The Suicide Squad (2021)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I also feel like the opening was ripping off macgrubber

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I dont know if i can handle a peacemaker show, i hated that character more than Waller i think. Flagg i liked a lot more in the movie than i thought i would. Cena and all the actors did great for their parts.

Take out the middle slow quinn stuff, and make the other suicide squad have and extra mission and i think it would have been great.

I bet a fan edit, cutting all the middle harley shit and the rat person's daddy story, and a few other things would be a really tight decent movie. I don't think any additional footage is needed.

I love movies that are just paced perfectly. I think one of the best paced movies ever is Infinity War, I can turn it on and it feels like five minutes later they're fighting Thanos at the end. It's so perfectly done.

• 1Like

Homsar

Also they should have use polka dot man differently. He should have thrown specific discs instead of just it being an exploding disc everytime

spronk

FPS noob
him vs giant mom at the end was pretty funny

the "bad guy" in this movie was really bizarre, the guy with shit sticking out of his head was just lame and i kept expecting a reveal that he was being controlled by starro the past 30 years but nope, he's just a guy who likes torturing dogs aliens i guess? all the villain stuff was super lame and needed a massive rewrite, if they really wanted to jam Harley Quinn down our throats they should have made her the ultimate villain who was 3 steps ahead of everyone all along.

But brain guy + bizarre alien + rando generals + freedom fighters + weird ass "creature jail" just was simultaneously overly complicated and super underwhelming. Also SUPER bizarre that Amanda Waller just did not give a single FUCK that a giant alien kaiju was going to take over a nation, that entire subplot of her staff staging a revolt "for the kids" was so shitty. There wasn't even a hint that 30 years of research into Starro accomplished anything.

a version of Harley being the mastermind somehow, rapidly killing most of the other cast and her goal is just releasing starro and causing mayhem is very Joker-esque and coulda been fun. They would not do it I bet though because they don't want Harley to be "derived" from Joker or "evil", which is a shame. James Gunn can setup decent teams but his villains have all been pretty mediocre.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Highbrow entertainment this wasn't, even by the standards of comic movies, but fuck it, I had fun. How is it that King Shark has absolutely no consistency in his characterization between one comic/show/movie/game and the next, and yet he always manages to be the best? Boggles the mind, but I'm not going to complain about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
31 minutes in, yeah i can see why Araysar stopped here. this is bad.

-edit,
watched the whole drawn out movie. could have been 90 minutes, but it was so self indulgent they had to keep going. i bet they wanted to make this 5 hours. there were a few cool scenes, even a few chuckles. but it was so overly long i didnt care by the end. what a waste of Idris Elba and bigger waste of Michael Rooker.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
spoiler chuk, it's not supposed to be good

its fucking suicide squad

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize the title related to how you'd feel watching it, tho.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bunch of crotchety old fucks in here. This shit was hilarious.

Weird Harley parts were overdone, but the rest of the cast was awesome.

Is John Cena even human? He looks like an abnormally tall dwarf lol.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the hate. I think its the best DC movie they have put out.

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bunch of crotchety old fucks in here. This shit was hilarious.

Weird Harley parts were overdone, but the rest of the cast was awesome.

Is John Cena even human? He looks like an abnormally tall dwarf lol.
it would have been much better if it was shorter, it needed to be edited for a much snappier run time. and for fucks sake stop making Harley Quinn so invulnerable to everything. she isnt a super hero, she's just a psycho chick that Joker fucked.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed it as a fun popcorn flick but it could have done a 30 minute trim

Much better than the last two but had some flaws. Cena, Idris and King Shark nailed it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i agree w/ the 20-30 min trim

also spronk's rework of Harley Quinn sounds like the play. lastly, I'm not an Elba stan, but he sold everything. The Elba acting was AAA and his scenes anchored the movie.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Cena needs to make his own version of the A-Team based on his music video. I would watch the hell out of it.

Homsar

him vs giant mom at the end was pretty funny

the "bad guy" in this movie was really bizarre, the guy with shit sticking out of his head was just lame and i kept expecting a reveal that he was being controlled by starro the past 30 years but nope, he's just a guy who likes torturing dogs aliens i guess? all the villain stuff was super lame and needed a massive rewrite, if they really wanted to jam Harley Quinn down our throats they should have made her the ultimate villain who was 3 steps ahead of everyone all along.

But brain guy + bizarre alien + rando generals + freedom fighters + weird ass "creature jail" just was simultaneously overly complicated and super underwhelming. Also SUPER bizarre that Amanda Waller just did not give a single FUCK that a giant alien kaiju was going to take over a nation, that entire subplot of her staff staging a revolt "for the kids" was so shitty. There wasn't even a hint that 30 years of research into Starro accomplished anything.

a version of Harley being the mastermind somehow, rapidly killing most of the other cast and her goal is just releasing starro and causing mayhem is very Joker-esque and coulda been fun. They would not do it I bet though because they don't want Harley to be "derived" from Joker or "evil", which is a shame. James Gunn can setup decent teams but his villains have all been pretty mediocre.

They under used Thinker like all the other characters, i didnt notice that polka dot was dancing with his mom at the club the first go around. Ill watch this again for Sebatian, king shark ect oh and more weasil

If it was a disney movie they would have milked the shit out of Sebatian, Weasil and King shark

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I followed the hype leading up to this release pretty closely. That shit got pretty hyperbolic really quick and I was buying all in. Based on the pre-hype I would say I was a bit disappointed. But just watching this with a good grounding in what the SS is all about, I think this did a pretty great job of delivering. The whole intro scene masacre was incredibly well done. There were some really great moments in this largely based around King Shark, Harley, Polkadot Man, and Ratcatcher 2, but it was going up against a pretty low bar set by the first one. I hate to say it, but this is just a serious mixed bag. I don't know that I have ever enjoyed a movie yet been left flat at the end more than this one.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
swedish black harley quinn IRL

NINTCHDBPICT000671660754.jpg

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cut out harley love story
cut out spanish ppl
cut out rat story
shorten starfish fight

and it's 8/10 and you save 30mins of life

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Absolute horse shit of a movie. I know so many want DC to be a thing but you will have to finally admit: DC can't make a movie worth a shit. Only franchise worth watching was Dark Knight and only because of who was at the helm. DC will never be Marvel, and thank God, because besides Spiderman, no comic franchise has wasted so much time and money on Re Origin movies as DC has, its fucking embarrassing.

The plot, pace, alien monster (seriously what the ever living fuck was that), America Bad, stupid techie control room scenes, cringy acting and comedy, Harley Quinn is shit without joker, try hard bullshit to be a dark comedy, shark guy was retarded both literally and figuratively, polka dot guy who gives a shit. Maybe I went in negative but they never attempted to change my mind, they succeeded at continuing the eversucking DC Universe.

How the guy that made the GOTG masterpieces turn this shit out only leaves me believing the source material is trash. 1/10 for Idris, but he seems to do anything for a paycheck.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm happy they finally gave Starro some popular media attention. Motherfucker has been around since 1960 and never got the respect he deserves.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users