The Walking Dead

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
What will happen next episode

Next episode Sam Beckett jumps in and takes control of the nerdy science guy. He sleeps with Andrea and finds a way to bring the Governor down and save both groups from war and destruction. Then he leaps again... but will he ever leap home?
I have not read the comics ever for this show, however I have this feeling that to make Rick totally go full bat shit nuts, not charlie sheen nuts, but Gary busey nuts.
Basically I think Rick somehow at start of the show or end of show is going to run into some walkers then really see Lori as walker, meaning his son did not kill her, thus he will go Gary Busey Nuts and complete his training to the dark side to battle the govenor.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's pretty obvious how this is going to go down. Rick is going to cave and decide to hand over Michonne, they are going to trot up to Woodbury to do the handoff, Governor gives the order to mow em down except Michonne, Woodbury peeps hesitate since they realize that's murder, plus a couple have gotten chummy with the other side (hence the scenes of Darryl sharing a cig and Doc not wanting to show his leg which btw was funny and creepy at the same time). Andrea winds up killing the Governor at the end.

Note I never read the comic but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it is there too.

Cybsled

The ironic thing is if Rick told Merle the deal the Governor tried to make (which he won't), Merle would tell Rick right away that the deal is bullshit.

In terms of Woodbury (comic speculation)
It wouldn't half-surprise me if Woodbury ends up becoming the Alexandria town vs. them relocating after the Governor dies

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The thing is, if Rick had shot the governor, it would have actually been interesting, like people would have been all "Whoa, didn't see that shit coming".

I gotta agree with Noodleface, in fact he said exactly what I told my wife earlier, this episode was like a Season 6 episode of Lost. Just pure fucking filler.

Hell the shot from Rick wouldn't even have to kill the governor, just shoot him, maybe his men get him away wounded and that leads to the inevitable confrontation.

Instead we get what should have been 10 to 15 minutes of another full episode stretched out to one whole episode.

I dunno, the consistency with this show is non existant, and I'm gonna be honest, I feel the same way when I try reading the comic books.

I'm a pretty big zombie buff, too. I mean my favorite films are all zombie films and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for zombie genre shlock.
Or Season 2... just think. The others... Ben... Lots of guns. BAM MIND BLOWN

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It's pretty obvious how this is going to go down. Rick is going to cave and decide to hand over Michonne, they are going to trot up to Woodbury to do the handoff, Governor gives the order to mow em down except Michonne, Woodbury peeps hesitate since they realize that's murder, plus a couple have gotten chummy with the other side (hence the scenes of Darryl sharing a cig and Doc not wanting to show his leg which btw was funny and creepy at the same time). Andrea winds up killing the Governor at the end.

Note I never read the comic but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it is there too.
Spoilering this

In the comic, Rick's wife dies when the governor's people attack the prison compound. She is shot by Lillith (from the video game and the actual novels written for the franchise) and falls on the baby, killing it. This causes Lillith to regret the attack on the compound, so Lillith kills the Governor over it. So you're on the right track, but they're not the exact same by a long shot

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I have not read the comics ever for this show, however I have this feeling that to make Rick totally go full bat shit nuts, not charlie sheen nuts, but Gary busey nuts.
Basically I think Rick somehow at start of the show or end of show is going to run into some walkers then really see Lori as walker, meaning his son did not kill her, thus he will go Gary Busey Nuts and complete his training to the dark side to battle the govenor.
If Samuel L Jackson was playing Rick, this shit would be over now, he would capped the govenor in the other eye, then shot him many more times, I can just see the comedy sketch now.
He would tap danced on his dead ass, while saying lots of N words lol.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's so much about this show that just fucking kills me on the inside...that mainly being how awesome all my friends, friends' moms, kids, fiance, and pretty much every fucking person I know thinks this is the best show ever. I don't get it. I want this show to be good, but what makes it so fucking terrible is that it accomplishes shit in 60 minutes that ANY...ANY other fucking show could do in 5 minutes. Think about it. What happened in the last episode? Rick has a meeting with the Governor, some people chat outside, some people talk back at the prison about how things will go down, and Governor says he wants Michonne. It takes 60 minutes to accomplish that? It's like this for every fucking episode... it just takes SO LONG for them to end up accomplishing so little. And yet still here I am being forced to watch it, and I don't wanna be "that guy" who says this show sucks while my facebook feed has some people saying this is literally the "best show ever." What the hell makes it so good in their eyes? A few heads get smashed to get their attention, and then it's back to the slow debate between rick and the Governor, where 2 sentences are exchanged, and it's back to commercials.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And if you read the comic books, its the exact opposite, they introduce new storylines, characters, etc. keep them for half an issue or an issue or two, then off them, right when you think they're going to become a major character or plot point.

They're having trouble finding a balance between the two, too fast and too slow. The way the comic does it can't translate well to TV, but the sluggish pace of the TV show isn't any better.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's so much about this show that just fucking kills me on the inside...that mainly being how awesome all my friends, friends' moms, kids, fiance, and pretty much every fucking person I know thinks this is the best show ever. I don't get it. I want this show to be good, but what makes it so fucking terrible is that it accomplishes shit in 60 minutes that ANY...ANY other fucking show could do in 5 minutes. Think about it. What happened in the last episode? Rick has a meeting with the Governor, some people chat outside, some people talk back at the prison about how things will go down, and Governor says he wants Michonne. It takes 60 minutes to accomplish that? It's like this for every fucking episode... it just takes SO LONG for them to end up accomplishing so little. And yet still here I am being forced to watch it, and I don't wanna be "that guy" who says this show sucks while my facebook feed has some people saying this is literally the "best show ever." What the hell makes it so good in their eyes? A few heads get smashed to get their attention, and then it's back to the slow debate between rick and the Governor, where 2 sentences are exchanged, and it's back to commercials.
And then they gloss over the 6+ months between seasons 2 and 3. Right after we're forced to sit through an entire season of them fucking around on a farm.

