The "Shit I just bought" thread

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Bruh I'm looking for some 2020 tech shit, not some 2018 dinosaur shit
What about some drone system with mower blade on there? Gotta be some code you can hook up to have it float around and mow grass and chop up squirrels or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
20200802_153325.jpg

Lol $3,400. Thanks Husqvarna

And its anti-theft so it must have a tesla coil on there too for the crack heads.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Toaster's are impossible to clean.

You think that Crumb tray is removing all the crap that's gotten caked in there over the last X years?

Since I moved out of my parents 15 years ago, I had a simple Oyster, and as far as toasting went, it worked.

Eventually I wanted to get something a little better, so I made the mistake of ponying up for a Cusinart, which worked worse in everyway.

The other week, after severely burning my toast, I took the thing down, and found it was filled with burnt up crap.

Trying to clean it was a nightmare, ended up submerging the thing (yeah I stuck a toaster in water), and took a nozzle to it, let it dry for several days, and did a function test to ensure it wouldn't short, or arc.

It actually worked, and seemed to improve the toaster's quality.

However, it wasn't worth the effort.

There are a lot of toaster options on the market, and 99% of them are functionally the same.

Looking old school 1920 referbs, looking at glass walled toasters, looking at expensive Japanese single toast steamer This Japanese Toaster Costs $270. It Only Makes One Slice at a Time

But all I really wanted was a somewhat reasonably priced toaster, that I could clean without creating a fire hazard.

So far, I will say that it seems to under toast, but I'd rather it under toast, then over toast.

I am in love with my Cuisinart toaster oven. Haven't hardly turned on my big oven since I got it. In addition to about 100 other things, it makes perfect toast, up to 6 slices at a time, and the whole floor of it slides out so you can clean it in 10 seconds.

For some reason the price has gone up. It was $185 when I bought it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I probably use my cuisinart toaster oven at least every other day, been going strong for 4 years now and cooks/toasts great. Only thing I use my regular oven for now is anything too big to fit in the cuisinart or actual baking like cookies and pies

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I was considering a Toaster Oven over a Toaster, but I enjoy having a stand alone Toaster.

My gripes with the Seren are it beeps to much, the way it holds bread can lead to touching the hot metal, and it doesn't quite toast as well as it should.

But its much better to clean.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am in love with my Cuisinart toaster oven. Haven't hardly turned on my big oven since I got it. In addition to about 100 other things, it makes perfect toast, up to 6 slices at a time, and the whole floor of it slides out so you can clean it in 10 seconds.

For some reason the price has gone up. It was $185 when I bought it.
it's cuisinart so it also gets the

"yea fuck, you look good enough to stay out on the countertop"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
someone go buy a robot mower and let me know what you think ASAP. I gotta make a mower decision in 2 weeks. Araysar Araysar

Or Foler Foler , you impulsive, trust fund bastard!
Ok first off, I drive an 11 year old truck and currently live in an apartment. How could I be a trust fund kid? 🤷‍♂️

Second off - its funny you mention this because i was looking at them last week. If you follow the home improvement thread I have about 18 acres with a house on it (i don't own it :smuggly:) and it's usually mowed once a year. I'm moving out there and the idea of an autonomous lawn mower just seems amazing. I briefly looked into it and I just don't think they could handle it. The property isn't always level, has gopher tortoise holes here and there, has tree branches fall every storm, etc. I'm just skeptical that even a husqvarna pro awd model wouldn't have issues and for their price I could buy a ride on mower that could probably run over small branches and still have beer money left over.

That being said. You are correct in your assessment that I'm impulsive. Im working on it! What models are you currently looking at and what's your reasoning for getting one? I could see it being worth it if a cheaper model can pull off the job.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ok first off, I drive an 11 year old truck and currently live in an apartment. How could I be a trust fund kid? 🤷‍♂️

Second off - its funny you mention this because i was looking at them last week. If you follow the home improvement thread I have about 18 acres with a house on it (i don't own it :smuggly:) and it's usually mowed once a year. I'm moving out there and the idea of an autonomous lawn mower just seems amazing. I briefly looked into it and I just don't think they could handle it. The property isn't always level, has gopher tortoise holes here and there, has tree branches fall every storm, etc. I'm just skeptical that even a husqvarna pro awd model wouldn't have issues and for their price I could buy a ride on mower that could probably run over small branches and still have beer money left over.

That being said. You are correct in your assessment that I'm impulsive. Im working on it! What models are you currently looking at and what's your reasoning for getting one? I could see it being worth it if a cheaper model can pull off the job.

Do you rent a 2nd apartment for your boat then?

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!

I used one of these at my cabin. I rented it for a few days. It wrecked shit. I cleared a 1/2 acre of dense northern Minnesota land without issue. It obliterated stuff. I recommend this for the Foler Foler property.

• 1Weird Boner

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

I used one of these at my cabin. I rented it for a few days. It wrecked shit. I cleared a 1/2 acre of dense northern Minnesota land without issue. It obliterated stuff. I recommend this for the Foler Foler property.
Love it. I wish.

Fucker

Log Wizard
A little Canon M50 w/Sigma 30mm 1.4 to replace my POS Nikon glovebox camera. $700 shipped. Nikon has absolutely potato AF performance. My old Nikon 35mm AF blows it into the weeds by a huge margin.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Got my wife a nespresso machine for having our baby - i'm fucking kicking myself for not getting one years ago

went with the vertuoplus that came with the aeroccino 3 milk frother - it's such an insane step up from k-cups and cheap brew coffee

my buddy has a 3k auto expresso/coffee machine (one of the hard core ones) and while it's better, the nespresso comes pretty dang close especially with what you can do with the separate frother

• 1Like