The "Shit I just bought" thread

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_13799.jpg

Nothing fancy, just a new pair of boots to wear to work. My old ones were killing my feet.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Update on the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard... the left Ctrl and M keys are dying. The M doesn't work maybe every 3rd time while the Ctrl only works one in three. Gonna RMA it if I can :\

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Viper 777 electronic dartboard. Literally the cheapest regulation size(15.5") board I could find to practice on. Works great, I throw darts and they stick. Don't even turn the thing on half the time, just wanted something the right size to practice on.

h3pA3Vp.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DeathAdder is the best mouse I've ever used, period. I've had it for about 4 years now and still works great. The fabric on the cable is starting to get frayed, that's my only complaint and that's cosmetic. Great fucking mouse.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have their MMO mouse with the full keypad on the side. I forget the model name(Naga?). It's definitely the best mouse I've owned. The keypad has spoiled me and I feel half-retarded when I use another mouse without them.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_17624.jpg

Now that's a knife
I never liked the Globals. A lot of folks swear by them, they're good knives, just not my personal choice. At work we use a lot of generic knives, no one wants to dent or break a tip on their good knives.

At home and catering I use...

rrr_img_17928.jpg

SG-2 steel is the shit.

rrr_img_17624.jpg

rrr_img_17928.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My wife has a full set of Mac knives but she didn't have a cleaver and requested the Global. Haven't had experience with any other Globals but this thing definitely gives a good cut.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My wife has a full set of Mac knives but she didn't have a cleaver and requested the Global. Haven't had experience with any other Globals but this thing definitely gives a good cut.
Yeah, my post came off wrong. Globals are definitely in every good Cooks' top-5. My personal problem with them are the handles and the blade. We do a lot of stupid shit with our knives (including opening large cans). I see Globals every day, use them a lot, but they fuck with my callouse on my knife hand and the blade breaks rather easy so I tend to avoid them. They hold an edge as well as any knife I've used, and that's a big +.

Shun's are really overpriced in America, but if you ever get a chance there's nothing closer to a Samurai knife. You can drop a fucking napkin on the blade and it'll cleave it in half. The only problem with the higher grades of steel is you also need a higher grade of sharperner... Anyways, enough derail. Just liked seeing some good kitchen knives show up in this thread
smile.png

smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaguely related to the knives subject: One of my brother in laws is a sous chef at a pretty high end joint. One day hanging out I mentioned how sharp his knives looked as he was rolling them up. He said he saw someone recently slip up with theirs just a TINY bit and cut their finger clean to the bone and sever some nerves.

High end chef knives scare the fuck out of me since then. I tend to cut myself on random every day shit like the dryer, or a screen door. The idea of using these razor sharp utensils on the reg is something my clumsy ass just can't think about.