Trakanon Raider
It's level, my yard is slanted

Screen_Shot_2017-05-03_at_12.14.21_PM.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
After 4 years or so, my Roomba is pretty damn tired and the side-sweep brush finally broke on it. It still runs, but doesn't do a good job of getting dog hair away from the walls anymore. I've really liked this thing and have been really happy with it.

Just bought a new Roomba 960 because I wanted something quieter and something that had an app. Very happy with it after the first day of letting it run. Going to let this thing handle most of the house and lock the old one in the master bedroom + bathroom.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
After 4 years or so, my Roomba is pretty damn tired and the side-sweep brush finally broke on it. It still runs, but doesn't do a good job of getting dog hair away from the walls anymore. I've really liked this thing and have been really happy with it.

Just bought a new Roomba 960 because I wanted something quieter and something that had an app. Very happy with it after the first day of letting it run. Going to let this thing handle most of the house and lock the old one in the master bedroom + bathroom.
With consideration to dog hair how often do you have to empty it?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

You can order replacement brushes.

We have one that we don't use nearly enough, that said I've thought about getting a second to cover the 'other' half of the house.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You can order replacement brushes.

We have one that we don't use nearly enough, that said I've thought about getting a second to cover the 'other' half of the house.
I know. It's the whole module that went out, and the entire roomba is just tired and loud. I wanted an upgrade.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am too cheap to get a roomba but I do have this and it works just fine:

• 1Like

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Love my Roomba(s). I have an older model downstairs that covers must of the tile and a new wifi model upstairs. Great Black Friday buys if you can get them at a great price. THey do need some love and care to keep them going, but a great invention next to sliced bread. May I also recommend the Bissell Crosswave for tile and wood floors w/vacum.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A friend just upgraded from a Roomba to one of those Roborock S5's. Thing is fucking badass. Can't justify it being in a townhome, but then I see the dogs shedded hair everywhere a day after vacuuming..

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

A few weeks in and this 960 is awesome. Picks dog hair up from the living room rug as good as the stand up vacuum.

I saw that iRobot has a lawn mower that hasn't been released yet, but others exist. Anyone have experience with those?

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw that iRobot has a lawn mower that hasn't been released yet, but others exist. Anyone have experience with those?

My neighbors had one rented for about a year. When it was working, they still had to mow and weed whack once a week or so to get the spots it would miss and even the grass out. By the end of last season it seemed like it was out for maintenance every couple weeks. They got rid of it, but they’re stuck with the door they had to install in their fence.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A few weeks in and this 960 is awesome. Picks dog hair up from the living room rug as good as the stand up vacuum.

i've been looking at the reviews, seems like the worx robo is better overall, designed

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
i've been looking at the reviews, seems like the worx robo is better overall, designed
The iRobot one looks awesome because it doesn't require any kind of wire or anything. The yard I'd want to put it in is a big rectangle with 3 sides going right up to the fence. The house side had some decorative...uh.....flourishes, but pretty damn simple overall.

I don't mind mowing at all, but fresh cut grass every other day sounds pretty awesome if it works even half as good as the vacuums.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My neighbors had one rented for about a year. When it was working, they still had to mow and weed whack once a week or so to get the spots it would miss and even the grass out. By the end of last season it seemed like it was out for maintenance every couple weeks. They got rid of it, but they’re stuck with the door they had to install in their fence.
I'm afraid of being an early adopter because of stuff like this, but I completely wrote off the roombas when they first came out and was surprised a couple years later.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm afraid of being an early adopter because of stuff like this, but I completely wrote off the roombas when they first came out and was surprised a couple years later.

If you do get one, make sure you can lift it. That thing went off the curb at least once a week.

He had a Robomow.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol I am more worried about taking off some kids foot and getting sued.