The "Shit I just bought" thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nah man, out of stock everywhere. Just buying whatever is available :/

oof ya, i've been watching, so glad I did my home gym as soon as this shit went down when I quit my gym. they are a cheaper option, but keep an eye on american barbell bumper plates, i've seen them get stock much more than rogue or rep although they are still weeks behind processing orders.

I sit here and look at my plates and ironmaster dumbell set (had those for years) and have a really fucking hard time not selling that shit and quadrupling my money, but then I'd have no gym :(

edit: link - add this to your check list Weights – American Barbell

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wish I had room for a home gym. The gym closing was probably the worst part of this whole thing for me(covid).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
oof ya, i've been watching, so glad I did my home gym as soon as this shit went down when I quit my gym. they are a cheaper option, but keep an eye on american barbell bumper plates, i've seen them get stock much more than rogue or rep although they are still weeks behind processing orders.

I sit here and look at my plates and ironmaster dumbell set (had those for years) and have a really fucking hard time not selling that shit and quadrupling my money, but then I'd have no gym :(

edit: link - add this to your check list Weights – American Barbell
Thanks I'll add them. I'm gonna hit up our gym equipment store this week and see if they have a line on anything too.

Really just need a pair of 10-25-35-45 plates. Buy more later as needed

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks I'll add them. I'm gonna hit up our gym equipment store this week and see if they have a line on anything too.

Really just need a pair of 10-25-35-45 plates. Buy more later as needed

I was going to try to buy some to resell so I called my local gym equipment place and the dude sounded like some shellshocked soldier from ww2 with how slammed they'd been. He actually said it was a rare moment he even answered the phone and that they get plates every other thursday. The catch is they had no idea how many they would get (could be as little as a few 45s or something) and there was always a line of like 50 people when they opened on plate arrival days. They were selling bumpers at a 1.50 / lb still, like crazy people, and they are selling on facebook/craiglist around here for around 4.00 / lb. I told him he needed to up his prices but he thought it would be gouging. Brah you aren't selling water or medicine, gouge away.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ordered a cold brewer for my coffee. Excited, since cold brewed is so superior

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a nitro system just for coffee. It's a tough call though because then I would probably explode my heart with caffeine by drinking an entire keg a day.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ordered a cold brewer for my coffee. Excited, since cold brewed is so superior
are you thinking of doing nitro? i can give you a primer if you like

Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Home Keg Kit System
fd88ac818aaac52622850aca3dccda1e.png

it's similar to what i have currently (honestly i think they're all the same you find it rebranded on amazon)

nitro really changes cold brew, in effect it's actually healthier cuz my wife and i don't even use any types of sugar cuz of the "sweet" nitro taste

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
royalbeer-produkt-pilsner.png

Royal brew....better have danish beer in it or I’m calling you guys faggots.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Over 30C indoors in the house prompted an impulse buy of a portable AC. Hope it improves the temperature a little. Anyone use/used these kinds of ACs?

SmartSelect_20200626-183515_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Over 30C indoors in the house prompted an impulse buy of a portable AC. Hope it improves the temperature a little. Anyone use/used these kinds of ACs?

View attachment 280738

I have a portable in my apartment because my windows are weird and I can't put a window unit in. It's definitely not as good as the window unit I had and louder to boot. Once it gets in to the mid 80's it can no longer keep up, but it's better than nothing.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
royalbeer-produkt-pilsner.png

Royal brew....better have danish beer in it or I’m calling you guys faggots.
Whoa! Careful, man. Aren't you in Europe? You could serve time for typing faggot on the internet!

AFK: Shooting rioters.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

View attachment 280738

Had one when I rented. Windows slid sideways. It worked fine. Not as good as a good window unit though. I just HATED emptying that damn water out every couple hours.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had one when I rented. Windows slid sideways. It worked fine. Not as good as a good window unit though. I just HATED emptying that damn water out every couple hours.
Yea I imagine the window units works a lot better. But we just dont have the kind of windows you have in the US. They all open like doors do, no idea why the sliding upwards never took hold here. Maybe people kept falling out of them. :eek:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
After 4 years or so, my Roomba is pretty damn tired and the side-sweep brush finally broke on it. It still runs, but doesn't do a good job of getting dog hair away from the walls anymore. I've really liked this thing and have been really happy with it.

Just bought a new Roomba 960 because I wanted something quieter and something that had an app. Very happy with it after the first day of letting it run. Going to let this thing handle most of the house and lock the old one in the master bedroom + bathroom.
I am too cheap to get a roomba but I do have this and it works just fine:

Love my Roomba(s). I have an older model downstairs that covers must of the tile and a new wifi model upstairs. Great Black Friday buys if you can get them at a great price. THey do need some love and care to keep them going, but a great invention next to sliced bread. May I also recommend the Bissell Crosswave for tile and wood floors w/vacum.
A friend just upgraded from a Roomba to one of those Roborock S5's. Thing is fucking badass. Can't justify it being in a townhome, but then I see the dogs shedded hair everywhere a day after vacuuming..

Need your help, gentlemen.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After searching for two months I finally found a place in Michigan with a mountain bike in stock. Took it out today after putting a different seat on it. In all after a holder for my cell phone as well I’m into it for about $800.

I’m in the process is losing weight, down 30lbs so far. As a fat guy today was my first bike ride in over a decade and I went almost 12 miles in it. Rides smooth, liking it so far.

1464E2BD-24F9-4F0C-9623-7C259795744C.jpeg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Congrats, biking is a wonderful way to lose weight, get some vitamin D/Serotonin and be outside.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Buying a used popup camper tomorrow, getting a pretty damn good deal on it. Pretty excited.

• 2Like