The Walking Dead

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I don’t understand why this is a milestone. It’s 100% not reflective of reality (don’t fucking lecture me that zombies aren’t real) and it implies that the majority of relationships where people date and marry people that look like them is somehow inferior.

What a crock of shit.

I remember how little I cared about all this shit until it kept getting forced down my throat.

Show is still terrible despite it’s wonderful attempt at virtue signaling.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

1.80 (-10.89%) 18-49 demo
4.794mil (-11.16%) total viewers

only 2 shows with lower total viewers, Guts with 4.71m and Vatos 4.75m

will be interesting to see just how low it will go.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well

RIP Jesus lol
So not only did they have a dude looking like Jesus be gay, but killed him in the final episode before Christmas break.
Add in "Maggie" isn't even on the show the rest of the year and the whole Rick Grimes shit and this show can't burn to the ground fast enough.
This shit is worse than Fallout76

Cybsled

Maggie was handled odd. She ghosted the show. "Oh, she took her kid and went to some other settlement!". Is that TWD equivalent of the parent going out for a gallon of milk and never returning home? lol

Goatface

weekly shitty ratings post :)

ratings up but new mid season low
2.0 18-49 demo and 5.1 million total
up .2 and 300k from last week but still down 300k from rick's last show

Mid Season Finals ranked
Season 5: 7.6 rating, 14.8 million viewers
Season 6: 7.0 rating, 14 million viewers
Season 4: 6.1 rating, 12.1 million viewers
Season 3: 5.4 rating, 10.5 million
Season 7: 5.1 rating, 10.6 million
Season 2: 3.5 rating, 6.6 million
Season 8: 3.4 rating, 7.9 million
Season 9: 2.0 rating, 5.1 million

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
weekly shitty ratings post :)

ratings up but new mid season low
2.0 18-49 demo and 5.1 million total
up .2 and 300k from last week but still down 300k from rick's last show

Mid Season Finals ranked
Season 5: 7.6 rating, 14.8 million viewers
Season 6: 7.0 rating, 14 million viewers
Season 4: 6.1 rating, 12.1 million viewers
Season 3: 5.4 rating, 10.5 million
Season 7: 5.1 rating, 10.6 million
Season 2: 3.5 rating, 6.6 million
Season 8: 3.4 rating, 7.9 million
Season 9: 2.0 rating, 5.1 million
To be expected. I KNOW people who watch the 1st, 8th and final episode of this and depending on what they see, they go back and maybe watch the other.
One dude said he started doing it after the whole Beth thing in Atlanta, where those 3 episodes have shit happen and the other 13 are just shitty intern writing haha.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the only way this show would bring me back is if it went totally off the rails crazy and started introducing space creatures controlling the zombies and the few bastions of military we have left are trying to fight them. otherwise this show is done.

Oldbased

> Than U
I still say the recent season of Fear was better overall than any Walking Dead the past few years.
It's more hilarious though that Z Nation has become a somewhat more serious show and is currently better watching than Fear or Walking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The most recent season of Fear was better once they made it the Morgan show. To be honest, I'm not sure why they didn't just outright cancel Fear and just start another spin off with Morgan because legit, what made that show better was absolutely nothing from the previous cast (Alyson or whatever her name is and Strand). It was all of the new characters they introduced.

As far as TWD proper. I have enjoyed this season so far way more than anything they have shit out since Season 4. Not a high bar, especially considering seasons 6.5 - end of 8. But like mentioned above Season 5 was way too tainted by singular dumb moments that basically nullified any decent episodes before it. The biggest example being Beth's death nullifying any build up in the previous episodes of Grady memorial, and then to add insult to injury they kill off the decent character that came from there a few more episodes down the road. The first half of season 6 was ok but still with terrible pacing, complete with a 2 hour filler episode on Morgan becoming a peace knick. Once they started introducing the saviors and it became straight up fan fiction, it just went to shit.

While not great, I did actually love how the story actually moved forward with each episode. Had this been the previous regime, Rick's exit would have been at best the mid season, and only after they tried to make it the actual season finale. Not having Gimple micro managing the show has done it a huge favor, but again, with those numbers it may be too little too late. Whatever, I have nothing else to really watch on Sunday's so it's worth some couch time with the wife at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My question is, with Rick gone, who is the central character? Michonne? I'm sorry, but I don't see her as leader material nor do I think the actor can carry the series. The loss of Lincoln, I think, will screw this series ratings even further until they replace him with someone with equal "charisma". Hell, Negan could possibly work, but I highly doubt the writers have the talent to thread that needle.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My question is, with Rick gone, who is the central character? Michonne? I'm sorry, but I don't see her as leader material nor do I think the actor can carry the series. The loss of Lincoln, I think, will screw this series ratings even further until they replace him with someone with equal "charisma". Hell, Negan could possibly work, but I highly doubt the writers have the talent to thread that needle.

Darryl really should be the one to step up, considering he's probably the highest paid actor on the show. They should have grown his character over the time jump instead of him going all loner style in the woods.

Goatface

rumors have been abound about Michonne leaving for a while. as far as i can tell she still hasn't signed a new contract.
she is fairly hot right now with marvel stuff
and doubt she want to sign contract like Darryl and Carrol where they will most likely splitting off for a few side stories.
she seems to wanting to be show/movie runnerm but Carrol is also getting something like $6mil per year, so don't know if she could turn that down.

they have labeled this as a soft reboot, my guess they are going to weed out more of the old regulars
and start pushing the younger cast.

personally i think the whispers are dumb.
if they are still on the comic to show plan, they will be around for next 2.5 seasons
they should cut the whispers arc short and go in different direction from the book.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
rumors have been abound about Michonne leaving for a while. as far as i can tell she still hasn't signed a new contract.
she is fairly hot right now with marvel stuff
and doubt she want to sign contract like Darryl and Carrol where they will most likely splitting off for a few side stories.
she seems to wanting to be show/movie runnerm but Carrol is also getting something like $6mil per year, so don't know if she could turn that down.

they have labeled this as a soft reboot, my guess they are going to weed out more of the old regulars
and start pushing the younger cast.

personally i think the whispers are dumb.
if they are still on the comic to show plan, they will be around for next 2.5 seasons
they should cut the whispers arc short and go in different direction from the book.

This almost feels like a reset back into the comics imo. Hell Judith is basically comic book Carl. They are just dumping characters and reorganizing the story lines with what they have left.

Cybsled

Whispers you can get a little traction from, but they need to not have it get stretched out. TBH they should just skip to the New World Order stuff and get to a place where you can end the series on a semi-positive note.