The "Shit I just bought" thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
im not feeling these. i'm sure theyre comfy, i just cant stand that blocky heel.
It's for the man who has everything. Except height. Or integrity. Or consistency.

Pew pew pew, Tarrant, your turn
smile.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
im not feeling these. i'm sure theyre comfy, i just cant stand that blocky heel.
I'm on my feet for close to 10 hours a day, that heel is like a cloud of wonderful fluffy goodness after awhile.

Also they aren't really as bad as the pic may make it seem. It only sticks out about 1/3 of an inch what that middle gap does and that middle is full or arch support which comes in handy as my feet have a negative arch.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just got a Samsung Ativ 500T for $399 from Woot for my wife, but of course I had to take the opportunity to screw around with it first. Using Windows 8 on a touch screen is a night and day difference from the desktop, it's really nice. The thing that impressed me the most, and why I purchased it over an Asus Vivotab Smart, was the included S-pen. Thing is fucking bananas, never used a digital pen with such good handwriting recognition.

rrr_img_31889.jpg

speaking of shoes, it's taken me about 8 years of office-life to figure out that wood soles are the way to go.

carpet = shoe eater.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing that impressed me the most, and why I purchased it over an Asus Vivotab Smart, was the included S-pen. Thing is fucking bananas, never used a digital pen with such good handwriting recognition.
Windows has had baller handwriting recognition since vista, it was just that no one used it. I had a convertible 13'' HP that I used through college that was amazing at reading my scribble. The only thing it didn't do well was formulas, and they fixed that with Win7 and the Math mode.

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently snagged a Breathalyzer:http://www.bactrack.com/collections/...o-breathalyzer

Having read a lot of negative reviews of the more inexpensive models, I went with one of the nicer models and it seems to work fairly well.

I attend quite a few happy hours and drink beer on gaming nights and didn't have any real understanding of how drinks affect my B.A.C. Having tested with this device, my tolerance for driving is a bit higher than I would have expected. 2x 12oz beers @ 10% puts me at .03 BAC. Seems like a good idea to know where I stand as I don't want to get hosed with a DWI.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a rather small back yard that I need to maintain. Since it is fenced in the HOA doesn't mow it like my front and sides. So for the first few years I had a blade reel mower. And it was terrible. Inconsistant on cutting, at best, and I would generally have to go over the same patch 2-3 times to knock over most of the grass. I decided to try out an electric lawn mower because it would literally take me the entire summer to go through a gallon of gas if I got a gas mower. It does a shockingly good job. Since using the reel was such a pain I kind of let the grass get overgrown and it chopping through it like a champ. I was concerned it may be a bit underpowered being electric and not gas but I really like it.

61VVH3yddpL._SL1104_.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We are replacing a 60 year old oil burner with a brand spanking new Weil Mclain. This and the oil tank were both original to our new house that was built 1951. Replaced old oil tank with a new Roth tank. Just need to slap big decal on the side of the tank and it'd look bad ass. Maybe some kewl flames or a Texans helmet. Anyway hopefully buy buy to $600 heating bills in the winter because your burner is like negative in efficiency.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did you consider bringing in a gas main and buying a tankless heater? Not sure how much you're going to save on heating costs if you're still using oil.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't know much about oil costs since everything out here is natural gas, but if he got a fairly high efficiency boiler it shouldn't be any less efficient than a condensing natural gas boiler used for space heating. The reason for that is depending on how hot the boiler control is set at, it would pretty much eliminate the gains from a condensing boiler. If your water supply is hotter than 140-150F, by definition the boiler flue gases can no longer condense, which is what boosts the efficiency up in to the 90's. The less heat you throw out your chimney, the more efficient.

And boilers by nature are "tankless", although some do have a fairly high mass (water content). I would assume though that the boiler he got is a low mass, fire tube design that might have a heat exchanger with a water content of 10-20 gallons. High mass boilers are pretty rare in most small and medium sized applications these days.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You know way more about this shit than me, mr. plumber. I just thought heating oil cost a lot more per unit of heat than natural gas.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Probably, natural gas is stupid cheap right now, has been for years, and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Oil is much more volatile and expensive. That said, if the previous boiler really was 60 years old, his heating bills are probably going to drop by half. And in some place natural gas just isn't viable since there's no distribution system for it. Not sure how trucked propane compares to either.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I got the whole set (48?) to frame. Fucking loved these things as a kid.

rrr_img_32557.jpg