The Walking Dead

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Im joining you after this war is over, or season ends.. whichever comes first. I just watch the episodes in the background while i play games now, just waiting to see the final firefight. Having read the comics a bit past this point, im just curious to see how they do it on the show.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Im joining you after this war is over, or season ends.. whichever comes first. I just watch the episodes in the background while i play games now, just waiting to see the final firefight. Having read the comics a bit past this point, im just curious to see how they do it on the show.

Pretty much this. Especially after they killed off Carl, no more fucks given. The Carl-Negan dynamic is shot. It's been shit house group one after the other. I was hoping for the faceless but that would be too interesting ...

Oldbased

> Than U
Just in case anyone cares.
Q&A Episode 8.12 “The Key”

1. What happens during the car chase scene with Negan and Rick?

Rick still has the radio that belonged to the Saviors, so he hears ahead of time that they are coming. He sees Negan in a black car, pursues him, and eventually crashes into Negan's car.

2. It looks like Rick and Negan have a confrontation. Do they fight? Does Negan get away?

Yes! They get into one helluva fight. Lucille is set on fire and Negan is almost eaten by a walker. Alas, Negan gets away. (Who knew?)

3. What do Simon and the Saviors do after Negan gets in the car wreck?

Simon and Dwight try to locate Negan, but they find the car wreck and lots of blood. Simon presumes Negan is dead or close to death and instructs the Saviors to attack the Hilltop with the intention of killing them all.

4. Does Simon do anything else against Negan’s orders?

Yep.. Now that Simon and the other Saviors think Negan may be dead, or at least dying, he says it's time to "expunge" the Hilltop and move onto other communities. Simon steppin’ up to be mob boss.

5. How does Dwight act during this episode? Does he do anything to help Team Family?

No, he doesn't do anything specifically to help Team Family, but he also doesn't support Simon's crazy plans to take Negan's place.

6. How is Hilltop preparing for the attack? What is the plan?

There are several lookouts and everyone is preparing to fight.

7. Does anyone die? Who?

No. Well, Lucille almost does, but Negan saves her just in time. Then there is the reunion scene…. (Just kidding.)

8. Is a new group introduced? Who encounters them and what are they like?

The group doesn't have a name, but the leader's name is Georgie and resembles the woman who leads the "New World Order" in the latest issues of the Walking Dead comics. That’s just a guess though. They seem benevolent and simply want to build up communities so that they can ally with them.

What are Michonne, Maggie, and Enid doing out on the road?

People from the new group left a couple of crates and a note just outside of the Hilltop. Our ladies come across the note. It says to fill the crates with phonograph records (Not a typo. For real - that’s what it says.) and you'll get the "key to the future." Michonne, Maggie and Enid decide to follow up and find out who these mysterious people are.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Pretty much this. Especially after they killed off Carl, no more fucks given. The Carl-Negan dynamic is shot. It's been shit house group one after the other. I was hoping for the faceless but that would be too interesting ...
I was talking to a friend who has stopped watching the show and he made a good point: the show has become too depressing. Think about it -- for the past 2 seasons nothing positive has happened that I can think of. It's just constant turmoil and torment. The good guys never win and any seeming victories are very short lived.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yep! There's no ups to balance out the downs. It's just constant downs for like 2-3 seasons now.
If seaside, trash people and everyone had banded together to finally take down the Saviors by this point, they could have saved themselves. Instead, that moment is gonna come too late to repair the damage. It'll be great when it happens, just half the fans will already be gone.

Oldbased

> Than U
Suddenly, bullets go through cars as they should.

I won't lie. That was probably one of the better episodes of the season, which isn't saying much but it wasn't full of stupid gunfire that 1/16 inch steel stops.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh look, epic Rick n Negan confrontation #5 ended up with both still alive.. what a surprise. Oh, and SUSPENSEFUL CLIFFHANGER #7.. she has a gun on him! Egads!
Like.. why wouldn't she just fucking shoot him if she's out for revenge. She wants to torture him?

• 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah they need shit or get off the pot with this whole Negan story line. The Governor was introduced and fully concluded in one season. Yes, he came back in 4, but that was more in a sequel/revenge way and not a continuation of the previous arc. Negan has effectively drug out for 2 full seasons. I know they won't but hopefully they learn this lesson and finish arcs in 16 episodes or less from now on. Yes, I'm done and I have effectively walked away from the show, but my wife still watches and thus I watch for some sexy time currency, so I at least want it to be palatable.

