The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
Wow AMC is run by sleazy retards. I actually really enjoyed last night's episode. But why did AMC list the walking dead as being two hours with a completely different show being that second hour? Just do what you have always done and just list the new show in that slot between the show and talking. Whatever. I still liked the last two episodes for the most part.
On Talking Dead last week Chris did say The Terror would follow TWD before talking dead. They did the same thing with Into the Badlands and Better Call Saul shows. It was shitty to do then and is now.

As for the show that followed TWD on next post, The Terror. A 10 episode show based on The Terror (novel) - Wikipedia

Goatface

are you sure? i thought Badlands had its own listing?
this is the 1st time i remember TWD being listed as 2 hours

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was actually mad when I saw it was 2 hours and surprisingly pleased when it was an hour. What a shit shown

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
are you sure? i thought Badlands had its own listing?
this is the 1st time i remember TWD being listed as 2 hours
I am pretty sure. If you go back to the premier date in this thread I remember being a bit upset over it even though the show( at the time especially ) wasn't half bad.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just remember the badlands being wedged between Walking and Talking. It was still listed as Badlands, but at the time Talking still meant something so people were pissed off they were forced to wait. Maybe they did list it as a second hour of Walking. I don't know, because frankly I was excited to see that one lol. The Terror was just boring looking and was boring to watch for me.

Oldbased

> Than U
I just remember the badlands being wedged between Walking and Talking. It was still listed as Badlands, but at the time Talking still meant something so people were pissed off they were forced to wait. Maybe they did list it as a second hour of Walking. I don't know, because frankly I was excited to see that one lol. The Terror was just boring looking and was boring to watch for me.
Very possible that you are right and everyone was upset they used TWD to push other stuff but without listing it as 2 hours. I do recall being upset that they billed a episode as longer before when it wasn't but I couldn't find a page on the way back machine for that night of TV listings. Either way it is crappy to do that and AMC has a history of it. Digging back however I concede I may be wrong and it was actually ( may be ) Fear the Walking Dead they did it with.

Edit- Actually TWD wasn't on TV yet. Damnit, I know there was some fuckery sometime with this before. I give up looking though. Could have been Preacher or Better Call Saul or one of the other larger shows. I just remember them promoting it in a shitty way that was shady as fuck at the time. Maybe they did take it even more this week.

Last edited:

Goatface

badlands premiered after s6e6, where daryl is going around after dwight took his stuff, i believe

i was thinking, wasn't that when the put a twd bonus scene in the middle of badlands
tried to search but didn't see anything.

Oldbased

> Than U
badlands premiered after s6e6, where daryl is going around after dwight took his stuff, i believe

i was thinking, wasn't that when the put a twd bonus scene in the middle of badlands
tried to search but didn't see anything.
THAT was it. Thank you. So I had it a bit mixed up. They used TWD to "force" people interested in that show to watch another.
Guess they really are inventing new ways to be cock suckers.

Cybsled

Into the Badlands was awesome, though. Considering how shitty most TWD 1.5-2 hr episodes are, I'd be thrilled if the "bonus" time was a dif show ;p

Goatface

‘The Walking Dead’: Season 9 Will ‘Morph Back Into a Season 4, Season 5 Vibe’
“Especially looking back at where our show succeeds the most — in terms of the characters that have the best chemistry together and the locations that [worked well]. It’s always kind of nice to be on the road a little bit. Any time we’re sort of situated in one place for too long… I feel like the show is kind of morphing back into a Season 4, Season 5 kind of vibe.”

-
one rumor i heard they are going to expand the 6 issue arc after all out war into a full season
with just hints of next new bad

Oldbased

> Than U
I gave up on the show a long time ago, but I found forest settings boring.
The idea of the city setting was the most interesting to me. It was only a few episodes of TWD.
Thankfully we were given FtWD which as advertised was a massive city! Oh wait.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The idea of the city setting was the most interesting to me. It was only a few episodes of TWD.
Thankfully we were given FtWD which as advertised was a massive city! Oh wait.

Came in to see if any talk happened after episode 15 ha... not that there really is much to talk about. It was OK but nothing more than that.

