The Sandman

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Enjoyable enough show. An interesting story well told I thought. The diner episode was probably my favorite, it was delivering a strong message - telegraphed somewhat by the previous (Lucifer) episode.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had not read the comics so had no idea who was/wasn't race/gender swapped. I don't mind slow as long as the story is moving so the pace didnt bother me. Lucifer as a women didnt bother me, I just didnt like her portrayal. Something about her was just off. A Tilda Swinton/Gabriel redux would have been much better. I like Cain and Abel. My eyes almost teared up when they lost Gilbert to Dream. That to me is good writing and acting. Diner was good. The immortal human guy at the tavern bit was good. Overall it was good. Not great by a stretch, but enjoyable watching the story roll on. Too much gay, too much black, all blacks were good. Some of the acting was flat.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
wasn’t 1 black guy a demon? So he wasn’t evil I guess, but his demon was ? But wasn’t the demon black? I’m grasping at straws here, but I think there were 1-2 not perfect colored folk / colored demon

gauze

Molten Core Raider
For woke content, I thought it did pretty well. I mean I kinda went into it expecting a kinda David Bowie, Boy George, and Robert Smith music video amalgamation.. with sprinkles of Reinassance and Romanticism in a 1980s fantasy concept.. and it more or less delivered.

Death was fine, but honestly.. like please can I for once have my wednesday or lydia? It's domino again, where the performance is fine; but I want my pasty white bitch. and genderswapped Constantine didn't really deliver that down-and-out self-deprecating almost nihilistic Constantine that I understand.. not enough 5 o'clock shadow cigarettes n coffee.

I'm pretty sure all the demons were black, aside from maybe the tourguide.. he kinda looked like the one body builder guy akin to the mountain

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Really liked episodes 5 and 6, the diner and tavern ones. The rest, meh.

I also liked the casting of Morphius, the Corinthian, and Death. Could have used more of her. Thought she was a good balance for the dream dude.

Probably not interested enough to watch a season 2. Was just curious, so I pumped this one out to see where it went.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
and genderswapped Constantine didn't really deliver that down-and-out self-deprecating almost nihilistic Constantine that I understand.. not enough 5 o'clock shadow cigarettes n coffee.

This one made the most sense tho, assuming they wanted to keep that character a Constantine. They couldn't use John cause WB owns him still (just like Martian Manhunter didnt help dream find his Ruby), and Joanna is both a descendant and ancestor in the Constantine line from John. I'm happier with her than some dude showing up being named Jim Constantine who clean shaven and vaped or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah this series really went full retard on the woke agenda.

Blatant depiction of white males exclusively being evil. The Corinthian, the collectors, the two guys in the back alley.

The rest of white males were either gay or incompetent, including the sandman himself who apparently doesn't know how to run his kingdom without the wise black woman librarian or understands his purpose (after eons of existence) without the wise guidance of his sister death, also a black woman.

They really went out guns blazing in this one.
Except for the race/gender swaps that pretty much is the story from the comics. Morpheus binds himself to old rules and traditions and is unable to change with the rest of the universe. Gaiman was bleeding edge all in for gays and trannies back in the 90s. Shit, I bet you could trace back a lot of the bullshit about being gender fluid to Sandman, as it was one of the first "mainstream" stories that featured it so prominently.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Don't have time for all your guys spam, but holy shit this shit is gay and globohomo as fuck. I can make it through this because I'm a degenerate warrior, but anyone who likes this is probably equally fag as me, lol.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
This one made the most sense tho, assuming they wanted to keep that character a Constantine. They couldn't use John cause WB owns him still (just like Martian Manhunter didnt help dream find his Ruby), and Joanna is both a descendant and ancestor in the Constantine line from John. I'm happier with her than some dude showing up being named Jim Constantine who clean shaven and vaped or something.
That would definitely be awful, wasn't entirely aware of the WB thing.. I don't feel it was unbearable, and if it were the only option; helps.. I just felt the performance didn't really sell me what I expected out of a John Constantine character.. it definitely felt to me, a weaker thread in the series. The visuals were fine, just maybe like one of those situations where she came off more naggy/whiney.. but I guess I'm sexist or w/e cause I couldn't see it as equal rofl.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
I think Constantine was miscast in the same way Captain Marvel was. Not bad actors, I just don't find the portrayals appealing. I liked the Corinthian more than Constantine, and he's supposed to be a villain.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Constantine was miscast in the same way Captain Marvel was. Not bad actors, I just don't find the portrayals appealing. I liked the Corinthian more than Constantine, and he's supposed to be a villain.
Its the same as Lucifer. Poorly miscast. Lucifer is charismatic. Brienne of Tarth is not exactly the Queen of Charisma. That role juat wasnt for her.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Halfway through the series. I never read the books

Great writing, great storytelling and world building.

It suffers greatly from the Everyone is gay/lesbian disease, but I don't really know how much of the original was changed to accommodate this, but so far there has been an equal number of gay couples vs regular couples.

The best episode so far has been the one with his Sister D. The actress did a great job on the role, she had compassion and a great smile. The whole philosophy and lore of the endless ones and how Death has changed to serve humans was really touching.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

i picked up digital copies of the comics last week, the deluxe vols are cheap (or free if you pirate em). it does feel like a series that is way, way better in actual paper TPB form though, digital just doesn't feel right for a mythical type of story like this.

anyways pretty fun to read and its interesting seeing the differences between the show and the comics, really just a ton of small differences that add up. Lotta fucking comics too.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This bonus cat shit is absurd lol? 👎

Anyway enjoyed the main plot. Best episodes were Cereal Convention and the guy who chose to live forever. Every episode had some good stuff though.

Yeah a few miscasts, but Death, Corinthian, and Lucienne were great. Also grandma's solicitor was like a dude from Downton Abbey. Great to see Tywin Lannister in anything as well. 👍

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

i picked up digital copies of the comics last week, the deluxe vols are cheap (or free if you pirate em). it does feel like a series that is way, way better in actual paper TPB form though, digital just doesn't feel right for a mythical type of story like this.

anyways pretty fun to read and its interesting seeing the differences between the show and the comics, really just a ton of small differences that add up. Lotta fucking comics too.

I bought the absolute editions a few years ago. Zero regrets.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
This bonus cat shit is absurd lol? 👎

Anyway enjoyed the main plot. Best episodes were Cereal Convention and the guy who chose to live forever. Every episode had some good stuff though.

Yeah a few miscasts, but Death, Corinthian, and Lucienne were great. Also grandma's solicitor was like a dude from Downton Abbey. Great to see Tywin Lannister in anything as well. 👍
1000 cats is in the comics, Chekov's gun.