With that said, for what it was worth the episode was not bad at all. Even though they still refuse to end Negan and/or Rick yet, it was fun to watch play out at least.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
She was (for now) a completely side character that offered them info in exchange for some music vinyl records. They ended up agreeing and got this massive three ring binder full of schematics and instructions on how to build old tech stuff like windmills and what have you. It was actually a cool moment in my mind (although their shtick was not cool at all)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh look, epic Rick n Negan confrontation #5 ended up with both still alive.. what a surprise. Oh, and SUSPENSEFUL CLIFFHANGER #7.. she has a gun on him! Egads!
Like.. why wouldn't she just fucking shoot him if she's out for revenge. She wants to torture him?
I laughed at that cliff hangar. I care so little about any of these characters, any of their gotcha moments fall completely fat. At this point, I'm just watching because I must hate myself and want to feel the pain of suffering.

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The problem is, the show wanted to milk the ratings and story of 'negan'. He was the biggest thing in the books and his intro was huge for the show. However, his scariness wears off naturally, so they decided to make us care for him more. Now, hes not as intimidating or as relatable as they wanted. Everything is just 'meh'. Simon is more hated and dwight is more relatable.
The comics had a similar arc for negan, but it happened in a completely different way, and much later. You keep him as the intimidating vilain till he gets beaten, then try to redeem him later, not in the middle of the war.

Oldbased

> Than U
Just 4 more episodes for this shit show this year on TWD.
Q&A Episode 8.13 “Do Not Send Us Astray.” Thank you to our source!

Who is Carol talking to in the promo and what is their conversation about?

She is talking to Tobin in the infirmary after he has been stabbed during the Hilltop battle. They discuss why she left Alexandria and how she just didn't want to fight and kill anymore. Tobin then asks her if she'll stay after the war with the Saviors is over, and she says she doesn't know. She also says that even after the Saviors are gone, there will always be fighting and it'll never stop. Defeating the Saviors won’t give them peace, it will just buy them another day.

Does Dwight shoot Tara with an arrow? How does that scene play out?

Yes, he does. Tara is on the ground and Simon is about to take a shot at her. Dwight runs up and shoots her himself.

Later, Tara is left wondering if she is going to die from her injury. However, she comes to terms with it and says that "Karma's a bitch" because she boxed Dwight in and tried to kill him, even when he only wanted to help.

Sidenote: TSDF is ASSUMING based on other information we’ve heard that the arrow Tara is struck with is “untainted” and she will survive. However, this source mentioned that the episode leaves her fate hanging in the air.

Who dies in this episode and how?

Several Hilltop redshirts and also Tobin, who dies after being stabbed with a tainted knife. The Kingdom doctor is also killed after she's attacked by a reanimated Tobin. Several Saviors are killed in the fight as well.

How does the battle at Hilltop end?

It ends with the people at the Hilltop getting the upper hand on Simon and the Saviors, and they high-tail it outta there like a bunch of cowards. At this time, no one knows about the tainted weapons until people start dying and reanimating in the middle of the night.

Does Jesus do anything memorable in this episode?

No, not really. He's in the episode and helps in the battle but doesn't do much else.

Where does Jadis take Negan?

Negan and Jadis aren't in this episode.

Does anyone on Team Negan find out Dwight is on Rick’s side?

No.

Does this episode feature anything else besides the battle at the Hilltop?

No. Just the battle and then he aftermath with the injured dying and reanimating towards the end.

How does the episode end?

It ends with Maggie looking over all of the new graves (probably close to 20) and wondering whether all of this is worth the huge "cost."

BONUS:
Rick is cut by a random Savior and left wondering if he will also suffer the same fate as the others who were injured and turned.

My(Olebass) side note. These events bring us to match many of the events of issue #124 which leaves 3 episodes to conclude the last 2 comics in Vol. 21 All Out War Part 2 of the comic series.
In the comics it jumps 2 years after this volume before starting Vol 22. A new beginning.

Last edited:

Goatface

someone on reddit did the math
normal 60 min show, 44 mins of show, 16 mins of ads
TWD 65 mins, 44 mins of show, 21 mins of ads
51 different commercials (including AMC's own ads)
longest break 4:49 with 14 commercials

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
someone on reddit did the math
normal 60 min show, 44 mins of show, 16 mins of ads
TWD 65 mins, 44 mins of show, 21 mins of ads
51 different commercials (including AMC's own ads)
longest break 4:49 with 14 commercials
Back when it had like 15 million viewers, AMC was pulling something like 20 million in ad money per episode. They drag on for years on the same sets mostly to save costs and fight back at every penny for cast. AMC has had some great series but damn they are worse than Disney with the piggybanks.

Goatface

found some numbers,

AMC sells 30 second packages, where the ads run during several airings
2012 - $200-250k
2013 - $326k
2014 - $413k
2015 - $502k
2016 - $470K
2017 - $415k

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow AMC is run by sleazy retards. I actually really enjoyed last night's episode. But why did AMC list the walking dead as being two hours with a completely different show being that second hour? Just do what you have always done and just list the new show in that slot between the show and talking. Whatever. I still liked the last two episodes for the most part.