The Suicide Squad (2021)

Maul

Dental Dammer
Cena and Idris nailed it, they were both 10/10. Harley is ridiculously hot but all the jokes are too forced now compared to the original SS where flowed so much better. King shark MVP it goes without saying.

Movie was fun and stupid, which is what I expected really. Weasel living was the highlight.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This was alright, certainly one of the better DC movies. Better than this thread would have you believe not near as good as it could or should have been. Too much silly bullshit and a middle that just stunk. Opening 15 minutes was great and I enjoyed all the deaths

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don’t understand you autists saying “this is a piece of shit movie.“ What were you expecting? For me, it was entertaining and it did drag a bit in the second act. It didn’t pretend to be anything other than what it was. It’s a silly movie that has silly things in it. WW84 was a piece of shit and this is light years ahead of that garbage.

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t understand you autists saying “this is a piece of shit movie.“ What were you expecting? For me, it was entertaining and it did drag a bit in the second act. It didn’t pretend to be anything other than what it was. It’s a silly movie that has silly things in it. WW84 was a piece of shit and this is light years ahead of that garbage.
"Knees to sharp, would not watch."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
because james gunn did both GotG movies, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect something of that caliber. but really the main issue is the dialogue being pretty low quality. the middle of the movie drags specifically because of the dialogue. there's very little going on EXCEPT dialogue and since it's so bad it's a slog. now look at GotG movies and when there's basically just dialogue it's still good because it's clever and fun. this isn't.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
because james gunn did both GotG movies, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect something of that caliber. but really the main issue is the dialogue being pretty low quality. the middle of the movie drags specifically because of the dialogue. there's very little going on EXCEPT dialogue and since it's so bad it's a slog. now look at GotG movies and when there's basically just dialogue it's still good because it's clever and fun. this isn't.

It was more the reviews that said it was amazing.

I've only watched Gotg2 once, zero desire to watch it again. Could care less about tut directors reputation

• 1Like

Goatface

finally finished it, really didn't care for anything in the 1st half. the big harley fight with the very accommodating stuntmen was just total ass. rat girl's story was bad. king shark in the 2nd half was the only highlight of the movie.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It was more the reviews that said it was amazing.

I've only watched Gotg2 once, zero desire to watch it again. Could care less about tut directors reputation
I think after tomorrow war, it's painfully obvious that Chris Pratt does something to elevate even total shit movies. After that movie I have to reevalute everything he's been in, cause that movie likely would have been hot garbage without him. Gun is probably a decent directer who does good casting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Thought it was entertaining, its not been mentioned but i normally think Joel Kinnamin or whatever his name, is a shit actor but this was his best performace ive seen

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I find the Margot's Harley annoying anytime shes on screen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No one walked out, but I remember the theater clapping as the screen going dark, then it would fade it and there would be a collective groan from the audience after like the 2nd or 3rd "false" ending

Likewise in my theater, there was audible noise after the 2nd or 3rd false ending. The theater started becoming rowdy as I tried to intently listen to what was going on. Everyone started acting out.

Kids started laying sideways across 3-4 chairs, splayed out, rolling around, and a bunch of monkey antics. That may have contributed to my walkout as I was trying to give the ending a chance, the atmosphere just became chaotic.

I ended up deciding Jackson was responsible for this behavior and vacated the premises.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think after tomorrow war, it's painfully obvious that Chris Pratt does something to elevate even total shit movies. After that movie I have to reevalute everything he's been in, cause that movie likely would have been hot garbage without him. Gun is probably a decent directer who does good casting.

Casting, at least in a franchise movie like Marvel/DC will almost definitely be done by the likes of Kevin Feige, rather than a "hired" Director

Sterling

El Presidente
Casting is definitely a part of it. This movie has some actors I generally like, but GotG just seem to have better chemistry and better comic delivery.

Juvarisx

Florida
Casting is definitely a part of it. This movie has some actors I generally like, but GotG just seem to have better chemistry and better comic delivery.

GoTG had the benefit of having two really funny actors in Bautista and Pratt. This one had Cena which was a good start, but he was a different kind of lunatic then Drax and really could have used Rick Flagg being a bit more of a goofball like Starlord is. The movie was fine, these people are not generally friends or a "family" like the Guardians so the dynamic was missing but it would have felt weird to the story if everyone was buddy buddy like Harley and Boomerang. Its alteast better then all the other DC shit and even a few of the Marvel movies. I enjoyed it more then GoTG 2 at any rate. Viola Davis' performance is underrated here too, here soulless look was PERFECT for her role.

The fact they were fighting a giant starfish is a good sign for DC though, they need to stop taking things so Zack Synerverse serious with their movies.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
GoTG had the benefit of having two really funny actors in Bautista and Pratt. This one had Cena which was a good start, but he was a different kind of lunatic then Drax and really could have used Rick Flagg being a bit more of a goofball like Starlord is. The movie was fine, these people are not generally friends or a "family" like the Guardians so the dynamic was missing but it would have felt weird to the story if everyone was buddy buddy like Harley and Boomerang. Its alteast better then all the other DC shit and even a few of the Marvel movies. I enjoyed it more then GoTG 2 at any rate. Viola Davis' performance is underrated here too, here soulless look was PERFECT for her role.

The fact they were fighting a giant starfish is a good sign for DC though, they need to stop taking things so Zack Synerverse serious with their movies.

He really just wanted to look at stars, was that too much to ask?

• 1Garbage

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Thats what they should of made instead of a Cena solo show.
Make the Elba/Cena buddy cop show and just openly mock Falcon and the Winter Solder, then advertise it as "The post movie buddy series we all deserved"

King shark NEEDS to be in the next aquaman
This actually happens to some degree in the Harley Quinn animated series and they get some interplay time, including Aquaman telling KS that his mother would be ashamed of him.... Of course in that series they also refer to Aquaman as "The Dickens of the Deep".....

Homsar

I dont know if i can handle a peacemaker show, i hated that character more than Waller i think. Flagg i liked a lot more in the movie than i thought i would. Cena and all the actors did great for their parts.

Take out the middle slow quinn stuff, and make the other suicide squad have and extra mission and i think it would have been great.

Last edited: