The "Shit I just bought" thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Buying LEGO's cheap as fuck off eBay, so that I can build them with my son. LEGO collectors can be heard screaming at the atrocity of opening a LEGO box, and not keeping it sealed on a shelf in my Mom's basement, but fuck it, LEGO's are fun!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Buying LEGO's cheap as fuck off eBay, so that I can build them with my son. LEGO collectors can be heard screaming at the atrocity of opening a LEGO box, and not keeping it sealed on a shelf in my Mom's basement, but fuck it, LEGO's are fun!
With your son

Surrrreeee

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

My nephew just got a "Lego City" set for his birthday yesterday.
The entire set is just cops & criminals. I told him "this is a good example of why cities are terrible places full of terrible people" and his grandma stared daggers at me. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

With your son

Surrrreeee
Been building a set with him for the last couple of weeks. We do like a bag a night, and I realized that I really enjoy the smaller sets instead of the complexity or realism of some of the insane $300 sets. Like I've got a city building one where there's cool looking pool table inside, and dartboard on the wall, then an office with papers on the desk, shit like that. It was ok to build, but honestly got tired of it and just finished it to finish it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just bought this bad boy.
Hoan The Original Bagel Guillotine Universal Slicer, 9.25-Inch, Red Extreme laziness for my Costco everything bagels.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hoan The Original Bagel Guillotine Universal Slicer, 9.25-Inch, Red Extreme laziness for my Costco everything bagels.

That looks dangerous if it ends up in the wrong hands...

• 2Worf

Xerge

<Donor>

holy fuck ive been cutting my bagels like a newbie my whole life

• 2Like

Crone

Lanx Lanx What food sealer is the best to use for Sous Vide and food storage/freezing? Want it mainly for the sous vide though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx What food sealer is the best to use for Sous Vide and food storage/freezing? Want it mainly for the sous vide though.
theyre all basically the same, some features you might want to look out for are
size
most brands are wide to accept the 13in size, food saver still comes out with smaller 8in and 13in models
the canister/wine accessory port is nice to have, if youre gonna get a food sealer, the option to seal your wine or other items is nice
a20af2fb294096e6211fa5f75e8ac977.jpg

then it'll just be the extras like moist setting, etc
a nice basic model is this
2ba11c564d399fecf6fc75bc75e104f6.png

GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine
it's wide, has the canister port, don't look ugly. one bonus it has is that you can separate the top from the bottom of the machine to clean it, this is nice in case you suck up a lot of liquids, etc.
if you don't need it right away, you'd find deals soons for black friday/cyber monday, but thats a good starting point. if you want to pay more you probably get a nicer looking unit and a place to store the rolled bags, etc.

in contrast my current sealer is this
262a636f58c770d50ba8458546e887aa.png

it doesn't have an accessory port for the canister so i still have to keep my old foodsaver around when i use it. it's thin and slim enough that i don't mind keeping it out on the countertop (space is premium) and its also not ugly matches w/ my countertop. it was basically free w/ my anova last year and really the only thing i hate about it is the lack of the canister port.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Finally getting my new quad. Didn't have time to pick it up today before they closed, so I have to wait until Friday.

Polaris Sportsman 570. I wanted engine braking and no power steering but they both come together in the same package so I'll be curious how the power steering is.

P570.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Power steering is one of those things that you don't know you need until you have it. We have several with it and the last one I bought I got a deal on because it was the previous years model and had no power steering. I didn't think I cared but I notice the lack of it pretty often and some of the less muscular folks around here really don't like the one without it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I personally don't like power steering on 4 wheelers. I dunno, I'm probably weird, but I feel like it gives me less of a feel for the trails or terrain I'm on. I dunno if that describes it properly, but I realize I'm probably the minority in this for those that ride these.

I bought a recliner yesterday. It wont be here for almost a month. :(

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
KEF Q150B Q150 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black)
Been looking to replace my Jamo towers in the living room, they are just tall and take up space and I needed to clean up some stuff. Wanted to go for a bookshelf speaker this round. The Q350 was appealing too but they were just a little too big for my shelf and I don’t particularly want speaker stands. Also didn’t feel like the whole tower was necessary with the SVS PB-1000. So now am going to go 2.1 for a while and drop the center. My room isn’t conducive to any sort of audiophile set up anyway.

Loving these out of the box. Sound is bright and alive. Doesn’t feel like it throws a lot at you so maybe isn’t as “big” as the Jamo, but I do like the sound of the mid/high. $300 seemed like a nice price point and still wish I could demo the Q350s to compare. $500 was about my price point and there seems to be a ton of quality in this space. Was hard to decide.

Also went with walnut because I’m over everything being piano black or matte black. White looked cool also but look very nice.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Friends, Romans, you ugly pricks, lend me your ears.

My search for the holy grail of mice may be over! And it only costs 24 bucks!

I present the dun dun duuuuuun!

EUASOO Mouse Mice Z-7900!! Clearly named by mutha fuckers that don't speak English.

Lets run thru all the shit that matters.

• 3K+ DPI? Check!
  • At least 3 REACHABLE thumb buttons? Check!
  • Index finger button near left click? Check!
  • At least 5 profiles? Barely. But check!
  • Omicron switches on all the buttons? Check!
  • Weight adjustment? Check!
  • Easy to use software with easy macro capability? Check Check!! That's two checks!
  • Non slip gun metal grip, so you can grab that mutha fucker like Thor's hammer? Check!
  • 1K polling? Check!
  • Glides smooth as a baby ass over my mouse pad? Check!
  • Pretty lights to get the panties dropped when bitches see my new mouse? Check!
  • Didn't need to put lambs blood over my door to purchase? Check!
So as you can see...It pretty much fits the bill for everything I need. My ONLY gripe is that it isn't an RGB mouse. 5 colors for the 5 profiles. And the profile light stays blue no matter what. I will let THAT slide though.

The biggest thing is the grip. You can grip this fucka like bitches do my dick at the club. And just like my dick, it's begging to be gripped! No, really, it absolutely has the best texture of any mouse I have purchased. This should be the defacto paint jobs on all mice.

The 5 thumb buttons, three are EASILY reached. 1 is useless and one you need to adjust a bit, but reachable.

Software is easy as fuck to use. It has everything you want, and is user friendly.

I would have easily paid 75 bucks for this mouse. So I just bought two more. Just in case this company goes outta business.

Picture attached. As you can see even Reinhardt is admiring this beauty.

View attachment 153503

I will honestly give this a 9/10.

More importantly it's...

View attachment 153504

Quoting myself is gay I know. Wanted to point out that this mouse now comes in a 10,000 DPI version. Was 16 bucks. Snagged two. They do come from somewhere in Asia though. Took 3 weeks to reach me. Also an Amazon link. Little bit higher price.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quoting myself is gay I know. Wanted to point out that this mouse now comes in a 10,000 DPI version. Was 16 bucks. Snagged two. They do come from somewhere in Asia though. Took 3 weeks to reach me. Also an Amazon link. Little bit higher price.

Going to take something truly amazing to ever pull myself away from my Logitech pro mouse and charging mouse pad.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I love this mouse. Still using it from the last time you recommended it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity