The Tomorrow War (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
The Tomorrowerer War
The Day After Tomorrow War
Tomorrow? War? No!

Last edited:

Caliane

Well, in the present there had been only one queen, because killing the one queen seemed to eliminate the alien threat.

Also, the only reason a "toxin" needed to be created is to allow Pratt to travel to the future and reconcile with his daughter. It's a plot element only. The queen was vulnerable to sedatives, which means probably other drugs would have worked. A Michael Jackson-sized dose of Propofol would have probably killed her. A mega dose of succinylcholine. Beyond that....what about just fucking bullets? You're telling me queens are bullet-proof?

So the ONLY thing you needed to do was to figure out where the queen was in the present time - there was no need to travel to the future. Future woman could have traveled back to the past with an alien tooth, fat black psuedo scientist guy analyzes it, nerdy black kid makes the volcano connection, they head to Russia, find the aliens and blow their shit up with conventional weapons. Because once they found the alien craft, they could have destroyed it by any number of means, not just the toxin. Let's also not forget the stupidity of them randomly injecting aliens with the toxins instead of identifying which one was the queen first (you know, the one with the red gills?). Of course, that whole sequence was just there to set up the 15 minutes "final confrontation" finale.
one of the many ways they fucked it up, and could have/should have, is treat the toxin like a fucking toxin.
you want to kill ants, you don't make up a tank of Sevin, then put it into a bunch of individual needles and walk around and poke each ant individually..
you broad spray the fuckers, put it in their food, or spray the ground and they ingest it just by walking over it.

if bullets work, you don't need the toxin. none of that makes any sense. even, her plan. make the toxin to kill it in the past. ok. but, what was her plan for applying the toxin? seed the clouds? or.. .was it also to find the spaceship and manually inject it?

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Little of it makes sense. The worst part for me is if these aliens destroyed all the world's militaries even with technology 30 years ahead of our time, how is sending a bunch of gimps with ancient weaponry a few thousand at a time going to make any difference?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
was it also to find the spaceship and manually inject it?
It was awfully convenient how the aliens where kept inside those easily penetrable plastic bags.

Also who keeps incredibly viscous and deadly creatures in such flimsy containers?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
one of the many ways they fucked it up, and could have/should have, is treat the toxin like a fucking toxin.
you want to kill ants, you don't make up a tank of Sevin, then put it into a bunch of individual needles and walk around and poke each ant individually..
you broad spray the fuckers, put it in their food, or spray the ground and they ingest it just by walking over it.

if bullets work, you don't need the toxin. none of that makes any sense. even, her plan. make the toxin to kill it in the past. ok. but, what was her plan for applying the toxin? seed the clouds? or.. .was it also to find the spaceship and manually inject it?

Surprised no one is wondering how Pratt managed to stick the female with the toxin at the end, in one of her bulletproof ( but not teethproof) arms.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The one queen has molted in to a SUPER QUEEN and they have to fight that combined with the queen from the future and a pile of eggs hatching.
Sounds like it would be pretty difficult for our heroes to get out of that predicament.

ec5639047effa73fa6cc654b10a1e1a5826895b7.gifv

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Tomorrowerer War
The Day After Tomorrow War
Tomorrow? War? No!

everytime i see this picture i laugh at how flared that dude's elbow is.

it legitimately looks photoshopped to be sticking up so high

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its so funny, because in 2021 black excellence is at an all time high as far as exposure and big tech/media companies giving support to black stories, so with this release we see an inordinate amount of black people in this movie's version of reality.

Yet, even with all of the black, there is still a white male and female lead LOL. Hollywood is soooo good. They really know how to check every box but still be inherently racist lol. I love it because most joggers are probably happy with the way this movie portrays black people, and dont even notie the white main protagonist in the sea of nigresses.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like it would be pretty difficult for our heroes to get out of that predicament.

ec5639047effa73fa6cc654b10a1e1a5826895b7.gifv
Something about this man's face makes it very punchable. I think its the camera angle combined with the neckbeard.

• 1Worf

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Yet, even with all of the black, there is still a white male and female lead LOL. Hollywood is soooo good. They really know how to check every box but still be inherently racist lol. I love it because most joggers are probably happy with the way this movie portrays black people, and dont even notie the white main protagonist in the sea of nigresses.
They really went all in. How many black supporting characters does it take to equal 2 main white leads? All of them it seemed like. It also looked like every other race had somehow vanished. That's what they call progress I guess.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I had the misfortune of watching this at a friend’s house yesterday. Aggressively awful — acting was horrible, plot is horrible. Very made for TV movie feeling. Embarrassing for everyone involved. At no point are you made to give a shit about any of the characters. Hokey as fuck.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
the Aliens were so utterly uninteresting, they were literally random video game trash mobs that yelled and stabbed things. They have scary mouths!
I was thinking about this as I watched it. Most movie creature designs are kinda garbage these days. They've leaned too far into "we tried to sample from nature" and have forgotten to make them cool and interesting to look at. After Stan Winston died it's been all downhill.

The dead "other" aliens in the ship looked like they might've been cooler

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought they looked decent in the beginning but then we're seeing them up close and in fully lit environments after only a few minutes. It also wouldn't surprise me if the objectively looked better during their introduction, like they had more time and money on those effect shots than the later ones.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Iso with this release we see an inordinate amount of black people in this movie's version of reality.
It really was apparent. You have to make a conscious decision to not have many white people in a country where they make up the majority.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity