The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when world war one ended the german soldiers returning home started dying mysteriously. they found out that the soldiers had all been starving up until the end of the war and when they got home they had these big german feasts with tons of rich foods and the overload on their fucked up bodies due to terrible diet was just too much so many died of heart attacks.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when world war one ended the german soldiers returning home started dying mysteriously. they found out that the soldiers had all been starving up until the end of the war and when they got home they had these big german feasts with tons of rich foods and the overload on their fucked up bodies due to terrible diet was just too much so many died of heart attacks.
Citation please, this sounds interesting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Citation please, this sounds interesting.
if i can remember the title i can link you the PBS documentary on the subject.

if Ken Burns did a doc on world war one then that might be where i saw it. they found out that you cant give longtime starving people a big meal all of a sudden. you have to slowly increase their food intake over the course of a few weeks then they are ok to eat whatever. i swear i did not pull this from my ass.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This is common knowledge. It's why Sally struthers feeds those kids with distended stomachs like a spoon of rice a day until they can handle a more healthy diet

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you can find the name of the thing that caused those people to die, you will find your story about the WW1 soldiers. its how they discovered it.

Goatface

interesting, i always heard it wasn't learned until after WW2 and questioned the soldiers knowing about in it band of brothers.

also, figured he spent all day eating the pudding. hadn't he already ate a half box of cereal?

don't know if this is the same thing
Refeeding syndrome

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
interesting, i always heard it wasn't learned until after WW2 and questioned the soldiers knowing about in it band of brothers.

also, figured he spent all day eating the pudding. hadn't he already ate a half box of cereal?
its been so long since i saw that doc, now im not sure, i seem to remember them showing silent movie stock footage of starving soldiers. maybe im getting it mixed up with the doc on the influenza outbreak during ww1 i watched a year or so ago.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Refeeding syndrome. But now I'm bored of the subject. I hope you shits are happy, you have squashed my curiosity. Snuffed out the desire to learn in a bright eyed young man...

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Refeeding syndrome. But now I'm bored of the subject. I hope you shits are happy, you have squashed my curiosity. Snuffed out the desire to learn in a bright eyed young man...
Typical American Youth. Wants everything handed to him without making the sausage himself. Right now there is a Chinese kid watching these documentaries and reading all about this disorder because of this thread.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Man I kinda liked this episode until I read all the recent posts. Thx for clearing my head bro's. Show's still Lolbad.

Ganthorn

N00b
rrr_img_60300.jpg

This made me laugh pretty hard.