The RPG Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I finally managed to get the lightning dodge thing, for one of the least used characters. Funny thing: the hardest super weapon to get unless you are reading spoilers is by far Yunas. If you miss a destruction treasure in any of the temples (though you -can- sneak around a couple) you get Dark Aions that block your path that are 10x harder than the last boss of the game. Wakka's was just mind numbing because if you have Brother on your team and jecht shot, you literally can only lose if you set the controller down, and even that will result in a tie a lot of the time. I spent a lot of time after making 1 shot just dribbling and passing around to kill time faster. Auron/Rikku are jokes, and Kimarhi's butterfly trial isn't really that hard, just stupid depth perception tricky. Tidus is right on par with Lulu in being physical control aspect difficult as well as largely being RNG, though Lulu you -can- develop timing for the bolts in a specific area that makes it doable just stressful. But Yuna? Either have a guide/ADD or prepare to spend a lot of time grinding to beat the Dark Aeons.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That is one plus for the PC version actually. You can use AutoIT/AutoHotkey to macro the 200 lightning dodges.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Man, Dragon Age 3 has such responsive combat I say to myself as I smash the fuck out of the ground where the enemy was 10 seconds ago.

I give the map designers an A and the systems team a D-.

Physics and movement.. see me after school.

I cooked dinner while afk fighting an Alpha Ogre. The trick is to not engage in combat with your controlled character at all, because he won't heal himself.

EDIT: In fairness, look how long it took DICE to make Frostbyte 3 not suck for their own game.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Grand Kingdom comes to NA on June 21st. Looks pretty fun.

Pricing is wierd, $44.95 if you preorder via PSN or $49.99 req price. Bestbuy is $79.99 wtf!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
hahahaha okay I get all the hate for DA3 now, beyond the usual consolitis butthurt. (fucking inventory...)

I fought the Crestwood dragon, the one that puts an aoe debuff on everyone so you want to spread your party out.

Except... there's no click to move. Even in "tactical" mode. So to spread people out you have to place them one at a time, in real time. And the dragon moves around and does a pull move and generally fucks with that.

Tactical mode does absolutely nothing. It's no better than just hitting pause. You can't issue movement commands, you can't queue orders, nothing. There's no reason for it to exist.

So yeah, ran completely out of potions and finished it off with my near invulnerable cassandra and 2h warrior main, like most of the rest of the HP sponges.

C'mon, man. Other than OP mages and sta starved warriors, DA1 had combat right. How'd they fall so far?

By avoiding shards, picking common herbs, anything resembling a collect quest, and using online resources to sort out the quest marker "zones" the size of Montana, it's still enjoyable. I'm following the main path of each zone and not straying too far from it and still outleveling things.

I can't wait to play all the Witcher 3 DLC on the 1080.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Grand Kingdom is $50 or $60 at Best Buy depending on the edition. The $80 is the big Limited Edition version.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So did anybody look into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? I completely forgot it comes out in 4 days, i pre-ordered it anyway but i'm kinda sad theres no english dubs
frown.png

I just started TW3 which is sick af, but god damn theres TMS coming out in 4 days then 4 days later is SO5... RIP free time!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Grand Kingdom is $50 or $60 at Best Buy depending on the edition. The $80 is the big Limited Edition version.
Was still able to preorder direct from PSN for the 5.00 off. Still looking for info about online mode but add me if you want to battle! Drakonin626

Vorph

I like this guy's reviews for RPGs that come out in Japan long before they are localized. Bear in mind that he's a lot more optimistic about TMS than most people in Japan were though. Plus, while at least it didn't get the full Memehouse treatment, Nintendo did force Atlus to censor the game for the west.

He's got one for SO5 too:

Both look like Gamefly material to me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow that is kind of super depressing about SO5, was looking forward to it. Probably just wait now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm 45 seconds into the #FE video and i already dislike this guys hoity toityness haha, i'll still watch it tho since he seems pretty knowledgable~

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah after hearing some impressions about SO5 I might just wait till it's on sale. #FE just looks like a game confused about what audience they are trying to cater to; certainly not SMT or FE fans.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
SO5 "looks" very pretty and i love the huge party idea, but the fact that he said you just spam one button to max/min the game, doing combos and finese attacks reduces your damage is super lame.
Thinki will pass for now.

Funny though, HLTB has the completionists play time at 695hours lol.

Thanks for the link, in enjoyed this review.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a SO5 interview that suggests they're "looking into" SO5 for PC, so I think I'll just pass on it for now and grab it on PC later on for cheap, or just for cheap on PS4 if it turns out it never releases on PC, if I'm bored enough.

I've seen another #FE review that was fairly positive overall, but yeah it's definitely not a SMT or FE game. The theme makes it hard to grab a lot of audience out of Japan too, since Japan entertainment is so... extreme? Not sure how they ended up making the game like this, it seems like it'd scream "this won't sell well" in the design phase, but eh.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
How do the FF games play with KB and mouse ? Are some better than others using these controls instead of pad ?

Vorph

They all suck pretty much equally without a pad. Even the mobile ports make you scroll through shit with the arrow keys and the mouse does nothing at all. You'd think the mouse would work like touch controls on a phone or tablet, but NOPE. You can rebind the keys, that's it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm gonna get it regardless, just probably won't touch it for awhile. Gonna do TW3 and #FE at the same time, should balance each other out in terms of seriousness/weebness~