The Secret World

Raign

Golden Squire
The volume of salty tears right now over the lack of character transfers to Legends is quickly turning Agartha into a ocean zone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like how 80% of that article is "IT'S FREE GOD DAMNIT PLAY"

Doesn't reek of desperation at all.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
This game has the best atmosphere and writing of any MMO on the market. If they can keep that intact and fix the shit combat and animations they'll have a near perfect game on their hands. Of course if they were capable of fixing the combat and animations you'd think they would have done so well before now so I'm not holding my breath.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
A new "shared world ARPG" to play based on TSW? Yes please! Signed up for the Beta.

After the shit-show that is Gazillion's literally half-baked revamp of Marvel Heroes, this is great news.

PLEASE BE GOOD!

• 1Like

Sho'nuff

Golden Knight of the Realm
Excited about this. They didn't have the funds to keep the MMO alive, so this is the next best thing. This game had the best dungeons ever and the best storytelling and atmosphere.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm really surprised that they did a full on character wipe. I didn't expect that. I expected them to announce a straight server closure.

All in all, this is a lot nicer than just shutting the server off. I looked over at the offic forums too and the salt is Trump level proportions.

The most fucked up thing that they're doing, I think, is pushing it all onto steam. It's mostly Europeans that play that game, and Steam isn't as widely adopted. So that's kind of a real fuck you to their primary playerbase.

I don't really mind that they're getting rid of tab targeting but it's gay as fuck that they're locking you into that horrible freelook mode that they had.

I mean there's not a lot else they could have done. It's been kinda obvious for over 6 months that TSW was dead in the water. It's unfortunate... but all in all this is a better end than COH got.

I want my fucking COX-emu already. God damn it, I'd play that.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it really that difficult to download Steam for an online game? How is that the most fucked up thing about this? Takes a couple minutes and you're all set.

Malkav

French Madman
It's mostly Europeans that play that game, and Steam isn't as widely adopted. So that's kind of a real fuck you to their primary playerbase.

What the fuck is this bullshit? Steam is widely adopted here. You thinking Europe is stuck 15 years in the past or what?

• 1Salty

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not playing one game through the steam version doesn't mean people don't have steam to be able to play it... I don't play path of exile through steam but I definitely have steam and would if it became mandatory...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they actually managed to make combat animations more fluid, I'll play it again, but I think they won't touch the actual animations at all, just mess with cooldowns / skill effects.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think they are reworking animations.

They aren't ripping out the flash though. So the client is still gonna be a janky mess.

Really it sounds like a minor facelift. The bulk of their investment I expect is in the animation work.

They just pushed Conan. So they do have a few animators sitting around that were in need of meat.