The Walking Dead

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't kept up with this thread since season 3 maybe? anyway Glenn dying is the end of TWD. why? b/c after this Kirkman wrote like shit, he jumped his own damn shark when he wrote #100, and still after Glenn's death the comics have been shit ever since.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't kept up with this thread since season 3 maybe? anyway Glenn dying is the end of TWD. why? b/c after this Kirkman wrote like shit, he jumped his own damn shark when he wrote #100, and still after Glenn's death the comics have been shit ever since.

I am really excited about the alpha and beta stuff next year! /jerkoffemoji

Oldbased

> Than U
Does the comic sell enough copies to make handcuffing the TV show to it make any sense?
Issue 150 in January was the #1 selling comic that month, even over Marvels. The problem is the comic gained tons of steam from the show. So a good user population was a show fan first, comic fan second. So those people would be pretty upset if the show/comic didn't stick close.
Issues #1 was 7500 comics and 2&3 roughly same.Issue #7 broke 10,000 copies.Issue #36 broke top 100 chart. Issue 75 broke 30,000 copies coming a year after the show was announced but prior to the first episode.
Now it is triple+ those numbers from before the show. So the show drives the comic sales not the comics drive the show.
Show came out on comic #78 and comics 100ish we saw the last 2 weeks was comics in mid 2012 or basically season 3 in the show.
If you want more information on that
THE WALKING DEAD - complete print run history - InvestComics

Oldbased

> Than U
did it sell so well before the TV series?
No not at all. First issue sold 7500 copies. Up until issue 68 when the series was announced it sold 27,000 per copy and by the time the series aired ( issues 78 ) it rocketed to top 50 with 51,000 copies sold. It reprinted all the existing issues including #1 as a novel and sold more after the airing then the initial release. Now it sells 100kish a month and ranks in the top 30 monthly. Last month it sold 94,000 copies.

It gained supporters/following each month by the hundreds, rarely thousands until aug 2012 on the airing of the show. The show basically tripled the comic base. Still shocking it only sells 94k with the show pulling millions of viewers but even at "only" 94k last month that is still good enough to place it in the top 6 of ALL comic sales.

I haven't bought a hardcopy of a comic in 30 years so maybe many are like me and just digitally read them now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Issue 150 in January was the #1 selling comic that month, even over Marvels. The problem is the comic gained tons of steam from the show. So a good user population was a show fan first, comic fan second. So those people would be pretty upset if the show/comic didn't stick close.
Issues #1 was 7500 comics and 2&3 roughly same.Issue #7 broke 10,000 copies.Issue #36 broke top 100 chart. Issue 75 broke 30,000 copies coming a year after the show was announced but prior to the first episode.
Now it is triple+ those numbers from before the show. So the show drives the comic sales not the comics drive the show.
Show came out on comic #78 and comics 100ish we saw the last 2 weeks was comics in mid 2012 or basically season 3 in the show.
If you want more information on that
THE WALKING DEAD - complete print run history - InvestComics

That's what I was getting at. The show is where the real money is, but if it's also driving huge numbers to by the comic then that's the only reason I could see them feeling obligated to keep following the comic storyline

Oldbased

> Than U
Join us next week when Negan collects rent payment. Week after how Negan gets the laundry done and mid season finale will be Negan how many hoes does the man really have?
Midseason spoiler. Negan is really bisexual and it ends with the line to Daryl, that isn't Lucille baby.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Join us next week when Negan collects rent payment. Week after how Negan gets the laundry done and mid season finale will be Negan how many hoes does the man really have?
Midseason spoiler. Negan is really bisexual and it ends with the line to Daryl, that isn't Lucille baby.
hey, id watch that. did anyone else get a breaking bad/better call saul vibe from tonight's music montages?

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They did a fine job picking out music to torture someone with.

Lol @ Daryl telling Dwight he understands why he chose to be a cuck bitch.

He's daring him to stand up to Negan and get turned into brain soup.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what I was getting at. The show is where the real money is, but if it's also driving huge numbers to by the comic then that's the only reason I could see them feeling obligated to keep following the comic storyline

Time will tell on that as the two had completely different tones. The show was more focused on survivors versus zombies with some toned down villains thrown in for variety. That started to change when Gimple took over and was hell bent on making it a 1:1 adaptation, and started shifting that way in season 4.5. My anecdotal evidence points to that it won't make a difference. I have not been a fan of the tone change, nor has my wife and we have cooled on watching it, but everyone else we know still does. I have no idea what the ratings look like so far this season, but I can imagine the premier shattered any previous record they had.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why did burnt face get off his bike? Why did the wheel get that fucked up by it just falling over? Of all the things to break when a bike drops is not the fucking wheel and spokes.

The rest was lame and could have been wrapped up in a montage that took up five minutes tops.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They did a fine job picking out music to torture someone with.

Lol @ Daryl telling Dwight he understands why he chose to be a cuck bitch.

He's daring him to stand up to Negan and get turned into brain soup.
Mention from wife who has never watched more than a few minutes of the show over the years and I quote," If I hear Easy Street one more time while I am trying to sleep, I will line the house with your blood".

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Giving up this show...

1254172884282.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Negans new wife is fuckin hot. Couldn't tell last season but she's a babe.
I'm glad that Negan kept repeating how super hot she was, because that's pretty much all I could think about. I could watch her all fucking day.

Pretty bored with the rest of the episode. If not for super hot wife, I wouldn't have cared if I missed this episode entirely.

For science:
350full-christine-evangelista.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users