The Tomorrow People

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Another old sci-fi show making a return in a new form. Doesn't look half bad. Has Lucifer from Supernatural as the bad guy

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Awesome. Had no idea this was coming back.

Now if they'd just remake Into the Labyrinth I'll be happy.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
the title sounds like something from The Langoliers
Well, it's an ancient BBC show, and they are probably keeping the same name to try to get old fans of the show to notice it.

Same producer as Arrow, so hopefully it's as good as that show. But they're teenagers, so we will probably get lots of angst and teen relationship drama. Not to mention the whole "reluctant hero" shit from the trailer, made me want to vomit. It's just been used way too many times, I'm tired of some random fuck getting awesome powers and then whining incessantly for several episodes. Other than that, looks pretty good. The original was one of my fave shows back in the day, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This might be alright... if it was a mini series but since that never seems to happen in the US it will probably end up being a whiny/angsty drudge over the course of 10+ episodes before anything interesting happens.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They have rebooted Tomorrow People a couple of times. The one you are thinking of was from the 90s. This will be the first big budget and sexed up version so it will be interesting to see what Brit purists think of it

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't there a show like this on nickelodeon years back? (15-20) ?
Yeah, 30 years ago (81-84ish). It was called "The Third Eye", and included Under the Mountain, Into the Labyrinth, and other cult kid sci-fi stuff. All except Doctor Who
tongue.png

tongue.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, it's an ancient BBC show, and they are probably keeping the same name to try to get old fans of the show to notice it.

Same producer as Arrow, so hopefully it's as good as that show. But they're teenagers, so we will probably get lots of angst and teen relationship drama. Not to mention the whole "reluctant hero" shit from the trailer, made me want to vomit. It's just been used way too many times, I'm tired of some random fuck getting awesome powers and then whining incessantly for several episodes. Other than that, looks pretty good. The original was one of my fave shows back in the day, so I'll definitely give it a shot.
I used to watch the original as a kid and was really liking it until it just stopped mid season. I am not sure if that was because the show was cancelled or the local PBS just stopped showing it for some reason.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Just ran into a promo for this, glad thread already exists.
Premieres: Wednesday, Oct. 9

Same as vid from OP, just better quality

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was not actually all that bad. i'll continue to watch to see, but i'm a sucker for any super human type shows.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pretty decent. Stays true to the original material but nicely updated with a bit more tension. The ending wasn't what I was expecting coming into the whole thing, but Lucifer as a main character is a welcome sight. Funny that the CW gets to have an X-men mutant angst show paired with Arrow when Disney/Marvel can't touch the topic without running afoul of their tangled web of IP.

Having an Amell family 2 hour block is amusing as hell.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
To my shame I've heard of but never watched the original, watched this and enjoyed it. The "twist" at the end gave me a much more favourable outlook on the show going forward. The on-the-run from the evil oppressors trope is so overdone.

His cousin can deffo kick his arse though!

Will Nina from 24 turn out to be a mole?
smile.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked it, will continue to watch. I love Kara's (hope that's her name) eyes. Well, and the rest of her of course, but the eyes in particular.

My favorite part was that they pretty much got all of the origin story and motivation covered in the first episode. I know there will be reveals about his dad, other characters, etc. later on, but all the typical angst over not knowing what is going on, finding out he has powers, finding out about his dad, blah blah is already done.

faille

Molten Core Raider
They certainly dumped a ton of information, almost too much. Seemed like an explanation show, but probably good that it's done and out of the way. great twist with how it ended, though still feels a little false, but interested in how it plays out.

Worried about the usual problems that will crop up. Here are a bunch of people with various super powers, but funnily enough it ends up in fisticuffs so regularly. They did do some effort at showing the integration of the powers, but I have a feeling there will be many annoying moments of seeing the lack of using their powers appropriately.

Still, good enough to keep watching.