The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Moved my mother in a couple years back, and she's retired now. She's bored as fuck and daily I drop her off at a thrift store, some used furniture place etc.

Pouring rain like a mofo here in Boston remnants of the hurricane, so I go to meet my mother at the door with an umbrella, and get a peek inside this one shop. I needed a table for my bedroom that would fit right under the TV hanging on the wall. Lo' and Behold! There is damn near the exact table I imagined I wanted right at the door. On top of that, I go into this dusty ass place a little deeper and the owner has these beautiful statues also! I snagged those fuckers too! Whole haul was 40 bucks! She thought the table was broken and needed wood glue. The table is notch and groove! Told her I can "fix" that just knock a few bucks off. I had the plate already.

I might start going into these joints with ma dukes...

Table and Statues.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Moved my mother in a couple years back, and she's retired now. She's bored as fuck and daily I drop her off at a thrift store, some used furniture place etc.

Pouring rain like a mofo here in Boston remnants of the hurricane, so I go to meet my mother at the door with an umbrella, and get a peek inside this one shop. I needed a table for my bedroom that would fit right under the TV hanging on the wall. Lo' and Behold! There is damn near the exact table I imagined I wanted right at the door. On top of that, I go into this dusty ass place a little deeper and the owner has these beautiful statues also! I snagged those fuckers too! Whole haul was 40 bucks! She thought the table was broken and needed wood glue. The table is notch and groove! Told her I can "fix" that just knock a few bucks off. I had the plate already.

View attachment 176321
that's pretty asian'y

they look like foo dogs
a-pair-of-brass-foo-dogs-temple-lions-11-inch-12.gif

guardian dogs (acutally lions) that guard the entrance to a temple. those they don't look very dog or lion like and they don't have the essential ball.

table looks pretty asian too.

855135.jpg

but more faux asian, i guess

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
that's pretty asian'y

they look like foo dogs
a-pair-of-brass-foo-dogs-temple-lions-11-inch-12.gif

guardian dogs (acutally lions) that guard the entrance to a temple. those they don't look very dog or lion like and they don't have the essential ball.

table looks pretty asian too.

855135.jpg

but more faux asian, i guess

Mutha fucka I didn't say I got some Ming Dynasty shit outta this bitches store. I'm happy to get a damn table!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 176321

Nice setup. I like the style of the table...and obviously love the statues. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well it's that time again, a new member of the Court of the Dead just arrived.

Mortighul: Risen Reaper General

This is the last for 2018 unless something I have on pre-order ships early.

Mortighul3.JPG
Mortighul2.JPG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Statue looks great. Wish I could let myself spend that kind of money on those kinds of things.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Statue looks great. Wish I could let myself spend that kind of money on those kinds of things.

I wish I could stop myself from spending that kind of money on those kinds of things.

I'll die broke, but will be surrounded by nice statues. :)

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 176321
it looks real nice.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Been talking to Mr dealz spronk spronk trying to get my 4k collection up and running. I snagged a few 4k titles in September and today and I am happy.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm not a fan of cleaning the floor of my shower stall. It's always discolored, and all the scrubbing in the world doesn't solve the problem. So I've done a lot of research, and this seems like a pretty good product to use. So from now on, I'll take a shower, then once every other week (after taking the shower so the floor gets saturated), I'll sprinkle this on before drying myself off.)

The next step comes after I finish drying off and brushing my teeth. Getting down on my hands and knees to scrub is a real pain in the ass. And even if this new powder cleaner is a miracle cure, I'm still going to need to scrub. So I was looking for a new hard bristle scrub brush, and I stumbled across this genius invention. Holy shit, why didn't I think of it? This is awesome. It'll do a much better job of me just trying to scrub by hand, and I can put a lot of weight on the drill while holding the trigger and REALLY clean the shower.

I'll let you know how it works when it comes in. Probably some time next week. (Hawaii doesn't follow the 2 day prime thing)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not a fan of cleaning the floor of my shower stall. It's always discolored, and all the scrubbing in the world doesn't solve the problem. So I've done a lot of research, and this seems like a pretty good product to use. So from now on, I'll take a shower, then once every other week (after taking the shower so the floor gets saturated), I'll sprinkle this on before drying myself off.)

The next step comes after I finish drying off and brushing my teeth. Getting down on my hands and knees to scrub is a real pain in the ass. And even if this new powder cleaner is a miracle cure, I'm still going to need to scrub. So I was looking for a new hard bristle scrub brush, and I stumbled across this genius invention. Holy shit, why didn't I think of it? This is awesome. It'll do a much better job of me just trying to scrub by hand, and I can put a lot of weight on the drill while holding the trigger and REALLY clean the shower.

I'll let you know how it works when it comes in. Probably some time next week. (Hawaii doesn't follow the 2 day prime thing)
go slow, if you use drill setting you end up stripping the caulk, heh.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just installed hurricane shutters on my house, which gave me an excuse to buy a good rotary hammer(my old hammer drill was a pos):

• 1Like