The underwear thread.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I've been a Hanes Boxer Briefs with Comfort Soft waistband for over a decade now. The waistband is the thing that I love as it doesn't dig in while still keeping the underwear in place. My latest two sets (10 pair total) have lasted me about 6 or 7 years now, but it is time to replace. A few weeks ago I went and bought two packs of mediums and lo and behold they are bigger in the waist and a whole lot bigger in the legs. Apparently the fatness of the world has made Hanes increase the average size of their boxer briefs. I tried to correct for this by buying smalls, but they are just too small for comfort.

Does anyone know of comparable boxer briefs with the same kind of waistband? I'd really prefer not to pay $25 a pair but if the overall board opinion of the Saxx boxer briefs has me intrigued. What type of Saxx are the most comfortable?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have 3-4 different types of Saxx now, and they all "feel" pretty much the same. I haven't noticed anything different between them, except the one has a piss hole. That said, they are all very soft. The waistband is more firm than the body, but it doesn't dig in at all. I can't really tell you anything else than that. Except that the Platinums are supposed to be the softest, but they're like $40/ea

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So the underwear is all in. Verdict after one wear is that Saxx aren't worth the money, but we'll see how that holds after a wash or two. While they are nice, I'm not convinced they are nice enough to be x5 the price of plain old Hanes boxer briefs.

Pros:

Super soft

Very mild waistband

I appreciate that they are shorter than regular boxer briefs

The ball pouch is cute but it seems largely pointless to me, but could just be that I'm too much grower/not enough shower to get any benefit from it.

Cons:

25$/pair

The legs still ride up like nearly every pair of underwear I've ever owned.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
^---- Well the first comment sold me on those

I am TELLING YOU, get a pair of exofficio give and go boxer briefs. they are amazing. they are not boxers,they are clippings of God's beard spun into dick armor.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I've been a Hanes Boxer Briefs with Comfort Soft waistband for over a decade now. The waistband is the thing that I love as it doesn't dig in while still keeping the underwear in place. My latest two sets (10 pair total) have lasted me about 6 or 7 years now, but it is time to replace. A few weeks ago I went and bought two packs of mediums and lo and behold they are bigger in the waist and a whole lot bigger in the legs. Apparently the fatness of the world has made Hanes increase the average size of their boxer briefs. I tried to correct for this by buying smalls, but they are just too small for comfort.

Does anyone know of comparable boxer briefs with the same kind of waistband? I'd really prefer not to pay $25 a pair but if the overall board opinion of the Saxx boxer briefs has me intrigued. What type of Saxx are the most comfortable?
The Hanes slim fit comfort blend are pretty damn nice. I wear size 30 waist and the mediums fit fine. They're as soft as any other boxer briefs I've tried. They've got good length and don't really seem to ride up either. I got some no show trunks from 2xist but they bunch up. The pouch is great for when you're modeling underwear but I'm not overly impressed with it otherwise.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm up to 7 pairs of Saxx now. Love these damn things. I'm in the process of throwing away some older underwear, despite the fact that they don't have anything wrong with them.
Just need to clear space in my drawer for another Saxx or two to finish the collection.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Serious question, do you guys feel the need for active wear(i.e. under armor) underwear for working out?

I normally just wear my boxers and change into shorts, but have been thinking about the underarmor underwear for long runs. i don't have any chaffing issues btw.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I've actually found that synthetic boxers cause me more chafing issues than merino or cotton ones. But generally for me I think it's as much about the moisture as the friction, and synthetics either don't wick away the moisture as well as cotton/merino, or they make me sweat more. So yeah, I don't bother with any sort of "athletic" underwear when running or hiking. Mountain biking I have a couple pairs of padded shorts. One is Icebreaker and work great, another came with a pair of Sombrio shorts and it's basically like taking sandpaper to my chodes. Something about the material covering the padding just destroyed my junk the last time I wore those ones.

Going back to the Saxx boxers, I picked up a pair of them and one of MyPackage, which is basically the same thing. They seem like pretty good quality boxers, but the "pocket" shit is pretty gimmicky IMO. I don't have a giant, floppy ball sack like a 70 year old man, so I don't really need the pocket. We'll see how long they last, which is the true test. Yeah you can get some super cheap Haines or Fruit of the Loom or whatever, but the best boxers I've owned have generally been Calvin Klein or Nautica. Super comfortable, and they last forever. On the flip side are merino ones by Icebreaker. Also super comfortable and great for hiking as they don't stink, but merino is just not a durable material. I picked up 4 pairs last year, and 2 of them are already done because of holes in the crotch, while I've got CK boxers that must be at least 3-4 years old that still look like new.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was at the doctors office yesterday getting a check out. Turns out I have a hernia. Good times. Anyway, as I'm sitting in her office with my pants and her checking for said hernia, I brought up the underwear I was wearing just to change the mood. She laughed and after she confirmed that I had it, wrote down the brand name to tell her husband about.

I've also told one of the salesmen that took me out to lunch about them. This was a few weeks ago, and he messaged me the other day saying thanks for the heads up. I really should get a discount from Saxx for all of this word of mouth advertising I'm giving them.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
I'm tempted to check the availability of those in Europe, I really can't believe it's such a ground breaking difference, but you're really driving the point hard now
tongue.png

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Any other votes for Saxx vs. ExOfficio? Thinking about ordering one pair each of the vibe /ultra from Saxx and one pair of the give-n-go from ExOff and reloading my wardrobe with whichever feels best. I'm about officially done with traditional boxers.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
No dick holes in the Saxx is a deal breaker. Feel like I ride the short bus every time I have to pull my underwear down to take a piss.

Should have noticed that before ordering a pair to try out. I am disappoint.

Looks like exofficio suffer from the same issue.