The Walking Dead

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually think it happened in last week's episode. I didn't mind his death, not that he annoyed me too badly, but because I know this is a huge deviation from the comics, which is sorely needed at this point. Outside of that, I think it is hilarious that a heard of walkers let loose inside of a building is that easily dispatched and they were able to mobilize that quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, they confirmed it was last week when Carl was trying to help that guy who was setting zombie traps. No good deed goes unpunished lol

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
ah, I barely paid attention last week too, didn't catch that.

• 1Like

Goatface

apparently Gimple told Carl he would be on the show for 2+ years longer before the season and
he bought a house in GA.
Rick's contract is up at the end of the season (would guess Daryl's is too) he got paid like $600-800k per show for last couple
of seasons and pretty sure SAG rules say he has to get a raise.

with the live rating dropping, could see them trimming the cast down and intro new cheap people

comic spoiler - future show rumor?

while back was reading they were either going to skip or shorten the Whispers arc.
don't see them skipping it completely, but don't think TV show would survive another
2 1/2 season arc.

could see Whispers being treated more like Wolves and the show split away from the comic
so gimple can have his on take.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When I watched that I actually did think he got bitten but passed it off since he seemed fine afterwards
yeah i figured that was it, that scene was so tacked on and stupid, but at the time i just figured that was typical TWD writing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Finally Coral is dead. No more of his whiny bitch ass. I hope this show goes out in a flaming train wreck as opposed to a graceful passing.

Oldbased

> Than U
'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs' dad rips AMC and showrunner over that shocking reveal
"In an interview with EW, Riggs said learning of the decision “was quite the shocker,” adding that it was “devastating.” The 18-year-old actor’s father shared his own take in a since-deleted Facebook comment, where he ripped both AMC and showrunner Scott M. Gimple."

“Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing,” wrote William Riggs. “I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!”

Maybe he didn't want out. It is very confusing at this point given the comics and stuff. This "news" won't help the show any though.
Some other people are claiming they did just give him a 3 year contract and he had purchased a house in the area then fired him. That's pretty messed up unless he was grabbing the whole cast by the pussy.

Spoilering this detailed article due to comic spoilers it has

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs' dad rips AMC and showrunner over that shocking reveal
"In an interview with EW, Riggs said learning of the decision “was quite the shocker,” adding that it was “devastating.” The 18-year-old actor’s father shared his own take in a since-deleted Facebook comment, where he ripped both AMC and showrunner Scott M. Gimple."

“Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing,” wrote William Riggs. “I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!”

Maybe he didn't want out. It is very confusing at this point given the comics and stuff. This "news" won't help the show any though.
Some other people are claiming they did just give him a 3 year contract and he had purchased a house in the area then fired him. That's pretty messed up unless he was grabbing the whole cast by the pussy.

Spoilering this detailed article due to comic spoilers it has
well at least he gets paid for 3 years for nothing. thats nice college kegger money

Oldbased

> Than U
well at least he gets paid for 3 years for nothing. thats nice college kegger money
Not so sure. They told him they wanted him for 3 more years, not sure if he signed a contract on it or not.
The good news is that both of those stories is all over social media and the reaction is complete fuck Gimple.
Couldn't happen to a better man, who still retweets Obama to this day and sad ICE came and took my babies stories. He is a hard left fucknut.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Carl always made it hard for them to adhere to a short time line "It's been 3 years!" and Carl aged rapidly. Now that they have no recognizable child actors, it will be easier to maintain a shorter timeline and not require the suspension of disbelief on the part of the audience.

Oldbased

> Than U
Carl always made it hard for them to adhere to a short time line "It's been 3 years!" and Carl aged rapidly. Now that they have no recognizable child actors, it will be easier to maintain a shorter timeline and not require the suspension of disbelief on the part of the audience.
True. HOWEVER (accccctualy)
As you already know the "war" ends this season given how much was covered in 8 episodes and then there is a 2 year jump. That jump could have justified Riggs. They told him they wanted him for 3 years then gave him a 2 week notice he was fired.
What I think happened is Gimple is a greedy sack of smug shit. Contacts were expiring and like most shows 8 seasons in, it is pay raise time. Gimple fired Riggs to make it clear no one is safe and he will just kill off anyone who asks for too much.
That 2nd article I posted even questions if Rick may be killed off at the end of the season as well. Gimple has already pretty much ruined the show as ratings make obvious. Now he is just being a bitch on top of it.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Alternatively, they can say "We aren't following the comics, NO ONE IS SAFE!!!". I'm not sure the show could survive Rick being killed, though. That would be a massive gamble.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not so sure. They told him they wanted him for 3 more years, not sure if he signed a contract on it or not.
The good news is that both of those stories is all over social media and the reaction is complete fuck Gimple.
Couldn't happen to a better man, who still retweets Obama to this day and sad ICE came and took my babies stories. He is a hard left fucknut.
well, odds are the entire cast and crew love them some pizza parties and walnut sauce hankie maps. still its no reason to fire the kid now when he's been non essential for half a decade.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I kinda wish Fear the Walking Dead was better. I'd much prefer it to go back to the beginning of the outbreak, and watching an interesting cast trying to get to grips with and survive it.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Walking Dead is mediocre but frankly is one of the best shitty shows in a long line of mediocre television. Not much praise, but with that said

Jesus is utterly retarded. His compassion is not earned, instead it reeks of a device for setting up the next event at Hilltop.

There is no longer any reason for Carl's useless character to have stuck around for eight seasons. He lost an eye, you wondered if he was eventually going to do something, create an interesting conflict, maybe with Rick not long from now. Nope. Just another death gimmick.

Ezekiel acting as a true leader by defying certain doom then tucking tail. Who goes from really confident to a raging pussy in less than a second? Why would he do that? Oh, right. Cos the plot required him to. Because tribulations.

The closeup heads scowling, tilting back and forth. So epic. So dramatic.

Rick looking at himself in the mirror when he rescued the baby after killing her dad. He might as well have said in a raspy voice, WHAT HAVE I BECOME.

Dug the half season taking place in one day. That was neat.