The struggle is real

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's spring. It's not what you want to do but when not out applying or figuring a place to live.......
Make craigs/area fb posts for lawn jobs, minor landscaping. See if there's a nearby plasma donation.

Broke now but if it changes consider moving to more prosperous areas including out of state for more opportunities.

(look up tenancy law might be able to force her abide by it, my state is a nightmare to evict.)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
You're retarded. Explain how any of those were bad choices. Getting a job was a bad choice? Should I learn how to tell the future like you apparently can? Oh I guess I should have known my landlord was going to turn into a slumlord a year after living there.

I should have known my staffing agency was going to lie about parking passes.

Guess I should have known, please Mr passively offensive dickhead on the internet, I don't want to be a loser anymore, tell me how to see the future like you can so I can avoid random bipolar behavior from complete strangers!

Look, it sucks...It really does.

But don't be a little bitch. Go fucking work at 7-11, fucking move (the shit do you have to lose!?) or some shit..

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's spring. It's not what you want to do but when not out applying or figuring a place to live.......
Make craigs/area fb posts for lawn jobs, minor landscaping. See if there's a nearby plasma donation.

Broke now but if it changes consider moving to more prosperous areas including out of state for more opportunities.

(look up tenancy law might be able to force her abide by it, my state is a nightmare to evict.)

I actually have some rights about being removed in my situation but it wouldn't help my situation for the short term. You can't end a lease for retaliation (wanting the septic fixed) and I would still be required to pay rent so it's a wash.

I'll be fine I just wanted to vent and tell the forum how life has been fucking me as of late and give you guys something to read.

I've already found a place to stay so won't be bumming it. Spent most of the day looking for work and resume bombing companies.

I just can't catch a break, I wish people had a bit more integrity. I was pushing my old boss to get his license but he was always worried about money. If the staffing agency had told me from the start that they couldn't give me a parking pass I wouldn't have wasted my time and found something closer to home.

All I ask is for people to be fucking honest with me instead of lying and being shady to my own detriment.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I actually have some rights about being removed in my situation but it wouldn't help my situation for the short term. You can't end a lease for retaliation (wanting the septic fixed) and I would still be required to pay rent so it's a wash.

I'll be fine I just wanted to vent and tell the forum how life has been fucking me as of late and give you guys something to read.

I've already found a place to stay so won't be bumming it. Spent most of the day looking for work and resume bombing companies.

I just can't catch a break, I wish people had a bit more integrity. I was pushing my old boss to get his license but he was always worried about money. If the staffing agency had told me from the start that they couldn't give me a parking pass I wouldn't have wasted my time and found something closer to home.

All I ask is for people to be fucking honest with me instead of lying and being shady to my own detriment.

...You're still blaming everyone fucking else..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
...You're still blaming everyone fucking else..

And not one of you can tell me how any of this was my fault, how was my old boss lying to our customers and getting is thrown off the job my fault?

How was waking up to a random flat tire with no explanation of why it was flat my fault?

How was not getting a parking pass my fault?

You want to band wagon with Gunnar be my guest but you need to present some facts or shut the fuck up.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
When's the last time you had your tires checked? Don't people consider/investigate the state of their vehicle before starting a new commute that their livelihood depends on? o_O

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
When's the last time you had your tires checked? Don't people consider/investigate the state of their vehicle before starting a new commute that their livelihood depends on? o_O

It's like none of you even read the OP. There was zero reason the tire was flat, the car had brand new tires put on less than 3 months ago and I dipped it in soapy water after putting air in it to see if there was a leak.... Nothing and it is still holding to this day at 45 psi.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
For some people it can be true, if you are constantly feeling like things aren't working out like how people told you, it could be that you hear what you want to hear when people talk. It seems to be a trait that varies from person to person and I don't mean that as an attack.

They have done studies showing how people interpret what they are told and then review a recording only to realize their brain lied to them. Spending my career in construction I obviously have worked with hundreds of people struggling as the industry is often an employer of last resort. Stability is a factor that I find people who struggle most often under appreciate. Stability is of tremendous values in our lives, seek to to eliminate drama, focus on stable. That means reduce drama where we live, where we work, and how we socialize.

