The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
He also said the he believed Zimmerman's injuries were life threatening. I'm not sure why the prosecution let him get away with saying that since his opinion on the matter shouldn't mean anything. This trial is a fucking joke... is this really all the prosecution can bring? If so, it clearly should have never gone to trial. It's pretty sad because you shouldn't be able to get away with killing someone (let alone a child) just because they beat you up a little bit.
The special prosecutor should be convicted of perjury and executed in the town square. This is a sham political trial meant to appease a racial community. It is the antithesis of the rule of law and she should pay the iron price.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
He also said the he believed Zimmerman's injuries were life threatening. I'm not sure why the prosecution let him get away with saying that since his opinion on the matter shouldn't mean anything.
Really wouldn't of mattered because the next question asked if that was objected to would be:

"If you were on the ground alone with your attacker on top of you, getting punched in the face and your head hit against the ground not knowing when or if the attacker would stop, would you say at that moment that you feared for your life?"

I think a very clear majority of people would fear for their lives in that case. Legitimate shots have been fired over much less.

This was a piss poor case to start and the only reason it was brought to trial was to appease racial tension which likely will blow right the fuck up regardless once the verdict is read.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I don't talk out of my ass. Link some feminist propaganda bullshit in this thread. I'm sure everyone wants to read articles you think are amazing that blame everything such as homelessness on patriarchy.
"I don't talk out of my ass..." (...Proceeds to talk out of his ass.)

Darshu_sl

shitlord
So does this part of today's testimony change any opinions. Be aware that this statement is from statement Zimmerman gave detectives the night of the shooting. It gives a reason other than Zimmerman was chasing Martin down as to why he wasn't in his truck. A completely reasonable one based on what was being said to the police dispatcher:
Zimmerman:If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, that's my truck...[unintelligible]
Dispatcher:What address are you parked in front of?
Zimmerman:I don't know, it's a cut through so I don't know the address.
Dispatcher:Okay do you live in the area?
Zimmerman:Yeah, I...[unintelligible]

"Zimmerman told the police officer that he lost track of Martin and got out of his truck to look for a street name he could relay to police dispatcher. When the dispatcher suggested Zimmerman didn't need to follow Martin, Zimmerman started to head back to his vehicle. "

Sources:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...a79_story.html- article source

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...immerman.html*- Zimmerman police call

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Words have specific meanings.
child noun, often attributive \'chi(-?)ld\
plural chil?dren

Definition of CHILD

a : an unborn or recently born person
b dialect : a female infant
a : a young person especially between infancy and youth
b : a childlike or childish person
c : a person not yet of age
Not sure what your point is?

c : a person not yet of age

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The special prosecutor should be convicted of perjury and executed in the town square. This is a sham political trial meant to appease a racial community. It is the antithesis of the rule of law and she should pay the iron price.
you gonna pull the trigger, ya big pussy?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
At this rate the Defense can just rest when the Prosecution does, honestly.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The way we are heading into a police state tanoomba could have an exciting new career in thought policing!
rrr_img_33922.jpg

rrr_img_33923.jpg

rrr_img_33924.png
Those are very insightful observations... are they supposed to apply to me?
Funny, I don't remember ever saying I was a liberal.
I also don't remember ever saying being racist made someone wrong. I said being racist made it difficult to have one's opinion on anything (especially race-related issues) be taken seriously when said racist has already demonstrated an eager willingness to make judgement on someone based on their race. Put another way, being a racist pretty much makes you an idiot, so how much faith can I put in your intelligent, well-thought-out point of view?
An obese guy might have a PHD indietetics, but damned if I'm gonna let him give me advice on living a healthy lifestyle.

Also, I hope you realize that those "clever" pics were just created by assholes to make other assholes feel better about being assholes.
Are they working?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope this thread stays out of the rickshaw until after the verdict so it covers the epic race war thats about to take place, then it can retire to the HoF

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I also don't remember ever saying being racist made someone wrong. I said being racist made it difficult to have one's opinion on anything (especially race-related issues) be taken seriously when said racist has already demonstrated an eager willingness to make judgement on someone based on their race. Put another way, being a racist pretty much makes you an idiot, so how much faith can I put in your intelligent, well-thought-out point of view?
An obese guy might have a PHD in nutritionology, but damned if I'm gonna let him give me advice on living a healthy lifestyle.
Wow, I'm really glad when we get to see your inner thought processes, because it helps explain how you come to vomit out the dumb that you do. I'm sure that analogy sounded really clever in your head, but it's really showing you speak from emotion and not intelligence. Really puts me in mind of Merlin.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The sad thing is even if Zimmerman is found completely innocent, he's going to be denounced as a miserable racist for the rest of his natural life after all these media hijinks.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Wow, I'm really glad when we get to see your inner thought processes, because it helps explain how you come to vomit out the dumb that you do. I'm sure that analogy sounded really clever in your head, but it's really showing you speak from emotion and not intelligence. Really puts me in mind of Merlin.
Ha ha! That's right, try to dismiss me because I'm calling small-minded racists out on being small-minded racists.
Tell me brother, how would you define racism so it's an intellectually justified decision?
I'd love to hear it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ha ha! That's right, try to dismiss me because I'm calling small-minded racists out on being small-minded racists.
Tell me brother, how would you define racism so it's an intellectually justified decision?
I'd love to hear it.
The person calling everyone racist is probably the person who would run the minute an African American tries to talk to him.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The sad thing is even if Zimmerman is found completely innocent, he's going to be denounced as a miserable racist for the rest of his natural life after all these media hijinks.
You're almost certainly right. Like I said, we should have him live with a black family for a couple of months. Even if he isn't racist, he can be seen as going through a process which gives him more perspective on race issues. He can come out of the experience with insightful observations and an entire black family willing to vouch for him. Heck, he could even get a book deal out of it and make some money while becoming a media darling instead of a villain. I think a reality TV show following his experience would be pushing it and in poor taste, but I wouldn't put it past the media to consider that an option too. You could argue that Zimmerman is under no obligation to appease anybody's anger and you'd be right, but as it's been pointed out: He's gonna have a bad reputation at the end of this case regardless of the outcome, deserved or not. He might as well be proactive about it, give the people what they want (everybody loves a villain turned hero) and make a few bucks too. Everybody's happy.

The person calling everyone racist is probably the person who would run the minute an African American tries to talk to him.
Citation needed.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If he isn't racist, why does he need a perspective on race issues. The whole thing is so comically dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.