The "Shit I just bought" thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Do you rip discs or just pirate everything? I ripped all my DVDs a few years back but I'm under the impression that doing it with bluray is a pretty big pain in the ass.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's not bad if you are ripping 1 disk at a time as you borrow/rent them or whatever. If you're sitting down to rip a whole collection of dozens or hundreds at once, then yeah, that blows.

A decent Blu-Ray drive on a PC can rip a Blu-Ray movie in 20-30 min. Probably faster than most people could download the equivalent file.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Some of it is ripped BluRays, some pirated. I don't really watch that many movies at home, to be honest.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got one of these. It is a huge amount of fun. Well well worth the money and holy shit do they move fast.

Amazon.com : The New Hubsan X4 H107L Improved Version : Hobby Rc Helicopters : Toys Games

thing is so much fun. it's stout enough to fly outside with a mild wind. in expert mode, it will really move. i can't really flip well inside consistanty w/o crashing, but its easy outside. for about 50 bucks, it's a steal. there's a 80 buck version that has a camera, i'm tempted. this is a great jump from the cheap indoor helicopters that everyone sells and the really expansive quads that are $300 or more.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got one of these. It is a huge amount of fun. Well well worth the money and holy shit do they move fast.
I bought one that was about $150, and came with targets that lit up if you hit them with the IR gun mounted to the helicopter.

Was pretty fun for a while, but I never had anyone else to fly with, so the fun didn't last, and now it sits and collects dust.
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought one that was about $150, and came with targets that lit up if you hit them with the IR gun mounted to the helicopter.

Was pretty fun for a while, but I never had anyone else to fly with, so the fun didn't last, and now it sits and collects dust.
frown.png
Ever try looking for an r/c club in your area?

Crone

Ever try looking for an r/c club in your area?
I did actually, and there are quite a few. Just didn't have the time, and those guys are hardcore. lol. They'd probably laugh at my little toy helicopter that I swooped around my back yard pretending there were charlies in the trees!!

Wanted one since I was 12, bought it today. Bone stock, matching serial numbers. Starts on a dime, runs solid.

1956 F-100

Lde4W9B.jpg
]
lc7mtuf.jpg

P.S. Thanks Obama for ruining the economy and letting me grab this dirt cheap.

fris

Vyemm Raider

frown.png
my friends and i refer to the Hubsan X4 as a flying tank and not a quadcopter. one of my friends has about 5 different quads, all between 50-150 bucks. everyone has had serious breaks from crashing. the hubsan has only required replacement blades at less than $1.50 per set.

i'm thinking of a few more expansive models, Aerosky H100 is about 200 bucks. then the QX350 is almost 400 but has GPS to "go-to-home" and other cool things.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I had a blade come off as I was harrassing my sister who was leaving in her car. It was at least 30-40 feet in the air and just dropped like a rock onto the street behind her car. Put a new blade on it and away she goes. Yesterday I am farting around with it getting used to the expert mode. (Flips, and a ton faster movement) and I get screwed up on which way the damn thing is going in relation to facing and fly it full speed into the side of the house to have it drop the 30 feet to the driveway.

No damage at all. This damn thing is worth every penny. (Oh I did order the protective crap yesterday and some more blades.) But if it breaks sooner or later I am buying another. So much more fun that the little standard airhog heli's. Hell I might think about a Parrot 2 or some other camera one just two watch the crashes.

fris

Vyemm Raider
there's a version of theX4w/ a 2mp camera, takes decent video.

If you don't mind waiting, you can skip amazon and get frombangood's site

my friend got the AR drone, the range w/ using your phone as a remote sucks. he got the 120 upgrade to use a normal remote/transceiver, destroyed it in about 3 minutes of flying after the upgrade.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After reading about the X4 went ahead and ordered one this morning. With it sounding pretty bullet proof Im sure it will do me well as my first try and this stuff.

Crone

Ya, the little airhog helli I have is pretty freakin' awesome in terms of control, but it sure as hell isn't durable. haha. The parts are cheap though, I will give it that.

Maybe after I move, and have a bigger back yard with nothing left to do but spy on my new neighbors, I'll pick an X4 up with the camera, and see what happens. haha

Killswitch

N00b
After reading about the X4 went ahead and ordered one this morning. With it sounding pretty bullet proof Im sure it will do me well as my first try and this stuff.
After destroying my Losi RC truck I picked one up as well. Think my 4 year old will get a kick out of this too. The back of my house is a huge retention pond that only fills when theres a ton of rain. Its like 2 football fields so plenty of flying room on my end.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jooka I hope you have fun with it. Remember to set it on a level spot each time you change the battery to center it. and if you push down on the right control stick be prepared to shit yourself. That sends it into expert mode, which enables flips and 5 G break your scrawny neck changes of direction. (Or in my mind, GAHHH OBSTACLE! Tree, House, Power wire, Whatever is around I tend to crash into).

I took this thing to my 4 year old Nephews Party at a Inflation Nation thing. I had 20 kids age 2 to 80 following it around just oohing and Ahhing. I think I convinced the owner to buy a camera based one to take picks of the kids on the slides. I wish this thing gave blowjobs it would then be perfect!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I bought a Sony blu-ray a few months ago and it blows away my parents Panasonic I bought them last year in ease of use.

Siliconemelons

I bought a Sony blu-ray a few months ago and it blows away my parents Panasonic I bought them last year in ease of use.
PS3s are the best netflix hulu bluray players and are updated... you can get a used one for 150-200 and thats less sometimes than a high end bluray player.

Bought a 12" cast iron fry pan this weekend- was going to get the 10.2 at target as it was 15$ like walmart +5% and i was there rather than wallyworld...but in store it was 20...and so was the 12"? wtf...so i got the 12" - <3 .. and my wife asks "can we at least wash it with soap once?!" argh