so far in season 8
3.79 (18-49) down -29.71% from s7
8.631 (total) down -23.95% from s7

---
theory going around Carl isn't going to die, aka "Dumpster 2.0"
and this is all epic fake out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know where I can stream the latest season at? I just finished S7 on netflix. Is it on hulu?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rating up from last week
3.36 (18-49) 7.885m (total)
but still 2nd lowest 18-49 and 3rd lowest total for s8

so far in season 8
3.79 (18-49) down -29.71% from s7
8.631 (total) down -23.95% from s7

---
theory going around Carl isn't going to die, aka "Dumpster 2.0"
and this is all epic fake out.
how can they fake that out other than saying the bite didnt really break the skin?

Oldbased

> Than U
He was fired. Riggs has said it, his father said it. They wouldn't fake out that sort of an assault on AMC. He is done after the next episode where he spends an hour of our time teaching Rick life lessons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He was fired. Riggs has said it, his father said it. They wouldn't fake out that sort of an assault on AMC. He is done after the next episode where he spends an hour of our time teaching Rick life lessons.
is this the first time one of the long time cast members was fired first then written out after?

Goatface

not saying i believe it, but they could have him be immune or something
the bite reveal, didn't create a must watch event for the next show
don't see any way the show "wins" by killing him off

most likely the lamest death of any main so far, unless they have him go out in a blaze of glory
but they won't

i think AMC would let them try anything to turn this around

9d5zlb7ipj301.png

Cybsled

The biggest problem is they stretch the plot like it's Dragonball Z. Rick spends like 10 episodes powering up, then there is a fight, then he gets his ass kicked again and has to learn how to break past his limits and unlock the next power level.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The biggest problem is they stretch the plot like it's Dragonball Z. Rick spends like 10 episodes powering up, then there is a fight, then he gets his ass kicked again and has to learn how to break past his limits and unlock the next power level.
the worst part, they spent the entire half season destroying negan's empire and then makes an almost full comeback offscreen and resets the board. what a waste of time.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
the worst part, they spent the entire half season destroying negan's empire and then makes an almost full comeback offscreen and resets the board. what a waste of time.

That's what I was wondering. I don't really give a shit about the show anymore, so I wondered if I missed a whole episode. What I remember: they drove truck into building, lots of saviors died. Retarded mullet guy puts a speaker on a RC airplane, and scarface shoots it. Next episode, Negan and crew have escaped and are fully powerful and have tons of people left. WTF. Fucking stupid.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's what I was wondering. I don't really give a shit about the show anymore, so I wondered if I missed a whole episode. What I remember: they drove truck into building, lots of saviors died. Retarded mullet guy puts a speaker on a RC airplane, and scarface shoots it. Next episode, Negan and crew have escaped and are fully powerful and have tons of people left. WTF. Fucking stupid.
i think the only explanation they gave was "that eugene, he is a genius and he really came through for us, i had my doubts at first, but oh boy" or something similar. i think there was also mention of the music trick being used, even though there was no fucking music anything when we last saw them, which was being trapped on the second floor of Saviors HQ

• 1Like

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Carl's going to be immune or something dumb and the rest of the show circles around getting some kind of immunization made from Carl. Remember the helicopter from a few episodes ago? It's all connected.

With the ratings dropping they need a way to end the show.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He can't be immune as he was very sickly on that last episode.

And, yeah, hate the stupid power reset. The whole thing is stupid anyway. They could have speared all those zombies from above or some other similar solution. There weren't thousands.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sorry, late to the game here. I didn't get a chance to watch the fall finale until last night.

So, am I missing anything here? Why would they punch a hole in The Sanctuary and then leave assuming everything will go according to plan? I would've kept a large group camped outside that place to watch for any possibility of them attempting to get out. Totally stupid to be taken by surprised like that.

And, yeah, shocked about Coral too. Thought he was one of the few characters immune to death.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sorry, late to the game here. I didn't get a chance to watch the fall finale until last night.

So, am I missing anything here? Why would they punch a hole in The Sanctuary and then leave assuming everything will go according to plan? I would've kept a large group camped outside that place to watch for any possibility of them attempting to get out. Totally stupid to be taken by surprised like that.

And, yeah, shocked about Coral too. Thought he was one of the few characters immune to death.
8 seasons and his character never actually evolved much. sure he became a better survivor, but so did everyone else. he's still the same little daddy defying snot from beginning to end. he was worthless to the plot of the show.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe his real life father complaining was just a swerve and next season you find out a human bit him and he just had food poisoning from negan's leftover spaghetti.

Goatface

so gimple did some interviews and spoiled the season ending for non-comic readers

He has said, Carl's death is the reason Rick will spare Negan. the Carl/Negan and other Carl stories will still be there but with other cast.
i thought they would kill Negan just to not have to pay him

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so gimple did some interviews and spoiled the season ending for non-comic readers

He has said, Carl's death is the reason Rick will spare Negan. the Carl/Negan and other Carl stories will still be there but with other cast.
i thought they would kill Negan just to not have to pay him
that isnt so surprising given how awesome this season has been.

Goatface

The Walking Dead Season 9 gets the green light with a new showrunner

AMC today made a number of announcements related to The Walking Dead, the highest-rated cable series in history and the #1 show on television for the last six seasons and counting. The series is being renewed for a ninth season, to premiere in late 2018; current showrunner Scott M. Gimple is being elevated to Chief Content Officer, overseeing the entire “Dead” television universe, including The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and potential brand extensions on a variety of platforms; and Angela Kang, who has been a writer on the show since 2011 and co-executive producer since 2013, is being promoted by Gimple to executive producer and showrunner of The Walking Dead Season 9.

Oldbased

> Than U
That's Hollywood's way of firing people. This is a good thing or nail in the coffin thing depending on what Angela does. If she sucks the tit of Gimple it'll be the end, if she sucks it'll be the end. It she has a brain there is hope.