The Tomorrow People

Lusiphur

Peasant
Interesting enough to make me watch a couple more. I don't think you can ask for much more from a pilot really.

Goatface

thing that slightly bothered me, they explained everything to us, but dude didn't ask any questions

sadly going to guess their powers will only be defined by what the plot calls for. their porting ability already seems godlike compared to other examples i can think of.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing I liked about this show is that in a way, you can understand both sides of the fight. Kids/teenagers suddenly finding out they can teleport/use telekinesis would be a very big danger to society if they were not properly educated about when to and not to use their power. I was a bit surprised about the apparent number of potentials. Seems a little bit high and uncontrollable for both sides if that map were a true indication. I assume "the man" has many branches throughout the world? This begs the question as to who is actually in control of the hunt and destroy/control campaign. Maybe they go all Star Wars and you find out that the Dad was converted to the dark side and thus was "Killed". Should be interesting as this is pretty much an X-men kind of story.

The "Unable to kill" is an interesting control element for the story...

Goatface

rewatched the scene with the map and he says "so many outbreaks....all over the world", but pretty sure the map was just some eye candy and not really showing them

the map(anyone know what program that is, lol) is the Earth at Night series from Nasa and it is cycling through so at one point japan is nearly all white then it goes nearly dark

Terial

Trakanon Raider
yea if that map were a true representation of the "outbreak" then there is no way normal people would not know at this point.. that's a HUGE amount of white on that map.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the unuse of power is going to really shit me.
Hey lets have a chase where we'll use out teleportation power to go throw a wall and appear on the otherside, rather than anywhere else in the city, country world that would instantly make you safe.
Here's something that will stop them reading your mind, but it won't be sus at all that all of a sudden you're a blank where before they could pick up on things. etc etc

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well at least they arent using sloppy crutches. When the watch showed up I groaned, but then Lucifer snatched that puppy away right quick. That having been said I fully expect that he will end up working for Steven's father who is using ULTRA and the hunt for the Tomorrow People as cannon fodder for the authorities to distract them from some sort of Utopia. We are already seeing that the father is more than willing to use people in his quest for the 'bigger picture'

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the unuse of power is going to really shit me.
Hey lets have a chase where we'll use out teleportation power to go throw a wall and appear on the otherside, rather than anywhere else in the city, country world that would instantly make you safe.
Here's something that will stop them reading your mind, but it won't be sus at all that all of a sudden you're a blank where before they could pick up on things. etc etc
I agree that the mind read aspect is going to be a tightrope that the writers will constantly be walking. Why not just read the person when they do not expect it...as an example. I also think the mother knows..everything, and might even be one. The part that kind of burns me is the whole " They cannot kill somebody without getting a headache" portion of this story. It reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Spike had the anti-human chip in his head. I want to know the rules behind this. They showed that a person could be pushed to the edge and in that way bypass the no kill clause. What happens if they just shoot a person in the head? Would the shooter's head explode or would it just be painful for a split second? If just painful, I am pretty sure that killing Lucifer would be worth the small temporary migraine associated with the act.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, the inability to kill is pretty retarded (can't remember if it was in the original series), and we're only in the second episode and they've already bent/broke that rule. Also, they haven't really explained the limitations of the teleportation. In the old show their range was pretty short but they had belts/bracelets that gave them a major boost.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They cannot directly kill but I don't think it really stops them from say having somebody walk out into the street or even potentially walking off a roof you are just telling them to walk straight so that is what they do and at the point you tell them to do it its not directly fatal.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They cannot directly kill but I don't think it really stops them from say having somebody walk out into the street or even potentially walking off a roof you are just telling them to walk straight so that is what they do and at the point you tell them to do it its not directly fatal.
No, dude, just no. There's no observer watching their actions and pushing a button if they try to kill someone. It's supposedly a genetic mutation, just like their tele abilities. All it takes is the *intent* to kill. Let's just agree it's retarded and leave it at that.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Well that got real shit. Real quick. I was rolling my eyes *hard* throughout that whole episode. Disbelief got suspended real quick, the family sub-plot is cliche-ridden, the 'conflict' over the hot chick too teen drama and the fact that the baddy knows just way too obvious.
I will give this a few more episodes but it better get a lot better soon.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Jedikiah is the best part of this series so far. Awesome actor and his motivations are much more complex than your usual villain. The sheer level of pride you could see when he was talking to John in the car was quite evident. Despite everything else he is pleased with what John has become, to the extent that it seems certain that his actual motivations are quite a bit different from what he reports to whoever his superior is.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only actor I like is john and his dad. Jedikihah? Episode 4 was the only good episode. Main actor can't hold the show like his cousin

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Show is ok for me, despite a few glaring flaws. Like the fact that this dude they just made normal can still have his mind read by ULTRA and give away the location of their hideout. But all of that aside, I will keep watching if Cara keeps looking hot as fuck. I couldn't find a better picture, but in this dress tonight...wow.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That reveal finally makes sense except the camera incident during the hike. Unless she was stalking them. The brother seemed to young for a breakout considering it just happened to Steven.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That reveal finally makes sense except the camera incident during the hike. Unless she was stalking them. The brother seemed to young for a breakout considering it just happened to Steven.
If I remember correctly the mom met up with them like 2 seconds after the camera incident, so she could have easily done it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This show is definitely growing on me. There's plenty of stupid shit still, but overall it is entertaining, and Cara is hot as fuck. I've suspected this reveal for awhile now, but nice to finally see it.

The thing I like most about it though, is that it is already downloaded by freaking 4pm here! Some Canadian station must play it early as fuck for it to be available that soon.