The Umbrella Academy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I marathoner it the day it came out, it was a good season. But I must say, god damn do i fucking despise everything Ellen Page.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Soundtrack on this show is fantastic. Golden Briwn by The Strangers is my new (old) favorite song.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
The acting from the cast was a little better I felt this season. Season two also didn't seem to have nearly as much action as season 1. When the hell did Diego get powers?

going to miss Ben's character

Diego 'always' had powers. He can slightly control the flow of air around his body and objects he has touched, which is why he can 'curve' thrown objects. The thing he did at the end, I assumed, was him going 'well, I am dead if I don't - might as well try'.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Diego 'always' had powers. He can slightly control the flow of air around his body and objects he has touched, which is why he can 'curve' thrown objects. The thing he did at the end, I assumed, was him going 'well, I am dead if I don't - might as well try'.

I think it's also him growing into his power. Considering he was made fun of for his power compared to everyone else. Although Luther seems to be kinda worthless with all these other people. If they showed him more invulnerable, like when he takes the RPG to the back in opening episode, he'd be more formidable. Although that RPG should have killed Luther since he hides from bullets and diego cut him with a knife.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Re-watching the first season now because, shit, I dont remember much, lol. But so far gay dude is def the best part of this show.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 started like gangbusters. Everything I liked about s1 taken to a slightly higher level. First few minutes before the title were perfect. I'm going to savor this one and not binge it.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I assumed that but nothing is ever implied. Kluas showed signs of how powerful he wasthey have made moments that he coi
Uld twist bullets like the wanted comics

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it's also him growing into his power. Considering he was made fun of for his power compared to everyone else. Although Luther seems to be kinda worthless with all these other people. If they showed him more invulnerable, like when he takes the RPG to the back in opening episode, he'd be more formidable. Although that RPG should have killed Luther since he hides from bullets and diego cut him with a knife.
Season one showed how they were beasts as kids

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Ellen Page and Number 5 definitely made the season.

I liked Klaus in Season 1 (Vietnam arc aside), but I felt he kinda jumped the shark in this one.

Diego had a really nice arc, but the actor only really seems to have one face and didn't really sell all the stuff going on with his girlfriend, betrayal, meeting his "mother", etc., etc..

iannis

Musty Nester
haven't watched the entire season, but so far I like rumor a lot more than how she was in s1.

They could have really really gone ham with that and they didn't.

klaus is kinda exactly what I expect klaus to be in that situation. lol. It's not clever but it's fun to watch. And he does have a few really good parts in places.

Overall they delivered. This could so easily just be a fucking sermon and it's not. I mean maybe it just falls the fuck apart in the back half of the season but I don't expect it to.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Soundtrack on this show is fantastic. Golden Briwn by The Strangers is my new (old) favorite song.
The Stranglers, but yes. I forget why I was listening to it a few months ago, but it is a solid song.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed this season.

As said earlier it could have gotten super preachy but it didn't. I felt it was a respectable way to address current issues without ramming a message down your throat.

• 1Like

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Agreed wholeheartedly with the soundtrack being excellent. Last season, there was a scene with Klaus taking a bath while Hazel and Cha-cha storm the house. Music was We’re Through by the Hollies, and it was a phenomenal scene and a great underplayed song. This season, the standout for me was when they are catching the elevator to PIL’s This is What You Want, which I hadn’t heard since Hardware. Whoever picks the music needs a raise.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Agree with everyone on the soundtrack. Its not often I watch a show and notice the music playing.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished. I liked the season in general and think that it was probably a little bit better than the first season. Also, Ellen Page lesbian stuff works much better if you have topless Kate Mara involved.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Good season, binged it just as quickly as the first.
By the way - "Golden Brown" and the fight scene before it was lifted directly from Guy Ritchie's movie Snatch, in case anyone is wondering why that whole sequence feels familiar.

• 1Like