I have known people who shit just seems to follow them and each individual case they could say "Hey what did I do to deserve or cause this" And the answer is in the forest not the trees.

• 1Solidarity

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
For some people it can be true, if you are constantly feeling like things aren't working out like how people told you, it could be that you hear what you want to hear when people talk. It seems to be a trait that varies from person to person and I don't mean that as an attack.

They have done studies showing how people interpret what they are told and then review a recording only to realize their brain lied to them. Spending my career in construction I obviously have worked with hundreds of people struggling as the industry is often an employer of last resort. Stability is a factor that I find people who struggle most often under appreciate. Stability is of tremendous values in our lives, seek to to eliminate drama, focus on stable. That means reduce drama where we live, where we work, and how we socialize.

I have known people who shit just seems to follow them and each individual case they could say "Hey what did I do to deserve or cause this" And the answer is in the forest not the trees.

I so desperately want to get in the door of a big company with an apprenticeship, I've been in contact with quite a few for a very long time and even have a guy that is vouching for me at one of them where he has worked for over 15 years.

I just need that opportunity to get away from all the bullshit.. My wife says the flat tire was a sign that I wasn't supposed to work at masonite but I am a man of science and I don't believe in that shit... More than likely some kids came and let the air out late at night.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Since we are all whining...

The New York State, once again, its trying to regulate the market my business is in and, if successful, it will pretty much kill the market for the small corps like mine by September this year.

They tried this shit two years ago and ate a bag of shit from lobbyists. Lets hope they eat a bigger bag of shit this time around.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It is not normally hard to get a "shot" in the trades, but it's just as easy to fuck it up. Because of the constant transient nature of construction workers companies are very fast to stereotype and pigeon hole you into a "type". It is hard to get past the fodder stage. If you smoke or drink stop it. Never show up to work in torn or disheveled clothing. Your tools should be neat and orderly. Don't talk to your employer or co workers about your problems. All these things will get you typecaste.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like none of you even read the OP. There was zero reason the tire was flat, the car had brand new tires put on less than 3 months ago and I dipped it in soapy water after putting air in it to see if there was a leak.... Nothing and it is still holding to this day at 45 psi.

So someone let the air out of your tire? Do you have beef with a neighbor or something? That sucks.

Maybe you just had a series of bad breaks. It happens. If this is "the story of your life", then Blazin is probably on to something.

I hope things get better for you.

• 1Solidarity

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is not normally hard to get a "shot" in the trades, but it's just as easy to fuck it up. Because of the constant transient nature of construction workers companies are very fast to stereotype and pigeon hole you into a "type". It is hard to get past the fodder stage. If you smoke or drink stop it. Never show up to work in torn or disheveled clothing. Your tools should be neat and orderly. Don't talk to your employer or co workers about your problems. All these things will get you typecaste.

This is good advice.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
And not one of you can tell me how any of this was my fault, how was my old boss lying to our customers and getting is thrown off the job my fault?

How was waking up to a random flat tire with no explanation of why it was flat my fault?

You want to band wagon with Gunnar be my guest but you need to present some facts or shut the fuck up.

Old boss lying is your fault because you didn't fucking fact check, or you didn't verify HIS license, or some other various fucking point. Trust fucking no one.

Waking up to a random flat tire? Motherfucker, learn to give yourself time for shit like this. If you don't have fucking time in the morning to throw a spare on, air up a tire, etc you aren't giving yourself enough time. Walk the fuck outside and check shit. God fucking damn. This one triggers me the goddamn most. I give myself a fucking hour of lee-way in the morning. I check my shit. Something fucking happens? I can probably fucking handle it before being late for work. Jesus fuck you whiny cunt. And most mornings? I get to enjoy a smoke and a cup of coffee in the back yard with my leeway. Its fucking great.

Not getting a parking pass? Fuck, relying on others to do your shit. 100% your fucking fault. See point fucking one.

