The Secret World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really agree with just about everything the author of that article says. All excellent changes. Looking forward to relaunch. If that many people from here are up for it, hell - lets hit it up as a group. (granted that new pay wall isnt ridiculous)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSW still remains one of the best MMOs I've ever played. IMO, the main thing I wish they would've worked on are the animations. I think the animations really hold this game back. Combat was fun enough, I like having different builds for every type of content I did. Can't wait for the relaunch. Hell I might just pop in and finish Japan. Are they adding any new stories and quests with relaunch? Sorry if it was in the article and I missed it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSW still remains one of the best MMOs I've ever played. IMO, the main thing I wish they would've worked on are the animations. I think the animations really hold this game back. Combat was fun enough, I like having different builds for every type of content I did. Can't wait for the relaunch. Hell I might just pop in and finish Japan. Are they adding any new stories and quests with relaunch? Sorry if it was in the article and I missed it.
One of the major things holding this game back at launch was the shit end game. They are doing the relaunch with the same end game. I predict this game fails as much as the first. It's too bad honestly. I love the genre and at launch I think they hit about 80% of what they needed to do to win over the MMO industry.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmmm from looking at the leaks on the Reddit (which are obviously very early and premature ideas) it looks like they are monkey significantly with the base skill system. This is very risky as one of the genius aspects of the whole deal was the complex interweaving of synergistic abilities that existed within the game.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh they've retooled THE SHIT out of it.

But tbh they needed to. About 60% of the skill wheel was filler and 95% of the Aug wheel was.

Are they sticking to the one account one character thing? That would stop me from playing. I bought GM a few years ago but gave the account to my brother when I quit. And he played it off and on.

Maybe more slots will be a patron thing, but I've got a feeling they'll be straight cash shop micro.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Maybe they'll ditch that stupid as fuck shield system that came out with Tokyo. Love love love TSW but that shield system was retarded to the max.

iannis

Musty Nester
Aegis was a somewhat clever way to inhibit mudlfation. It was a gear reset without being a gear reset. The problem is, clever as it is, it only works once. And they hit the point where they were going to have to do it again.

Supposedly aegis will still be in Kaidan. They're taking some extra time to release kaidan because it has to be integrated into the new whatever they're doing. So I really don't expect them to ditch it, but MAYBE they'll do something about the way that it grinds up. They're putting gear levels directly onto gear anyway and that's all that aegis was. To be fair though it was fairly well balanced. .4 aegis made all of the solo kaidan content pretty much trivial, and you could get 1.4 solo, easily, off basic story missions. .9 made outdoor kaidan faceroll, and you could even get that solo with a little more time investment.

It really looks like they're making the game console controller friendly to me. The new scheme just looks tailored for a stick instead of a keypad. I've skimmed the devstreams. They take 60 minutes to deliver about 5 minutes worth of actual information. I doubt TSW gets pushed to any console. I bet this is just practice. Their next project I bet is a console project.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The original TSW nightmare modes were super fun and some of the best dungeons in any MMO to date imo. Making people have to pass the idiot check in order to do heroics or whatever was awesome as well.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The original TSW nightmare modes were super fun and some of the best dungeons in any MMO to date imo. Making people have to pass the idiot check in order to do heroics or whatever was awesome as well.

The Facility was unlike any dungeon I've seen in any MMO ever. Don't think a single fight in there used the trinity

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Gatekeeper was a really great idea.

I wish they'd let you redo him. I made an alt to see a different storyline and did gatekeeper in 10.0 blues. Even that was slightly overgeared, and even knowing exactly what to expect he was still actually sort of hard.

He would have been a better parsing dummy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About the same time as FFXIV expansion?

Maybe not really the smartest move.
AS a Final Fantasy sometimes player I am playing the FF expansion before this. I was sort of excited for this too. It's not going to be any good though. It's literally the game at release with a different skill system (possibly). Nothing that has been added since release is coming out when this relaunches.

Where is this 'stellar storytelling' he is blabbing about?

one of the biggest turn offs to new folks was how overwhelming the wheel was, so making things simpler and less confusing was the team’s goal

This is why we can't have nice things.

One reason for this change was because of an inherent flaw that came with the completely open choose-whatever-I-want system. Amiel explained that there were many instances where, in choosing to spend their ability and skill points in certain ways, some players actually seriously hampered their ability to play.

Games industry: Pandering to trash players since 2000.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was no cap on points. If you didn't like what you picked, pick something else. Though the devs should have been working to make better the shit skills. It's not the players fault that a skill sounds awesome but in actuality is retarded.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
game should have launched with the starter decks option instead of just the full ones. I went with an illuminati tank build from the get go and the early skills that were available were pretty shitty so I had to go off book almost instantly which made the game a lot more fun for me but my friends had similar situations with other factions' early deck skills and just gave up