OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Strain

Genre: Science Fiction, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2014-07-13

Creator: Guillermo del Toro, Carlton Cuse

Cast: David Bradley, Corey Stoll, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Kevin Durand, Miguel Gomez, Max Charles

Overview: A high concept thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 98554[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Strain[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-07-13[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A high concept thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Apparently this was announced late last year and I missed it. Bad news is that ex-Lost showrunner Carlton Cuse is on board. The good news is that, in my opinion, FX is the gold standard of consistency when it comes to awesome hour long dramas. Interesting description and link below.

A plane lands at JFK and mysteriously ?goes dark?, stopping in the middle of the runway for no apparent reason, all lights off, all doors sealed? Ephraim Goodweather and his team from the Center for Disease Control must work quickly to establish the cause of this strange occurrence before panic spreads. The first thing they discover is that four of the victims are actually still alive. But that?s the only good news. And when all two hundred corpses disappear from various morgues around the city on the same night, things very rapidly get worse. Soon Eph and a small band of helpers will find themselves battling to protect not only their own loved ones, but the whole city, against an ancient threat to humanity.

http://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-...vels-tv-series

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sounds interesting, but Cuse...that worries me. Nothing has let me down in the history of TV like Lost. I guess as long as there aren't a shitload of 'mysteries', I can deal with it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Sounds interesting, but Cuse...that worries me. Nothing has let me down in the history of TV like Lost. I guess as long as there aren't a shitload of 'mysteries', I can deal with it.
Or maybe his dumb ass learned that you should have an end game plan for the show you are pitching just in case it becomes a smash hit.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
The trilogy of books were decent, they felt a lot like Blade world without Blade but that's a given since Del Toro co-wrote with Hogan. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the Vampires once the infection overtakes NYC.

Not sure if this should be spoilered but of course part of the storyline involves a kid
frown.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
First book was pretty good. Kinda fell off the last two for me. The later books setting is really cool, will be neat if they do the whole series because shit gets really dark.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Just felt like novels too me. There's not some teenage broad running around fucking the vampires or anything. The vampires are basically

Parasitically controlled rage zombies that infect people by putting worms in them. Also there are angels

Goatface

read that Del Toro pitched this as a tv show to start with, but no one wanted it, so they wrote the novels

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I could barely make myself finish the first book. It wasn't necessarily bad, it just dragged on and didn't really make me want to read it. I never read the rest of the series because of that. However, I'm optimistic that a TV series based on it will actually be much more interesting. Usually a book is better because you get so much more information, but I desperately wanted less, and maybe this is the way I'm finally going to get it. I'll be watching in the hopes that it is decent and finally lets me enjoy what was actually a pretty decent premise, just horribly written (in my opinion).

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I've seen a few different trailers for this. They look good and the trailers do their job, they're only teaser trailers so far anyway.

How the show goes is another thing. But I'll be watching the first few episodes, mostly because GDT is behind it. And see how I like it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database