The "Shit I just bought" thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
oh also most modern tvs come w/ usb ports anyway, so you could probably get away w/ powering it from that usb port since it's such a low voltage, imo.
Old house. I think I can find a power outlet...
Screenshot_20220308-200032_Gallery.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Nah bro, the whole reason I want that is so I can watch TV with headphones after everyone else goes to bed. Half the reason I like Narcos for my "quiet time" is because its all in subtitles. I can't fucking hear anything else.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't posted statues in close to 3 years now. Price hike, slowdown in Sideshow's Court of the Dead series(which is what I was primarily collecting) made it so that I became a bit more picky, then COVID hit and made my job security a bit iffy, I decided to stop altogether until things stabilized. They have. :)

So these 2 new statues are from XM Studios, my first from them and I am impressed, the packaging is spectacular I don't see how they can get damaged short of being crushed.

These are the first two they made from their Magic The Gathering line, Chandra Nalaar and Lilianna Vess. I'm not really a MTG player but these statues fell totally within my personal taste for stuff like this. So here they are...

Chandra Nalaar with Brown Hair.
Chandra Brown Hair.jpg

Chandra Nalaar with Red Fiery Hair
Chandra Red Hair.jpg

Liliana Vess with Veil
Liliana Veil.jpg

Lilianna Vess without the veil, but veil is on her belt instead.
Liliana No Veil.jpg

And both of them side by side the way I am displaying them for now which Chandra with Fiery Red Hair and Lilianna Vess without her Veil
Chandra_Liliana Red Hair.jpg

Happy to be back into collecting again. :)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't posted statues in close to 3 years now. Price hike, slowdown in Sideshow's Court of the Dead series(which is what I was primarily collecting) made it so that I became a bit more picky, then COVID hit and made my job security a bit iffy, I decided to stop altogether until things stabilized. They have. :)

So these 2 new statues are from XM Studios, my first from them and I am impressed, the packaging is spectacular I don't see how they can get damaged short of being crushed.

These are the first two they made from their Magic The Gathering line, Chandra Nalaar and Lilianna Vess. I'm not really a MTG player but these statues fell totally within my personal taste for stuff like this. So here they are...

View attachment 404075

View attachment 404076

Liliana Vess with Veil
View attachment 404077

View attachment 404081

And both of them side by side the way I am displaying them for now which Chandra with Fiery Red Hair and Lilianna Vess without her Veil
View attachment 404082

i think the brown hair model looks better

either way, maybe stash the unused head away, that gives me the creeps

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
i think the brown hair model looks better

either way, maybe stash the unused head away, that gives me the creeps

I will eventually, I keep it there for now because for next few days I’ll keep switching them until I’m fixed on what I think is the best way to display them, then it goes into my accessories drawer since a lot of statues have options and I keep all extra parts in there for easy access. I tend to change some every year or so.

Sorry for giving you the creeps. ;)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

View attachment 404075

View attachment 404076

Liliana Vess with Veil
View attachment 404077

View attachment 404081

View attachment 404082

When you look at these, do you mutter catchphrases and magic noises and stuff?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx have you used anything like this before?

My office desk is against a wall where the ceiling comes down and the only source of light is an overhead fan that is in the center of the room. There's just not enough light in this room especially at this desk where my two personal monitors are and my work monitor.

Was thinking of something like this to provide some light on the desk that isn't just "monitor" light.

Or maybe another alternative that I haven't considered if anyone can think of something.

Something like this may work since it can be adjusted to above my monitors and use a clamp on the desk behind them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx have you used anything like this before?

My office desk is against a wall where the ceiling comes down and the only source of light is an overhead fan that is in the center of the room. There's just not enough light in this room especially at this desk where my two personal monitors are and my work monitor.

Was thinking of something like this to provide some light on the desk that isn't just "monitor" light.

Or maybe another alternative that I haven't considered if anyone can think of something.

Something like this may work since it can be adjusted to above my monitors and use a clamp on the desk behind them.

they have stuff like this for corner lighting
6967b045c1a41486ee1e80fa9d458223.png

or have you thought about permanent pot lights, they make em slim now
6bd85bbbe13f25d438f4b8cab940234b.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
they have stuff like this for corner lighting
6967b045c1a41486ee1e80fa9d458223.png

or have you thought about permanent pot lights, they make em slim now
6bd85bbbe13f25d438f4b8cab940234b.png

I think that’s an eventual long term solution if we stay here long enough. Previously it was twin boys’ room so the overhead or night stand light would have been enough. They probably didn’t intend to have a desk up against it. Will try to snap a picture tomorrow.

I like the corner LED thing. There was some ad about the “streamer” or “gamer” lights that are smaller and sit on desks also.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think that’s an eventual long term solution if we stay here long enough. Previously it was twin boys’ room so the overhead or night stand light would have been enough. They probably didn’t intend to have a desk up against it. Will try to snap a picture tomorrow.

I like the corner LED thing. There was some ad about the “streamer” or “gamer” lights that are smaller and sit on desks also.
i get what youre saying about the lights, my den/office is above the garage and also just working off the ceiling fan lights, same as you, the ceiling is sloped so ican't really add pot lights,

if you don't want to put in super lights in your ceiling fan, you could add extra sockets to it, like this
e575701183327c4034ef4fdc42cd5052.png

i had that for my basement and garage in ks, and worked rather well.

if your ceiling faan is the flower type
f20082ddfde659aa0db6b7c65fdfb340.png

you can just get an extension
a98920768025af71bb6184ec03edad44.png

if your ceiling fan is the type w/ bulbs in the middle, you can expand it w/ a doubler, thats what i did and gave me lots of light
42446c2591987dae056f7a0d12e70e1b.png

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lord of Amazon Lanx Lanx - I want to play duck hunt with my daughter. Where can I find a little standalone system to plug into the TV with duck hunt and the guns? All of the NES knockoffs have pretty poor reviews on Amazon.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lord of Amazon Lanx Lanx - I want to play duck hunt with my daughter. Where can I find a little standalone system to plug into the TV with duck hunt and the guns? All of the NES knockoffs have pretty poor reviews on Amazon.
i don't think the lightgun even works on lcd

*edit, yes does not