good so far. I'm maybe 5 hours in? Planned on playing a lot more last night but ended up getting exhausted. I'd say it is pretty slow to start out but once things get rolling it gets much better. The music is great, battle system seems fun even though parts are still unlocking. Ran in to an enemy outside the 1st area that just 1 shotted me so it was pretty lol. Probably try to bump the other thread and keep things consolidated in there.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Really? I'm on PC and the only really small problem I have is the RT button in one specific menu doesn't quite map right. I more think that whole menu section is screwed up, it works fine with keyboard. I mean the textures aren't great at 1440p but otherwise no crashes, slowdowns, or anything.

edit: oh just saw Hodj's reply. Whatever, game looks and runs fine.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I love pc gaming, pc gaming master race all the way.

But people way overreact to stupid shit. 60 fps is important in shooters, open world games, etc. but in JRPGs?

Fucking who gives a shit? 30 fps lock is fine there. But for some reason pc gamers whine like fucking crazy about unnecessary cosmetic dlc and 30 fps in any new game that comes out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to feel like Zestiria is one of the better JRPGs I've played in....quite awhile honestly.

The story isn't totally grating, some of the dialogue is, but it hasn't yet reached some of the inane levels we're used to in the genre the past several years. Combat is nice, the systems all seem decent. Probably the best Tales combat I've seen since Symphonia (just a personal opinion but I like it).

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm starting to feel like Zestiria is one of the better JRPGs I've played in....quite awhile honestly.

The story isn't totally grating, some of the dialogue is, but it hasn't yet reached some of the inane levels we're used to in the genre the past several years. Combat is nice, the systems all seem decent. Probably the best Tales combat I've seen since Symphonia (just a personal opinion but I like it).
Nice to hear. Just booted up and all I know so far is that the menus continue to be the ugliest I know of in the genre =p

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why isn't broadcasting enabled for Tales on Steam? What a pile of dogshit.
Some weird licensing thing. JRPGs have a lot of that shit when they get localized, but they don't block or try to stop twitch streaming so it makes no sense.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They're ooooogly!
I think menu design is really important to JRPGs, considering how much time we spend in menus.

Take this screenshot of a menu in P5's trailer, for example:

rrr_img_113524.jpg

Kinda edgy, but I think I like it.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I think menu design is really important to JRPGs, considering how much time we spend in menus.

Take this screenshot of a menu in P5's trailer, for example:

rrr_img_113524.jpg

Kinda edgy, but I think I like it.
Shit dude. I mean I agree with you 100% that menus are important in JRPG's, but P5 has been at the top of my most wanted list for years now. The menu could have as its background an infinitely looping gif of Jeb Bush giving me a facial and I'd love everything about it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Shit dude. I mean I agree with you 100% that menus are important in JRPG's, but P5 has been at the top of my most wanted list for years now. The menu could have as its background an infinitely looping gif of Jeb Bush giving me a facial and I'd love everything about it.
That can be arranged.