The Strain

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The novel had a decent premise but was fucking horribly boring and I struggled to get through it. I'm hopeful that the TV show will be better, because it couldn't really be much worse.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big hopes. I heard a podcast where critics that got screeners are saying it's legit.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Fianc?e and I thought the first episode was a great start to the show.

Definitely some solid wtf moments and a couple cheesy ones but overall we enjoyed it. Will definitely keep watching!

We never read the trilogy but we did like the biological take on the genre.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This show looks like it will be pretty entertaining. Ol' Guillermo can always be trusted to entertain!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really turned the cheese factor up for a number of scenes.

When the dad goes crazy at the press conference and slaps the guy on the mic, I almost wanted to turn it off. The gang banger Mexican was pretty terrible as well.

When you get use to HBO quality shows, it is hard to go back just cable & network shows.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
They really turned the cheese factor up for a number of scenes.

When the dad goes crazy at the press conference and slaps the guy on the mic, I almost wanted to turn it off. The gang banger Mexican was pretty terrible as well.

When you get use to HBO quality shows, it is hard to go back just cable & network shows.
Yeah, it has a campy, cheap, "made for NBC/CBS" feel to it. So many scenes seem forced or exaggerated, like the one you mentioned where the dad slaps the CDC guy. I found myself snorting and rolling my eyes constantly. Thumbs down from me so far.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think you all are a bit harsh on it. I mean compared to shit like Selfies and whatever garbage they try to pass these days this show has promise, especially to those without the premium networks. It for sure had some cheese in it but for a pilot I thought it was all right. Usually the acting and stuff gets better as they become more comfortable with the show, unless you are actors in Revolution.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think you all are a bit harsh on it. I mean compared to shit like Selfies and whatever garbage they try to pass these days this show has promise, especially to those without the premium networks. It for sure had some cheese in it but for a pilot I thought it was all right. Usually the acting and stuff gets better as they become more comfortable with the show, unless you are actors in Revolution.
Meh, considering FX has been responsible for Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, and Nip/Tuck, they've proven that they can make non-campy quality shows before. This show feels far inferior to those in terms of acting and production value. It's got blood, cool vampires, and violence, so it's got me for a few episodes at least, but considering the story and the producer I expected much more.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, considering FX has been responsible for Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, and Nip/Tuck, they've proven that they can make non-campy quality shows before. This show feels far inferior to those in terms of acting and production value. It's got blood, cool vampires, and violence, so it's got me for a few episodes at least, but considering the story and the producer I expected much more.
Exactly... not saying I'm out, just yet... only cautiously disappointed, because I have come to expect better from FX. The actual show is walking a tight rope between "campy" and "dark-sinister", whereas the promo's sold it just as dark-sinister. Can't help but be slightly disappointed.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Had its good parts and had its bad parts. It's decent enough to keep watching.

The books are what you'd expect , if they removed the whole kid/mother storyline would have been much better.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_71265.jpg

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Main character is such a colossal douchebag. Everything else was ok, and I'm glad samwise is trying to resurrect his career.

Really, just get rid of the terrible fucking main guy and his worthless family drama and it would be a great show. As is, I feel like it's going to turn into another Walking Dead with the same "everyone is an idiot" problems.