Oh, and then potentially awesome characters like Tyreese's crew? We get fuckall of them.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ironic thing is if Rick told Merle the deal the Governor tried to make (which he won't), Merle would tell Rick right away that the deal is bullshit.
Damn, you're absolutely right. Annoying. Not only do they have THE most complete source of information on the governor under their roof (even more so than the mad scientist) his own brother is closer to Rick at this point than anyone except Carl. Definitely more his right hand man than Herschel. The idea that Rick is so totally clueless about who he's dealing with in terms of the governor is absurd.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
then we have this silly sitdown which comes out of the blue. like how did it happen. andrea tells gov rick wants a meeting. then she drives over to the prison and says gov says ok, then drives back to crazyville and says rick says ok and where and when to meet. then back to the prison to tell location then back to crazyville to say ok? what if rick said he didnt like that meeting spot? and why did governor's men show up later than the governor himself? they had a window of opportunity for rick to grab a quick kill and get the fuck out of there with no gunfight. im also curious why they havent recleared their prison yard yet. do they like the smell of walking death 30 feet from where they sleep/

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Comics Rick would have shot the Governor in the fucking face. And the Governor would have earned his face-shooting. But Show Rick didn't, because Show Rick hasn't been pushed far enough yet and Show Governor is not nearly as sadistic and evil as Comics Governor. Show Rick can't justify killing Show Governor yet. So in the cage of terrible writing that they have built, this episode was right at home. But it was annoying. How the fuck can Rick possibly be so stupid as to consider the Governor's offer?Rick, I am disapoint.

Cybsled

My thoughts: Governer obviously had eyes on the prison. He wants to kill Rick and the other leaders, but he wants Michone alive (no doubt to horribly torture). He would have known Michone wouldn't be with them, so it's not in his interest to kill Rick yet. After their sitdown, Gov realizes what buttons he can push to get both things he wants: Michone delivered and the heads of the snake cutoff. Diplomacy isn't always about peace, rather it can actually be a very effective tool of war. You lull the other side into a false sense of security, then BOOM, blitzkrieg.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They still haven't explained his motivations for shit yet, either.

Basically a guy who is a humanitarian, rescuing people for his compound, but a complete pyschopath otherwise. His actions make absolutely no god damn sense.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My thoughts: Governer obviously had eyes on the prison. He wants to kill Rick and the other leaders, but he wants Michone alive (no doubt to horribly torture). He would have known Michone wouldn't be with them, so it's not in his interest to kill Rick yet. After their sitdown, Gov realizes what buttons he can push to get both things he wants: Michone delivered and the heads of the snake cutoff. Diplomacy isn't always about peace, rather it can actually be a very effective tool of war. You lull the other side into a false sense of security, then BOOM, blitzkrieg.
he doesnt want rick dead yet? why did he tell rick to sit down so he could greedo shoot him?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They still haven't explained his motivations for shit yet, either.

Basically a guy who is a humanitarian, rescuing people for his compound, but a complete pyschopath otherwise. His actions make absolutely no god damn sense.
Eh, nah, that part's not so bad. He's a politician, but secretly a dictator. He needs a crew for muscle and a community to keep the wheels turning and the lights/creature comforts on. How else will he be able to relax with whiskey and women and experiment on people to find a cure for his now dead ass daughter's condition?

He's a real slick guy, which is another shitty thing about this episode. As a cop, much less a sheriff (was Rickthesheriff or what was he?) you deal with politics and slimy lying politicians pretty frequently. Not to mention liars, manipulators and all around sociopaths. Its just the kind of person Rick should be able to see through as being a smiling snake.

Cybsled

The secret gun was just incase Rick did try something or the Gov thought Rick would not go for the Michone deal.

Rick probably does know deep down the Gov us lying, but hope and doubt are powerful tools and Rick isn't exact 100%.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The secret gun was just incase Rick did try something or the Gov thought Rick would not go for the Michone deal.

Rick probably does know deep down the Gov us lying, but hope and doubt are powerful tools and Rick isn't exact 100%.
Still, based on prior episodes it seems like something he might gather say Herschel, Daryl and Glen together and have a meeting about. Just doesn't jive with how Rick has been portrayed so far to me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
then we have this silly sitdown which comes out of the blue. like how did it happen. andrea tells gov rick wants a meeting. then she drives over to the prison and says gov says ok, then drives back to crazyville and says rick says ok and where and when to meet. then back to the prison to tell location then back to crazyville to say ok? what if rick said he didnt like that meeting spot? and why did governor's men show up later than the governor himself? they had a window of opportunity for rick to grab a quick kill and get the fuck out of there with no gunfight. im also curious why they havent recleared their prison yard yet. do they like the smell of walking death 30 feet from where they sleep/
I imagine they aren't clearing the yard in case they get sieged. Obviously the governor's crew can rip through them, but it's still a slowdown.

It's either that or a plothole.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I see him as a cult leader, really. He saves small groups and desperate people, making them feel dependent upon him.

But when he runs up on an organized group, he sees them as a threat, especially if they have a leader.

Rick has an organized group, and a not completely shitty defendable living space near enough that he feels its a threat.

It makes sense, in as much as it can. If you're running a cult as a singular leader, incorporating a large, organized outside group will probably just lead to political division between the two groups, causing conflict.

In the comics the Governor is a pretty bad dude. Here in the TV show, its a tiny bit more ambiguous, in that he does have at least the pretense of trying to protect his group from divisions which might lead to its destruction.

Chaos is dead on right when he says comic Rick would just blast the Governor if he had the chance, there wouldn't even be a moment's hesitation about it.