The Tattoo Thread

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Be a man and get some black work done. If I had some money I'd probably get my left leg done but Portland tattoo artists all charge way too much(120~ an hour) even as a mediocre artist.
rrr_img_37755.jpg
Sweet holy shit. I've never seen anything like that--that must have taken days and days to colour in. I can't even imagine doin that!

dawg021_sl

shitlord
getting a cover up done starting next week on this sweet "Im 17 and in the army reserve" tattoo. the word friend looks so fucked up because he misspelled it... yea Awesome.

rrr_img_36217.jpg

This is whats going over it.

rrr_img_36218.jpg

It is a bronze Plaque that was created by Silvia Pecota it is titled "Fallen Comrade" One of the plaques was on the Canadian Memorial in Kandahar Air Field until the end of our combat mission.

rrr_img_39578.jpg
rrr_img_39579.jpg
rrr_img_39580.jpg

Almost done , have to go back once it heals up to do the detail work on the faces , add the whites to the rocks and do the background shading.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
That girl I'm deeply in love with.
Sorry for the lighting, looks better without the camera flash on it.
Also still has some dead skin to flake off, got it end of August. (mainly visible in the outlines)

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have had several friends in relationships that got their SO tattooed on them in some way. Guess how many of them are still together. Zero, that's right, not one of them is still with the person they were forever on their body.

I mean shit, I love my wife, and I plan on being with her till the day I die. I even think that nothing can break us up because we have such a strong bond and relationship, but there is no chance I would get anything resembling her or referring to her tattooed on me.

The only time it is okay to get a tattoo that is or references another human being is when it is your own children, or amemorialfor immediate family, IE. mother, father, grandfather, grandmother...or in very rare circumstances a family member you were ultra close to. However if you get a close relative on you, you better carry proof that it is actually a relative.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
That girl I'm deeply in love with.
Sorry for the lighting, looks better without the camera flash on it.
Also still has some dead skin to flake off, got it end of August. (mainly visible in the outlines)
I hope that Marie is your daughter or mother, because getting SO names always goes bad. I have my Father's signature across my foot, and that's the only name going on me.

That being said: your tattoo is a beautiful example of the American Tradition style--your artist did a fantastic job!

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I used to date a tattoo artist and one day asked her what's the absolute worst one she's ever done. She had some regular come in, who had a key tattoo'd above his junk, with a girl who got a keyhole above her pussy.

Twist is: not the first girl he brought in to get that exact tattoo.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Marie is my daughter guys, don't you read the parent thread?

The owner of the studio flat out said that she doesn't do names of partners.

Tattoo was done by a guy from Argentina. Somewhat interesting how tattoo artists seem to travel the world and do a few weeks here and there.
I initially had my appointment with a guest tattoo artist from Italy, but got lucky that a spot opened up a week earlier with the other guy. The man from Italy does amazing work if you want skulls or something, but the one I ended up with has a nice portfolio of traditional stuff.

Next kid I'm doing it again.

My grandmother was also named Marie btw so in case my kid ever hates me for having her name on my arm, i have a backup plan.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider

All he had was "a heart with a banner & Marie on it" ... love what he came up with.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gonna have to go with everyone else here and agree. Getting the name of your SO is stupid. friend of mine had her boyfriends name ink'd all the way up her ribs, when they split she felt retarded.

I have one for my mom after she passed, and 2 for my sister, 1 for her birthday and 1 for when she passed earlier this year. Would never in my life consider getting my wife or girlfriend though.

I'm retarded: if it's for yor daughter, go hard man. There will never be a reason to regret that one

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I'm disappointed it was your daughter, I really wanted to suggest that when your SO split, that you get one that said "Skyler" to match it on your other arm, and just replicate that Breaking Bad meth one from further up in the thread on your back or something - TADA, instant theme work!