The Saga Of Lucimia- Group Based MMO.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He means real time, btw. You need to surround your computer with supplies and a shit bucket, and sleep on a cot in case your camp gets attacked in the night. .

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
20 Years later we're finally entering the age of the NewMUDs. The days where there are enough tools and middleware where almost any development team of any size can attempt to make a game. Back in the 90s you could go to Mudconnector.com and find thousands of MUDs to telnet in to. Find the big ones or the niche ones, and have fun.

I actually am looking forward to all these new MMOs coming out, shitty or otherwise. One might get lucky and be fun to play, or at least tickle my individual pickle.

Kind of exciting.

In a few years, you'll be able to download some kind of software and host an MMO on your computer. All you have to do is build it and use some pre-made asset packs (Unity store has these now, but it's growing faster and faster).
Dood, this post is spot on. We are at the precipice of a new golden age of MMOs history repeats and the industry is ready for some heavy throwback, similar to the throwback RPG's we have everywhere...

Its only a matter of time.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, please!
hell if they had a sprite based version of the old toril mud I played to death back in the day and I would totally play that again. the old mapping program I had to make it more reasonable to play was just a pain to get all the triggers working right.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm intrigued, if only by how a dev could have the balls to create something so niche in this day and age. Will keep my eye on this.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bah they got me with their april fools, good luck to them trying to make it with so many other small dev team games in the same space over the next two years.

I guess I'll read their book now, has to be just as good as the 20,000 year history RA Salvatore made for Curt Schilling right?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
kingdom of amalur reckoning goes on sale for like $5 on steam it was written by him in the same world. It's kinda fun but play on hard.