Fuck you.

Go ahead and infract me @Amod

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't know what part of the country you are in, but around here in PA we have the huge Sheetz/Wawa gas stations, this is ground central of the parade trade every morning starting around 5am. The best work is in industrial preferably in a union. I would make an effort to politely speak to guys who look like they have their shit together and are not fresh out of prison. That means their truck doesn't look like shit with crap littering the dash and compartment. Even in construction, knowing someone makes a huge difference to help find opportunity.

There may also be resources at a local vocational school, but to reiterate you show up to these looking like wizardhawk it's likely to not work out.

141412672_10.jpg

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Just found this thread, Gunnar may have been a bit harsh on you, but he was on point. You want to blame everything else but you. You want to know why it's your fault?

The flat tire is not an excuse. You have to show integrity and desire at some point. First off, if I was going to a job for the first day, I would have woken up early to make sure everything was going smooth. Make time for emergencies, like your mystery flat tire. And it's a flat tire, it's not like your legs got cut off. Why couldn't you call a friend or family member to help take you to work? Did you call work, explain the situation, and say you were going to be a little late? Was work far away, couldn't you have called up an Uber? I realize Uber or a taxi would have cost you money, but it was your first day of work, and that's the most important time to make an impression. So what if you used Uber or a taxi and actually lost money that first day. You would have had a job still, and would have made it up in the long run.

The parking pass I didn't quite understand. In one post it made it sound like you didn't pay for it and you didn't show up to work for 4 days. In the other post it sounded like you actually paid for the passes and went to work. If you didn't get a parking pass.....why not? It was $7 bucks or whatever, but you would have worked a full day and made it back and then some. Instead, you lost a job because you didn't want to pay for a pass? Am I getting that right?

Please realize although life may have thrown you a few curveballs, you have made some pretty shitty decisions that have gotten you to where you are. By your OP post, it seems like you lost 2 jobs because you weren't able to get a ride to work or inform your new employer about your flat tire, and in the second situation you decided to not show up to work because you didn't want to buy a parking pass (but maybe you did go to work? I couldn't tell from your posts).

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I so desperately want to get in the door of a big company with an apprenticeship, I've been in contact with quite a few for a very long time and even have a guy that is vouching for me at one of them where he has worked for over 15 years.

I just need that opportunity to get away from all the bullshit.. My wife says the flat tire was a sign that I wasn't supposed to work at masonite but I am a man of science and I don't believe in that shit... More than likely some kids came and let the air out late at night.

Something constructive. No one is going to offer you an apprenticeship unless they are related to you, know you, or you can demonstrate a good work history with references. You need to start at the ground floor and work your way up. You will never get on the ground floor unless you are responsible enough to show up for work, especially your first day or week. Stop making excuses like how a flat tire stopped you from showing up to work, and start making good choices like figuring out how to get to work despite a flat tire and no car.

Also stop saying your are a man of science unless you have some sort of STEM degree, otherwise you are nothing more than Woody Harrelson's character from Doc Hollywood. A man of science would have been smart enough to figure out a way to get to work despite not having a car.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something constructive. No one is going to offer you an apprenticeship unless they are related to you, know you, or you can demonstrate a good work history with references. You need to start at the ground floor and work your way up. You will never get on the ground floor unless you are responsible enough to show up for work, especially your first day or week. Stop making excuses like how a flat tire stopped you from showing up to work, and start making good choices like figuring out how to get to work despite a flat tire and no car.

Also stop saying your are a man of science unless you have some sort of STEM degree, otherwise you are nothing more than Woody Harrelson's character from Doc Hollywood. A man of science would have been smart enough to figure out a way to get to work despite not having a car.

Cool story bro, did the man of science thing trigger you? Give me a break...

If this thread did anything it's demonstrate that quite a few members of this forum are so caught up in their own bullshit they actually believe it.

Shit happens and I hope one day when life hands you a pile of shit you eat it with a smile because in your minds, nothing can ever happen to you that is it out your control.

For others that have some decency to sympathize with me, thank you and I appreciate it.