The "Shit I just bought" thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I actually bought this last week but have yet to give it a whirlAmazon.com: Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer - Black and Chrome: Kitchen Dining

I was looking at the Vitamix as well, but everything I read said to buy a masticating juicer rather than a centrifugal.
The thing is, you really don't want something that discards pulp/rinds/whatever. That's where like 3/4 of the vitamins and nutrients are in a fruit or vegetable. You toss out all the seeds and rinds and pulp and you're basically just drinking sugar water at that point. Thats why the Vitamix is nice as a juicer. It'll liquefy anything you throw in it. Obviously some things you still want to peel, just from a taste perspective(banana peels and orange rinds taste like ass), but they recommend taking as little peel or core off as possible when making a smoothie or juice drink. Anything with a thin edible skin works great. Whole apples, pineapples with the core still in, whole grapes still on the vine, strawberries with the stems still on, etc. All that stuff comes out of the Vitamix silky smooth in like 60 seconds.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything you are posting sounds great but I can't imagine ever wanting to spend $400 on a blender.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I don't need to liquify fruit often enough to justify it. I do some protein smoothies with bananas, ice, etc and my shitty 30 dollar Black & Decker handles it fine. That said, I wouldn't mind if someone gifted me that Vitamix!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I don't need to liquify fruit often enough to justify it. I do some protein smoothies with bananas, ice, etc and my shitty 30 dollar Black & Decker handles it fine. That said, I wouldn't mind if someone gifted me that Vitamix!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Decided to start building a belt collection. Golf is probably my biggest passion, so going from there I was led to Piedmont Leather:Custom Elephant Belt - Grey - Piedmont Leather

The guy who owns it, Jay, is extremely hands on and involved in the making of the belts. I had a quick question so I emailed him after I ordered my first one, and he called my cell within 5 minutes. Got it a few days ago and definitely will buy more.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
First let me say that's a badass belt. Second I'm not a big animal rights person but with how intelligent elephants are and how low their population is I find elephant products kind of disgusting.
frown.png

Remit_sl

shitlord
First let me say that's a badass belt. Second I'm not a big animal rights person but with how intelligent elephants are and how low their population is I find elephant products kind of disgusting.
frown.png
Yeah but, think of how many belts a single one would make.

Silence_sl

shitlord
frown.png
Especially the belt thing...somewhere out there is an elephant with his trousers down around his ankles.

Don't worry about Szeth, Chanur. He has a foreskin jacket imported from South Africa.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I believe that these places claim to get their hides from animals recently deceased by natural means. There are two sides to it I suppose, on one hand why waste something from a dead animal? On the other, people will argue that skinning an animal even if it died of natural causes is desecration.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just use a NutraBullet and the thing is fantastic. Easy to clean and does a great job making my morning smoothies. Just head over to Trader Joe's every other week or so and buy a ton of frozen fruit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Elephant belt? Pfft posers. Snuffalupagus belt is where its at bitches.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vitamix is awesome. Really great for making soy/coconut/almond milk. Do yourself a favor and pick up a nut milk bag to filter your milks.