As far as this, yeah I don't think there will ever be Urban settings just because it's so low budget. I mean most of Fear's first season, which as you said was billed as a big city setting, was in a neighborhood. With that said, due to some word of mouth, we decided to give Fear another shot. We watched that first season when it aired, and we weren't that impressed. I have to say it did get markedly better in the early parts of the second season, thought and I wonder since it's all new material that they will avoid the pitfalls of the original show and keep it interesting.

Oldbased

> Than U
Came in to see if any talk happened after episode 15 ha... not that there really is much to talk about. It was OK but nothing more than that.

As far as this, yeah I don't think there will ever be Urban settings just because it's so low budget. I mean most of Fear's first season, which as you said was billed as a big city setting, was in a neighborhood. With that said, due to some word of mouth, we decided to give Fear another shot. We watched that first season when it aired, and we weren't that impressed. I have to say it did get markedly better in the early parts of the second season, thought and I wonder since it's all new material that they will avoid the pitfalls of the original show and keep it interesting.
It wasn't bad. The return of Negan and the fight scene was pretty decent. Best line after Negan goes all rage and does the thing was, "What an asshole"
haha

ShakyJake

<Donor>
we decided to give Fear another shot. We watched that first season when it aired, and we weren't that impressed.

What's sad is, for me, I've watched all episodes of Fear so far and there is only ONE character whose name I can remember: Nick. I cannot for the life of me remember anyone else. And that's the main problem for the show is that I don't give a shit about anyone.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It wasn't bad. The return of Negan and the fight scene was pretty decent. Best line after Negan goes all rage and does the thing was, "What an asshole"
haha

Yeah it was funny I just had kind of hoped it wouldn't have been so one and done. Like it'd been hilarious if the saviors devolved into this civil war or Negan got ousted and he had no choice BUT to go work with Rick and co. I thought it was decent enough I didn't regret the hour I gave to watch it though.

What's sad is, for me, I've watched all episodes of Fear so far and there is only ONE character whose name I can remember: Nick. I cannot for the life of me remember anyone else. And that's the main problem for the show is that I don't give a shit about anyone.

Yeah Nick had a huge step up. However, I do think Madison (blonde mom) is improved. I love the crazy Latino guy, but I have a feeling he's not long for this earth. The daughter (Alicia I think) is fucking hot so I don't care, and she's not as bad as the dude's son, Chris. Now Dude... Travis... he's just flat ass boring, and too wishy washy. He's not a total pussy, but he's no power house either. I love Strand too, his cold, every man for himself is kind of cool, if you can get past the fact that he did just randomly save 7 people. And just from the constant comercials for the current season's premier, I know pretty much who lives and who dies, though so much of the tension is going to not be there, I'm sure.

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah it was funny I just had kind of hoped it wouldn't have been so one and done. Like it'd been hilarious if the saviors devolved into this civil war or Negan got ousted and he had no choice BUT to go work with Rick and co. I thought it was decent enough I didn't regret the hour I gave to watch it though.

Yeah Nick had a huge step up. However, I do think Madison (blonde mom) is improved. I love the crazy Latino guy, but I have a feeling he's not long for this earth. The daughter (Alicia I think) is fucking hot so I don't care, and she's not as bad as the dude's son, Chris. Now Dude... Travis... he's just flat ass boring, and too wishy washy. He's not a total pussy, but he's no power house either. I love Strand too, his cold, every man for himself is kind of cool, if you can get past the fact that he did just randomly save 7 people. And just from the constant comercials for the current season's premier, I know pretty much who lives and who dies, though so much of the tension is going to not be there, I'm sure.
Them killing off Travis was a good step to recovery of FotD last year but they got some more to go, like nearly everyone before it has a hope of recovery.
I liked Alycia Carey(Alicia) from The 100 more but she is fairly easy on the eyes.
I think the producers do too. I've noticed they don't show shots of the rear much in TV but every episode you get to see her ass in jeans 10 times an episode.
Why I pick up on such things, I'll never know.

Cybsled

Ya, with Fear I couldn't find myself really giving a shit about any of the characters. Nick was semi interesting, but everyone was fairly bland for the most part. Plus the premise wasn't too different from TWD eventually, so it felt like sort of a retread. At least with the Star Treks and Stargates, you tried to have a different setup for the spinoffs. FTWD started sorta different, then quickly became the same (but in a dif locale).