The Tattoo Thread

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thinking of getting a third tattoo, starting just below my armpit and going down my ribs. The idea is that I've lived in a few different cities and countries, and plan to continue doing so. Im going to get start a list of the places I've lived for a year or more, with the city name, country name, and below it in smaller text the longitude and latitude, and then keep adding to the list as I live in new places. Any thoughts/comments? Is it a spot thats gonna be a pain to get lots of small work done? Any fonts work better than other?

Furiouss1_sl

shitlord
The next piece from Realink coming along nicely. Not my back. Just posting pics of my friends creations. I cannot stress this enough. If you ever find yourself in the Kansas City area and want some incredible work done.
rrr_img_30423.jpg

Archangel_sl

shitlord
The next piece from Realink coming along nicely. Not my back. Just posting pics of my friends creations. I cannot stress this enough. If you ever find yourself in the Kansas City area and want some incredible work done.
rrr_img_30423.jpg
....that's a LOT of green and black packed tightly together...I can't help but think its going to look like complete rubbish in 5-10 years.
frown.png

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Thinking of getting a third tattoo, starting just below my armpit and going down my ribs. The idea is that I've lived in a few different cities and countries, and plan to continue doing so. Im going to get start a list of the places I've lived for a year or more, with the city name, country name, and below it in smaller text the longitude and latitude, and then keep adding to the list as I live in new places. Any thoughts/comments? Is it a spot thats gonna be a pain to get lots of small work done? Any fonts work better than other?
I like the idea, though you should know that ribs are a stone fucking bitch. Not as bad as the foot, but still. As for text fonts, I'm not certain, as I haven't looked into them myself. They can go very wrong, so research is definitely warranted.

lindz

#DDs
Trying to decide where to put my second tattoo. The plan is a heart made of my kids names in a cursive font but not sure where to put it. Right now I'm thinking either the side of my ribcage (below armpit, beside boob) or possibly wrist. My concerns with those two places: wrist may be too small for that type of tattoo, ribcage isn't a place I'll be able to see often without looking in a mirror (then it will be backwards). Any advice/ideas? I'm not a fan of super obvious or visible tattoos, my first is just inside my hip bone, at about panty line.

Here is a pic of what I'm think of. It will be three names instead of the weight and birth date.
rrr_img_30718.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I like the idea, though you should know that ribs are a stone fucking bitch.
I will second this. I think ribcage tattoos look great, but they hurt like a mother fucker. So just go in prepared to suffer for a bit. Totally worth it though.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
Dude, fucking badass. So is the NBXmas one up there, too. Holy shit.
Going in for color from the elbow down on Tuesday. Will post a picture afterwards.

Edit: ended up getting pretty sick this past week thanks to the kid that sat next to me at Man of Steel. Rescheduled to next Tuesday, but may end up pushing it further back.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ipad fukin sucks and wife wont get it as its "ghey" to post photos on a board with peeps i dunno.
It goes almost full rib

I'm debating on getting my first tattoo(s).

Idea 1: A cladogram with the 5 kingdoms on the middle of my upper back. Reppin' Science.

Idea 2: Google "Scythian tattoo art." I'm thinking of seeing if an artist can draw me up a Bear with the Scythian tribal style for my shoulder. Black and white. Not douchey bro tribal, but Scythian tribal, which looks more elegant, prehistoric, Greek mythological-ish to me.

Honorable Mention: a cactuar with a mustache. Cus, why not?

Ghey ideas? or is there any potential here?

Siliconemelons

I am fairly sure he is saying

I am on my ipad and it sucks I cant post a pic, or my wife will not get my ipad so I can post a pic and it sucks- she wont / does not want me to post a pic on a board of random people we/I do not know - my tattoo goes almost across/ down / around my full ribcage / rib area.

He is speaking semi-xadionese so I can help translate. ;-)

I am trying to get my wife's Chinese grandfather to give me some calligraphy of my wife and kids names to have then replicated on my arm. I do not know if I can trust a place just to walk in and ask for it- and I most defiantly will at lease provide that characters printed out for them... I do not want special order combo number 5 on my arm when I go to visit them ;-)

Dryst_sl

shitlord
Do you guys have any experience with laser tattoo removal? I got a shitty tribal tattoo when I was 18 that I cannot fucking stand now 10 years later. Sadly, it was done by a professional, it has barely faded over 10 years. Now i'm debating on either laser tattoo removal or getting a better cover up. From my online research, tattoo removal looks sketchy at best. The only people with decent results have awful single color prison tattoos.

Attached is a pic from when I first got it done at 18, you can tell I was a fucking douchebag by the tank top and sweet bro necklace. How hard would this be to cover up? I wouldn't want it to go too much further down my arm, I just want it to not look like a big fucking fagotty swirl.

I would love something like this, I just don't know if it's possible unless I get the tattoo extended further down my arm.http://24.media.tumblr.com/5e8e03f45...ao2o2_1280.jpg

rrr_img_35248.jpg