The "Shit I just bought" thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just bought this. Never owned a Bluray Player and it has really good reviews. On sale for 79.99 seemed like the right price although I'm sure I could have gotten an equally good one for cheaper.

Amazon.com: Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi: Electronics
ps3-super-slim-001.jpg

?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to be a dick, but where the hell have you been the last 8 years or so?
I stopped watching a lot of movies after college, and I don't particularly care about super awesome video and sound quality. My HD 1080p upconversion buzzword DVD player has worked perfectly fine for me. So does my xbox 360.

I bought this mainly for all the apps (I don't own a Smart TV) and to put myself into the 21st century as far as DVD tech goes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont own one either. Or I should say I didnt until my bro gave me one this past xmas. I still didnt even watch one single blue ray through it. It merely serves as a smart device for netflicks in the bedroom now.

Most of my movies are downloaded and either streamed to TV or just watched directly on the computer these days.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I don't think I've touched the blu-ray function on my PS3 in at least 3 years. Why bother when you can rent/buy any movie you want from the PlayStation store? That beings aid, if you wanted the smart functions, why didn't you just get a Roku instead of some budget Blu-Ray player?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I love Blu-rays. You guys sound like my wife, can't tell the difference between 240p and a blu-ray. Looks the same apparently.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love 1080p. You don't need a BluRay player to view 1080p videos. I haven't turned on my LG Blu-Ray player in months.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I got the same blu-ray player after my PS3 died. It plays blu-rays. I love blu-rays as well, especially for a movie with a lot of scenery or effects. I feel that I have said blu-ray too many times in this post.

Also, 1080P is not necessarily blu-ray quality. There is plenty of 1080P shit on the internet that has lousy bit rate.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Fair enough. I like Blu-Ray quality digital files without having to have the disk.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Having to actually put any kind of a disk into a device is so last decade.

I feel dirty that the 1 console game I buy per year still has to be via disk (damn you Dark Souls and GTA5, get your shit together and launch for PC simultaneously so I can buy you on Steam)

I think the only DVD/disc player in my home of any kind is my XBOX 360

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You didn't have to buy Dark Souls or GTA5 on disk for PS3. Both were available on the PSN store. Xbox didn't have them digital?

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Soy, how do you stream from PC/NAS to your TV? Your whole house wired? Streaming BD quality over wireless induces a lot of stuttering on my UMS/PMS, even with tinkering of quality and letting it buffer.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You didn't have to buy Dark Souls or GTA5 on disk for PS3. Both were available on the PSN store. Xbox didn't have them digital?
Nope, no digital on XBOX as far as I know, not on new-release games (other than indie stuff that is ONLY digital)

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
But how many RPMs does your PS3 have?
More than 100 and less than a million.

Soy, how do you stream from PC/NAS to your TV? Your whole house wired? Streaming BD quality over wireless induces a lot of stuttering on my UMS/PMS, even with tinkering of quality and letting it buffer.
Yeah, it's all wired. I ran CAT6 through my attic into all my rooms last year.