The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

Sevens

Log Wizard
Holy shit, that sounds even worse than I thought
and the "fans" were okay with all this? even the pedophilia?
Just fucking gross

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy shit, that sounds even worse than I thought
and the "fans" were okay with all this? even the pedophilia?
Just fucking gross

Well in the movie Jacob makes a statement "It's not what it seems" trying to make it sound like the imprinting process is not sexual. But in the end of the movie it shows Jacob and the kid (now grown up) on the beach together with her resting her head on his shoulder, lol. Fans loved these steaming piles of shit.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I do remember thinking back when I watched them out of boredom on TNT or somewhere that the one redeeming factor was that the mythology was actually somewhat thought out. The vampire dude likes the girl specifically because she's a blank slate since his mind reading powers render any normal person boring to him. The werewolves reemerge due to the increased vampire activity. The italian bad vampires actually had a somewhat reasonable motivation trying to capture the precog, and the girl who was invisible to the precog. Of course the movies did a terrible job with all that but I could see some ideas that could have promise in a non teen romance vehicle.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just going to leave this here.

6b688380ee36642db309e8046049aa65.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movies could have been so much more entertaining if a different approach had been taken.

1597676473614.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I actually read all the books, and watched the movies. Honestly, the movies weren't anywhere near as annoying as the books. Even with Kristen Stewart.

The books I read specifically for two reasons: 1) so I could shit on them with reliable info, because several women I knew would talk about them incessantly on our guild boards or in EQ, real life, etc. and 2) because I've always had aspirations of being an author, and I wanted to see what made these so hugely popular. Now I know the answer to that question is: women are retarded. Yes, that's pretty much it. That's why romance novels that are, as far as I can tell, pretty much the exact same thing from book to book, sell so well. I get books for my sister's Kindle from the high seas, and I'm not joking, she's probably read over 500 shitty romance novels in the past decade. I used to open them up just to make sure the formatting was ok (back when people had to actually scan and OCR them), and just the first page or two of some of them were enough to make me barf.

Fuck it, I'mma find the one that will always be burned into my brain. This is literally the inside cover "synopsis" that is supposed to catch your eye and make you decide to buy the book. This series is currently on AT LEAST book 16!!! After this fucking start.

A dangerous passion…

Wrath walked into the hall, feeling particularly ferocious. Man, Beth had better be alive and well. Or God help whoever had hurt her.

And if she’d decided to avoid him? That didn’t matter. Her body was about to need something only he could provide her. So sooner or later she would come around. Or she would die.

He thought of the soft skin of her neck. Felt the sensation of his tongue stroking over the vein that ran up from her heart.

His fangs elongated as if she were before him. As if he could sink his teeth into her and drink.

Wrath closed his eyes as his body began to shake. His stomach, full with food, turned into a bottomless, achy pit.

He tried to remember the last time he’d fed. It has been a while, but surely not that long ago?

He forced himself to calm down. Get control. It was like trying to slow down a train with a hand brake, but eventually a cooling stream of sanity replaced the whacked-out, bloodlust spins.

As he came back to reality he felt uneasy, his instincts crying out for airtime.

That female was dangerous to him. If she could affect him like this without even being in the damn room, she might just be his pyrocant….

Let the barfs flow.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I do remember thinking back when I watched them out of boredom on TNT or somewhere that the one redeeming factor was that the mythology was actually somewhat thought out. The vampire dude likes the girl specifically because she's a blank slate since his mind reading powers render any normal person boring to him. The werewolves reemerge due to the increased vampire activity. The italian bad vampires actually had a somewhat reasonable motivation trying to capture the precog, and the girl who was invisible to the precog. Of course the movies did a terrible job with all that but I could see some ideas that could have promise in a non teen romance vehicle.
THEY CAN ALSO READ MINDS?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was forced to go see the first movie with my ex at the time and her friends with all their teenage girls.

I had no idea what this was about. Never read the books etc. It wasn't on my radar.

During the movie when all the vampires are pretending to be children in high school and Cedric Diggory is all like I want this kid I yelled out in the middle of a Scottsdale movie theater "HE IS 114 YEARS OLD LUSTING AFTER A 16 YEAR OLD CHILD. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? HE IS A PEDOPHILE"

I have never heard an entire crowd of people just lose their collect shit and start booing like that.

Karen's actually had the manager kick me out.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Szlia

Real vampires actually [...]

Dude....

Joke aside, there are several dfferent takes on the myth of the vampire and I must say I prefer the "wet" vampires, like in Coppola's Dracula, that is greater than life with an unquenchable thirst for food, sex and violence. The hyper-living vampire. The opposite would be the "dry" vampires, like the ones in the PnP RPG Vampire (that are heavily influenced by the Anne Rice books I believe ?) that are almost disincarnate.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The opposite would be the "dry" vampires, like the ones in the PnP RPG Vampire (that are heavily influenced by the Anne Rice books I believe ?) that are almost disincarnate.

Eh, VtM isn't really anything like Anne Rice's world. WoD vampirism is literally a biblical curse and one of the central themes is the struggle to control your bestial side lest it consume you.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was forced to go see the first movie with my ex at the time and her friends with all their teenage girls.

I had no idea what this was about. Never read the books etc. It wasn't on my radar.

During the movie when all the vampires are pretending to be children in high school and Cedric Diggory is all like I want this kid I yelled out in the middle of a Scottsdale movie theater "HE IS 114 YEARS OLD LUSTING AFTER A 16 YEAR OLD CHILD. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? HE IS A PEDOPHILE"

I have never heard an entire crowd of people just lose their collect shit and start booing like that.

Karen's actually had the manager kick me out.

Heroes.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf