The Walking Dead

Cybsled

Movies will become movie, just like all the SG-1/Atlantis stuff got chopped after the first 2 didn’t make enough

ShakyJake

<Donor>
One of the things that killed the show, besides being fucking boring, is that they've added way too many characters. During the 'at war' story arc, some of the gun battle scenes were so confusing I couldn't tell who was who. Did one of the good guys just get shot? Fuck if I know.

The show was at its best when it was just a small group trying to survive. The series around the time of The Governor and Terminus was probably the high point for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of the things that killed the show, besides being fucking boring, is that they've added way too many characters. During the 'at war' story arc, some of the gun battle scenes were so confusing I couldn't tell who was who. Did one of the good guys just get shot? Fuck if I know.

The show was at its best when it was just a small group trying to survive. The series around the time of The Governor and Terminus was probably the high point for me.
same, i was always hatewatching this show, but it had some characters i cared about and this show always had a subtle MMORPG feel to it. kill off enough characters, start wokening the other characters. my give a fuck meter reaches negatives and i'm done.

Goatface

Lauren Cohan said Maggie could be getting her own movie too lol

ratings were up about 2%
2.00 demo and 5.156 total
just below the season avg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lauren Cohan said Maggie could be getting her own movie too lol

ratings were up about 2%
2.00 demo and 5.156 total
just below the season avg
yeah, no. these people need to start sending resumes to other networks. you need to work on your squats, ladies. get that booty in shape, you arent going to hit the Captain Marvel lottery.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
same, i was always hatewatching this show, but it had some characters i cared about and this show always had a subtle MMORPG feel to it. kill off enough characters, start wokening the other characters. my give a fuck meter reaches negatives and i'm done.

It's so fucking bad now. I'm hatewatching it too. I just should just delete the entire show off my box and I would never remember it exists. No one I know talks about it anymore.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's so fucking bad now. I'm hatewatching it too. I just should just delete the entire show off my box and I would never remember it exists. No one I know talks about it anymore.
when this show started i had friends who always discussed what was gonna happen next and stuff. nobody even brings it up anymore. it always makes me wonder how studio heads can be so out of touch that they cant tell when their show is dead. do they go by viewers numbers or internet diagnostics or both? all these new ads on TV is the only way i know its still on tv. why else even watch AMC anymore? Better Call Saul isnt on until fall and they kinda jumped the shit shark too with their ninja mexican.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
when this show started i had friends who always discussed what was gonna happen next and stuff. nobody even brings it up anymore. it always makes me wonder how studio heads can be so out of touch that they cant tell when their show is dead. do they go by viewers numbers or internet diagnostics or both? all these new ads on TV is the only way i know its still on tv. why else even watch AMC anymore? Better Call Saul isnt on until fall and they kinda jumped the shit shark too with their ninja mexican.

100% agree

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
it always makes me wonder how studio heads can be so out of touch that they cant tell when their show is dead..
Seriously, what's so fucking hard about getting decent writers and actually plan out a season with some cohesiveness? They have a ton of material to drawn upon -- whether from the comics directly or from the genre itself (books, movies, etc.). It's like one person is calling all the shots and if they're an idiot the entire show goes to shit. This applies to movies as well -- look at the new Star Wars films. There is zero excuse for these IPs to have a monstrous budget and be complete shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Seriously, what's so fucking hard about getting decent writers and actually plan out a season with some cohesiveness? They have a ton of material to drawn upon -- whether from the comics directly or from the genre itself (books, movies, etc.). It's like one person is calling all the shots and if they're an idiot the entire show goes to shit. This applies to movies as well -- look at the new Star Wars films. There is zero excuse for these IPs to have a monstrous budget and be complete shit.
i think the monstrous budget is what fucks the show down. when you tie only a few million into an unproven show, you can grant a producer or director more control over their project. when you start getting into tens of millions of dollars and mass appeal. you get more eyeballs and with more eyeballs you get faggots who areoffended by everything. why are there not enough women, why are there not enough gays? why not enough minorities? why is this white person playing a different race? why is your writing team not addressing these issues and why are they all white or asian males? why did you give this one more linaes than that one? why did you kill this minority off and spare the white person?

so all these lame complaints roll in from maybe a few dozen people and it causes major concern with all the studio fucks and after a frantic board meeting about it, the producer/director has their control taken away because they "clearly" are doing something wrong and now these studio fucks are adding whatever diverse or retarded idea that enters their head no matter if it makes any fucking sense to the storyline. JUST ADD IT OR YOU'RE FIRED! thats when the party is over. actors start leaving. the writers shuffle out. director moves on to a new project, producer might stick around because he likes money and tries to make everyone happy. the fans see this shit and nope out. so now the studio heads cant figure out how this could have happened. they did everything right. it must be the fans. they reject our changes because they're horrible people.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was only one new episode last weekend right? My co-worker swears there was a separate episode that was some kind of documentary style thing. I don't know what he is talking about and I can't find it in all the usual places.

Goatface

There was only one new episode last weekend right? My co-worker swears there was a separate episode that was some kind of documentary style thing. I don't know what he is talking about and I can't find it in all the usual places.

ratings list "THE WALKING DEAD BONUS" that was on at 7:45pm
no idea what it was

Oldbased

> Than U
100% agree
Not to mention apparently this is the last season for Into the Badlands which for me was the only other show I was interested in.
Syfy still has them beat though with Expanse( saved! ) and Dark Matter and well just about any other show anyone has invested in. Only Z Nation left there for me now.
As for Walking Dead without Rick and with the ninja 6 yr old, it is pretty damn terrible.

Goatface

'The Walking Dead' Ratings Drop To All Time Low
1.68 demo down 16% from last week
4.538m total viewers down 12%

previous low for total viewers was S1E2 Guts with 4.71m

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
'The Walking Dead' Ratings Drop To All Time Low
1.68 demo down 16% from last week
4.538m total viewers down 12%

previous low for total viewers was S1E2 Guts with 4.71m
one of their ads came on the other day while i was watching Expedition Unknown, with exception of Daryl, everyone else is a minority or female or a female minority now. there doesnt even seem to be zombies on it anymore. what a fucking joke.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The show killed off a lot of likable characters, they've stretched storylines thin to try to milk more episodes out of them, and each threat more or less feels like the last one but they raise the stakes by killing off more characters. Plus the show has been on for a long time. Do one final season, have a movie that does a condensed New World Order storyline as a finale, and call it a day.