The "Shit I just bought" thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Any ol' cast iron skillet going to do the trick? Saw some at Walmart for a cheap price? Or which one should I buy?
Lodge is pretty much the only answer unless you're going with some fancy enameled stuff. They are the only cast iron foundry left in America or they were a few years ago. That's not a bad thing though, they are awesome and inexpensive. That's probably what you saw at Walmart and if so then go for it.

Siliconemelons

isnt like all cast iron stuff all made by the same company- seemed like walmart crackerbarrel brand etc where all lodge... anywho I LOVE using cast iron as they are win, but my wife CANNOT get over the fact you just scrape it off with some hot water and your good- she MUST have it washed with soap...I should get another and just start using it.psha! soap...

boom 16$

Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet, 10-1/4" - Walmart.com

guess lodge "logic" is a cheaper version?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my wife CANNOT get over the fact you just scrape it off with some hot water and your good- she MUST have it washed with soap...I should get another and just start using it.
That's kind of harsh, if you are patient you can teach her to skip the soap, no reason to go get a new wife over it.

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need to get a different slow cooker. I have an old school crock pot with off > low > high. I always overcook shit in it due to lack of warm setting and no auto off.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
anywho I LOVE using cast iron as they are win, but my wife CANNOT get over the fact you just scrape it off with some hot water and your good- she MUST have it washed with soap...
Tell her to wash it while it's still hot from the stove, then put it back on the burner to dry. That's the easiest way to clean it anyway and you can explain to her that no germs can live on it because it's too hot for them.

My grandmother and aunt both completely hand wash their dishes with soap in the sink and then put the clean dishes in the dishwasher to "sanitize" them. It hurts my brain every time I watch them do it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish dishwashers actually got hot enough to legitimately sanitize dishes.

I know with stuff that couldn't be washed, I'd throw it in the oven for like 20 minutes. I was a bit more paranoid about germs then than I think I am now though.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Toto S300E Washlet:Toto SW574#01 Washlet S300e Toilet Seat-Elongated with ewater+, Cotton - Amazon.com

The Japanese run hotel I stayed in while in Bangkok had this installed in my room's bathroom, and though I initially looked at it with a mix of trepidation and amusement, after using it for a few days all I could wonder is why this hasn't become standard issue on EVERY toilet. It's the ultimate ass cleaner(tm) plus video game for your anus all rolled into one. Besides a perpetually squeaky clean asshole, I figure I'll make up the cost within a year or so in toilet paper savings alone.. Highly recommended.. It also has a "front wash" function for the missus, so there are some potential indirect benefits to it as well. I managed to install it myself with standard tools-- no plumbing experience required. Though if you don't have an outlet near the toilet, you'll need to get an electrician to install one.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You seriously spend almost $800 a year on toilet paper?
Shh, I'm trying really hard to justify it.. Probably not $800 but I do buy the good stuff and it feels like I'm buying the jumbo pack on a monthly basis (thanks diverticulitis). Seriously though, pump up the "rear clean" oscillation setting and it will bring tears of joy to your eyes. It also auto cleans the bowl each time and pumps air freshener every time you take a dump. Not a big issue here in Texas, but if you live up north the always warm seat is also nice.. It's also extremely amusing when a guest asks to use your bathroom and all you hear is silence as they're trying to make heads and tails of it.

Siliconemelons

That's kind of harsh, if you are patient you can teach her to skip the soap, no reason to go get a new wife over it.
LOL took me a good few minutes to stop lulzing and type this.

a new pan not a new wife ;-)

I tell her and explain to her that heat sanitization is really the best - nothing is going to live on your frying pan but she cannot get over it just being cleaned with a scraper and hot water- even if you set it in the oven etc to burn stuff off. She also makes me take stuff I hand wash (in fully hot water + soap) have a run in the dishwasher so it gets baked in here again like in the post above.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a nice big square cast iron skillet and I have to admit, I have started washing it with soap once or twice. No conscious decision, just grab it and start scrubbing while cleaning other stuff. Always realize after a couple seconds what I'm doing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So you don't completely get rid of toilet paper, since you need to dry off somehow, right?

I can't imagine it's going to be able to dry my ass off in any appreciable amount of time, and I'm not going to sit there for an extra 5 minutes while it tries.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you don't completely get rid of toilet paper, since you need to dry off somehow, right?

I can't imagine it's going to be able to dry my ass off in any appreciable amount of time, and I'm not going to sit there for an extra 5 minutes while it tries.
Read the feature list homie.

"Automatic air deodorizer,Warm air dryer, ewater+ on wands and bowl, Pre-mist of bowl before each use, Night light"

Delightful.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Read the feature list homie.

"Automatic air deodorizer,Warm air dryer, ewater+ on wands and bowl, Pre-mist of bowl before each use, Night light"

Delightful.
I can't tell if your "delightful" is sarcastic or not. Either way, that doesn't answer my question. After my asshole gets shot with water, I feel like I'd have to sit there for a while for an air dryer to completely dry my ass. Unless it's really, really hot, in which case I'd be afraid my asshole would become super dry and irritated.